Fortnite Tie-In

Christopher Nolan's time inverting spy film that follows a protagonist fighting for the survival of the entire world.
👀

Look up recent posts/YT videos about Steamy Stacks and they're all talking about this
Very few appear to be figuring the Tenet connection out at the moment

antovolk wrote:
August 6th, 2020, 2:54 am
👀

Look up recent posts/YT videos about Steamy Stacks and they're all talking about this
Very few appear to be figuring the Tenet connection out at the moment
Oh the connection is obvious. Isn’t the orange briefcase that JDW has in the Tallinn car chase sequence on top of the fire truck. In the trailers, that orange briefcase is also shown in JDW’s possession in the car and in the Russian’s Mercedes
Last edited by Nomis on August 6th, 2020, 2:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: use spoiler tags if you quote large images!

And we have a new ish peek at the score too! There apparently leaked audio files of the sound effects from that new Easter egg area...

They've got a big in game tie in planned most likely closer to release, like with Avengers and Star Wars . Are they actually gonna try replicate inversion?

antovolk wrote:
August 6th, 2020, 3:03 am
And we have a new ish peek at the score too! There apparently leaked audio files of the sound effects from that new Easter egg area...

They've got a big in game tie in planned most likely closer to release, like with Avengers and Star Wars . Are they actually gonna try replicate inversion?
interesting! I wonder if all this effort and investment will payoff, it doesn’t seem the trailer and Nolan’s filmography screenings in Fortnite produced significant new interest apart from established Nolan fans

intersteIIarx wrote:
August 6th, 2020, 3:06 am
antovolk wrote:

interesting! I wonder if all this effort and investment will payoff, it doesn’t seem the trailer and Nolan’s filmography screenings in Fortnite produced significant new interest apart from established Nolan fans
Given how very few people have figured this connection out and even those that did - people are like 'huh didn't know about this film', a bigger gameplay event certainly seems like something that would boost awareness. The trailer/screenings thing did indeed feel like a bonus for those players aware of Nolan etc and willing to take a break from playing for the event stuff but a big gameplay event which everyone playing would take a part in is gonna be interesting

KEM
God I love that arp so much...

antovolk wrote:
August 6th, 2020, 3:21 am
intersteIIarx wrote:
August 6th, 2020, 3:06 am
antovolk wrote:

Given how very few people have figured this connection out and even those that did - people are like 'huh didn't know about this film', a bigger gameplay event certainly seems like something that would boost awareness. The trailer/screenings thing did indeed feel like a bonus for those players aware of Nolan etc and willing to take a break from playing for the event stuff but a big gameplay event which everyone playing would take a part in is gonna be interesting
I'm all for more awareness of Tenet if that means increased box office success. I just wonder how Fortnite interest in Tenet will translate to those individuals flocking to cinemas to see it. I'm guessing majority of players would be under 18 (I could be wrong) so they would need their parents to take them to the cinemas... and would their parents be willing to do that given the current situation? Just because cinemas are open doesn't necessary mean people feel that they are safe places to go.

I guess we'll see, hopefully the offical Tenet twitter account tweets out something to raise awareness of the Fortnite tie-in.

intersteIIarx wrote:
August 6th, 2020, 4:04 am
I'm guessing majority of players would be under 18 (I could be wrong) so they would need their parents to take them to the cinemas... and would their parents be willing to do that given the current situation? Just because cinemas are open doesn't necessary mean people feel that they are safe places to go.
Tenet is PG-13, no need for parents to go with teens.

We live in a Fortnite-world.

LelekPL wrote:
August 6th, 2020, 4:55 am
intersteIIarx wrote:
August 6th, 2020, 4:04 am
I'm guessing majority of players would be under 18 (I could be wrong) so they would need their parents to take them to the cinemas... and would their parents be willing to do that given the current situation? Just because cinemas are open doesn't necessary mean people feel that they are safe places to go.
Tenet is PG-13, no need for parents to go with teens.
Doesn't PG literally mean parental guidance