Trailer #4/Inception Re-Release Footage

Christopher Nolan's time inverting spy film that follows a protagonist fighting for the survival of the entire world.
speedy117 wrote:
August 14th, 2020, 11:40 am
atwins wrote:
August 14th, 2020, 10:08 am
Collector03601 wrote:
August 14th, 2020, 4:35 am
In BTS I loved the bit that even the scene with glove catching the part is practical :clap:
When I saw it in the trailer I could've sworn they just filmed him dropping it, maybe onto a hidden magnet to make it fall perfectly, and then played it in reverse.

Was also surprised the whole thing was real
How did they do it then?
They didn't explain it in the BTS footage, but I guess there must've been a sort of pneumatic "pistol" under the sprocket, so that it was literally shot up into JDW's hand. At least that's my guess. I was also surprised to see that it is not a scene in reverse!

All I have is a word: magnets

Also, just booked tickets for us the rerelease on the 21st Doubt therell be anythign new but itll be fun anyway

KEM
DHOPW42 wrote:
August 14th, 2020, 11:56 am
speedy117 wrote:
August 14th, 2020, 11:40 am
atwins wrote:
August 14th, 2020, 10:08 am

When I saw it in the trailer I could've sworn they just filmed him dropping it, maybe onto a hidden magnet to make it fall perfectly, and then played it in reverse.

Was also surprised the whole thing was real
How did they do it then?
They didn't explain it in the BTS footage, but I guess there must've been a sort of pneumatic "pistol" under the sprocket, so that it was literally shot up into JDW's hand. At least that's my guess. I was also surprised to see that it is not a scene in reverse!
Also could’ve been a thin wire inside the glove that pulls it up into the glove and they take out the wire in post, but I also have no idea

A couple of days ago I watched the Inception re-release in Digital IMAX. I got the short Inception behind the scenes segment and the Tenet behind the scenes segment at my showing.

Something most interesting I observed with the Tenet behind the scenes segment. Compared to the bootleg of the Tenet behind the scenes circulating on the internet right now, I got a little bit of extended footage at my showing. There were some extended shots of some of the behind the scenes footage, and for some of the cast and crew there was some extra, extended dialogue not present in the bootleg of the behind the scenes. I can't say why this happened at my showing, but it did. I don't remember all the extra little details, but I got a few extra shots of some of the shooting locations including Italy and Estonia. Some of the extra dialogue included some of the cast and crew taking about how blown away they were with the film and Nolan, and being blown away by the complexity and the amount of things in production that they did which had never been done before. Also some of the cast talked about the physical difficulty and intensity of filming during production.

Came back from the showing, as announced by my theater no BTS was attached :( Prologue still dope though, and I had forgot how DiCaprio is such a perfect fit for Cobb.
Exactly a month to go here! :gonf:

Went yesterday, saw the alternate version of BTS (next to no difference, only different interview bits from JDW that say roughly the same thing as the original).

On another note, I noticed during Inception that they cut the 3 seconds where JGL gets in the cab, gives a weird look to the foreign music playing from the radio, and turns it off. Anyone else notice this at their viewing?

atwins wrote:
August 19th, 2020, 10:35 am
Went yesterday, saw the alternate version of BTS (next to no difference, only different interview bits from JDW that say roughly the same thing as the original).

On another note, I noticed during Inception that they cut the 3 seconds where JGL gets in the cab, gives a weird look to the foreign music playing from the radio, and turns it off. Anyone else notice this at their viewing?
Mine had the foreign music part.

atwins wrote:

That part was in my version as well.

atwins wrote:

I just came back from seeing the re-release the 2nd time and it did have that part.