Who else is going into this film 'blind'?

Christopher Nolan's time inverting spy film that follows a protagonist fighting for the survival of the entire world.
MuffinMcFluffin wrote:
September 2nd, 2020, 8:07 pm
Well everyone, I made it! In my theater in Reno watching trailers. So far there may be like ten people in the theater max, and no one near me. What’s best is, as the thread suggests, I’m coming into this film blind. I’m excited that I don’t know crap about it other than the writer/director, main actors, and the title!
Awesome. Hopefully it will be an amazing experience for you. I’m on the same boat by the way. I’m going fresh although whenever I have the chance to watch it :P

mee

I'm super glad I went in blind. After watching the trailers, I can see that it's cool that I didn't know any of those concepts of the film.

MuffinMcFluffin wrote:
September 3rd, 2020, 1:51 am
I'm super glad I went in blind. After watching the trailers, I can see that it's cool that I didn't know any of those concepts of the film.
Nice. Hope it was worth the wait.

Paradoxicalparabola wrote:
September 3rd, 2020, 2:16 am
MuffinMcFluffin wrote:
September 3rd, 2020, 1:51 am
Nice. Hope it was worth the wait.
Seeing any film blind is always worth the wait. I won't leave any impressions in here because I want this thread to remain blind in that way. I'll post in the other thread at some point when I'm good and ready, heh.

I'll just say that I'm glad I got to see the movie finally.

I would have loved if the trailers did what Jeremy Jahns mentioned in his review: show that it's an espionage thriller, nothing more.

MorenoVL wrote:
September 3rd, 2020, 2:31 am
I would have loved if the trailers did what Jeremy Jahns mentioned in his review: show that it's an espionage thriller, nothing more.
I didn't watch his review yet, but I would have loved that too.

Then again, that's why I avoid watching these trailers hah.

MuffinMcFluffin wrote:
September 3rd, 2020, 2:34 am
MorenoVL wrote:

My best friend watches the first trailer for movies and then never watches another. I should really stick to his method, but it's so tempting each and every time, damnit!

MorenoVL wrote:
September 3rd, 2020, 2:37 am
MuffinMcFluffin wrote:
MorenoVL wrote:

My best friend watches the first trailer for movies and then never watches another. I should really stick to his method, but it's so tempting each and every time, damnit!
My new rule is "Once I know I want to see the movie, I'm not watching anything else about it." Therefore, this applies to every Christopher Nolan movie by default.

And I'll be honest, it's not that tempting for me anymore. The only problem is the nerve-racking thought of needing to have to go out of your way to avoid the content. It's kind of like with me and my peanut allergy: I don't mind that I can't eat PB&J, but I have to be really alert and make sure that I don't order a menu item at a restaurant that, say, uses peanut oil without my knowledge or something. So that's the hard part.

MuffinMcFluffin wrote:
September 3rd, 2020, 2:46 am
MorenoVL wrote:
September 3rd, 2020, 2:37 am
MuffinMcFluffin wrote:

My new rule is "Once I know I want to see the movie, I'm not watching anything else about it." Therefore, this applies to every Christopher Nolan movie by default.

And I'll be honest, it's not that tempting for me anymore. The only problem is the nerve-racking thought of needing to have to go out of your way to avoid the content. It's kind of like with me and my peanut allergy: I don't mind that I can't eat PB&J, but I have to be really alert and make sure that I don't order a menu item at a restaurant that, say, uses peanut oil without my knowledge or something. So that's the hard part.
Let's consider this a life changing point for me, from now on I'm not going to watch any trailers or reviews before I've seen the movie. Thanks mate! :gonf: