Tenet Reviews/Reactions [Possible SPOILERS]

Christopher Nolan's time inverting spy film that follows a protagonist fighting for the survival of the entire world.
hamid1993ss wrote:
August 19th, 2020, 4:52 pm
Intonestellar wrote:
August 19th, 2020, 4:23 pm
Guardian 5/5, although I can’t say how I know this :twothumbsup:
Wow most of the reviews will be like 5/5 stars. I think it will be even better than inception.
Hopefully, but The Prestige imo is a masterclass of filmmaking but didn’t review that well, still good but not great. Reviews are nice but end of day it really doesn’t matter.

Reminder that Joker was received with overwhelming raves by Europeans (same 3 publications gave it 5 stars). Then weeks later US critics arrived and the mess started. Just 1 example.

Inception would've been received even much better in today's climate.

Lincoln wrote:
August 19th, 2020, 5:01 pm
Reminder that Joker was received with overwhelming raves by Europeans (same 3 publications gave it 5 stars). Then weeks later US critics arrived and the mess started. Just 1 example.

Joker word of mouth and reviews in the main were amazing, the issue the US had was it promoted violence & vigilante behaviour as a good thing.

Intonestellar wrote:
August 19th, 2020, 5:04 pm
Lincoln wrote:

Joker word of mouth and reviews in the main were amazing, the issue the US had was it held no hope & was too vicious & promoted violence as a good thing.
I wont going off-topic, but it ended up being panned https://www.metacritic.com/movie/joker

The point it's too early to tell - in relation to the previous post-

There's gonna be negative/mixed reviews, every movie has them. Some people just don't like Nolan's style, which is fair, everyone has a right to their opinion. Also, stop caring about rotten tomato/meta critic scores.

Lincoln wrote:
August 19th, 2020, 5:09 pm
Intonestellar wrote:
Lincoln wrote:

Joker word of mouth and reviews in the main were amazing, the issue the US had was it held no hope & was too vicious & promoted violence as a good thing.
I wont going off-topic, but it ended up being panned https://www.metacritic.com/movie/joker

The point it's too early to tell - in relation to the previous post-
Oh it’s defo early. 9/10 from general public for Joker is great. Heard nothing but positive things about Joker.

All of Nolan’s films so far are reviewed good/great, great start to the reviews so far.

I am expecting pretty similar reception to what Inception got. It will be universal acclaim but not Dunkirk level. Them being content with reviews dropping same day tickets go on sale in the USA is a pretty big sign of confidence that they know the word of mouth will be highly positive.

Intonestellar wrote:
Lincoln wrote:

Joker word of mouth and reviews in the main were amazing, the issue the US had was it promoted violence & vigilante behaviour as a good thing.
Yes but also Joker just due to its nature was always going to illicit those kind of polarizing reactions, I highly doubt Tenet is like that, so my guess is the initial reactions we see are generally going to be what we see going forward

Ace wrote:
August 19th, 2020, 3:31 pm
so exciting

When will the review embargo be lifted?