Tenet Reviews/Reactions [Possible SPOILERS]

Christopher Nolan's time inverting spy film that follows a protagonist fighting for the survival of the entire world.
immature wrote:
August 20th, 2020, 12:40 am
When will the review embargo be lifted?
This Friday morning 9aPST

Lincoln wrote:
August 19th, 2020, 5:01 pm
Reminder that Joker was received with overwhelming raves by Europeans (same 3 publications gave it 5 stars). Then weeks later US critics arrived and the mess started. Just 1 example.

Inception would've been received even much better in today's climate.
Well US critics are way more political and narrow minded compared to european critics. Sometimes it seems like many of them don't judge the movie itself. They judge the right political message (the less subtile, the better) and diversity of the filmcrew.

And don't get me wrong. I don't like Joker. It was just a solid comic book rendition of Scorsese movies. But I can clearly see why Joker got lukewarm reviews in the US. I don't see that happening with Tenet.

X-MementoMori-X wrote:
August 20th, 2020, 7:42 am
Lincoln wrote:
August 19th, 2020, 5:01 pm
Reminder that Joker was received with overwhelming raves by Europeans (same 3 publications gave it 5 stars). Then weeks later US critics arrived and the mess started. Just 1 example.

Inception would've been received even much better in today's climate.
Well US critics are way more political and narrow minded compared to european critics. Sometimes it seems like many of them don't judge the movie itself. They judge the right political message (the less subtile, the better) and diversity of the filmcrew.

And don't get me wrong. I don't like Joker. It was just a solid comic book rendition of Scorsese movies. But I can clearly see why Joker got lukewarm reviews in the US. I don't see that happening with Tenet.
I also think it was also in response to the huge positive response it got from the start. But yeah I’m way beyond focusing on arbitrary scores. In retrospect it’s mad how relatively ‘low’ prestige and interstellars scores were. I just hope people don’t mark tenet down purely because of the audacity of making people go out to the cinema in the midst of a pandemic.

The Special One wrote:
August 20th, 2020, 12:59 am
immature wrote:
August 20th, 2020, 12:40 am
When will the review embargo be lifted?
This Friday morning 9aPST
Thanks

I'm not familiar with letterboxd, when they have the "Pro" next to their name it means they are a professional critic? I saw this guy's post on twitter and he seems like the typical fanboy type trolling for attention.

radewart wrote:
August 20th, 2020, 12:48 pm
I'm not familiar with letterboxd, when they have the "Pro" next to their name it means they are a professional critic? I saw this guy's post on twitter and he seems like the typical fanboy type trolling for attention.
no pro means u paid for letterboxd's other advanced features

radewart wrote:
Clearly a fake "review"

DUNKIRKIE wrote:
August 20th, 2020, 12:51 pm
radewart wrote:
no pro means u paid for letterboxd's other advanced features
Okay, good to know, thanks!

and here....we....go