Who else is going into this film 'blind'?

Christopher Nolan's time inverting spy film that follows a protagonist fighting for the survival of the entire world.
Totally respect that and I tried it with different films, but never with a Nolan one. No matter how many things I see his movies always give me a different experience and something I am not prepared for. Inception was the best one so far.

Collector03601 wrote:
June 16th, 2020, 3:18 am
Totally respect that and I tried it with different films, but never with a Nolan one. No matter how many things I see his movies always give me a different experience and something I am not prepared for. Inception was the best one so far.
yea Nolan films are so dense that some spoilers doesn't really distract from the experience.

MuffinMcFluffin wrote:
June 15th, 2020, 6:19 pm
This is something I'm doing more regularly with films that I know I'm going to see, and it has been a pleasant surprise. No expectations, no spoilers, just me and the film. I know it's probably too late for some of you with Tenet, and I know that sometimes we can't help ourselves by nature, but I urge you to try this with a film someday and see how awesome it makes the first time viewing experience.
I did it with Interstellar and it was great. I'm doing it again for this film.

Interstellar was one film that I only saw the teaser and first trailer. That was nice, because it still kept out everything after entering the wormhole (not literally if I went shot by shot, but it didn't get me really seeing what was on the other side at all, including the waves, the "love" bit, etc).

I tried to stay away for Dunkirk, but then I did this thing alongside a Memento project I do for my students where I played trailers ("previews") for all the Nolan films leading up to showing them Memento, so I saw Dunkirk's stuff in making that happen. It saddened me that I was exposed to the torpedo scene and the oil spill catching fire, but it did help further the idea that it was a survival film, which was kind of crucial for me to feel the impact of the rest of it. What helped for me to avoid things like spoilers is I was the second person on this message board to see the film, so I didn't have those things running into me at all.

Whatever the hell this film is about, I'm totally on board. I don't know if it's some Inception sequel, some Bond knock-off, some Avatar competitor... no clue whatsoever, and it feels so good being at this stage. I also have to echo what Pratham said on it's also cool that I don't know what this sounds like either, knowing that he's going with a different composer this time around. I know we also have a new editor and don't know what that's like till we see the film, but I'm overall just super stoked.

I hope I can avoid all TV spots and such leading up to it, is all!

I watched Interstellar completely blind. I enjoyed it but was also disappointed because I had too high of a expectations.

Oku
Spoiler-phobia only really matters for films like crime thrillers, i.e. say you accidentally find out who the killer is while browsing its Wikipedia page, and you instantly lose all desire to continue watching because the only driving force that kept you watching is now gone.

With a movie like Tenet, if you are a super-fan and are pretty sure that you will watch it several times, then spoilers, first-time-viewing-purity, and all that jazz don't matter at all.

I went into Interstellar knowing little and went into Dunkirk knowing a lot; in both cases, my memories of the first viewings are nearly completely erased, and have been replaced by memories from more recent viewings.

im one to watch and read most of the stuff that comes out for every Nolan film, by the time im sitting in the theater im so excited for the film that i forget every possible spoiler i had read about or seen earlier, for me, consuming promotional materials is just part of the journey, o could not go blind, i feel like i could not enjoy the final product as much, good luck to any one going blind though, it must be a cool experience.

Nicolaslabra wrote:
June 18th, 2020, 11:10 pm
im one to watch and read most of the stuff that comes out for every Nolan film, by the time im sitting in the theater im so excited for the film that i forget every possible spoiler i had read about or seen earlier, for me, consuming promotional materials is just part of the journey, o could not go blind, i feel like i could not enjoy the final product as much, good luck to any one going blind though, it must be a cool experience.
Same here, I mean the show is going to be so intense that the spoilers (which are probably nothing) won't affect the experience. I need something outside of work to be obsessed with during this pandemic.

I've still been really good so far! Gotta wait only five or six more days, now!

Ran into a couple quick shots of TV spots while watching Hulu by accident, and once I recognize it's for Tenet I mute my receiver and look away haha. I also went on Rotten Tomatoes several days ago to look up a certain film, and ran across Tenet's RT score at the time. I don't know what it's like now but don't want to build up/lower too much hype based on it. I just want to try and see this film as blindly as possible!

What's ironic is I just re-watched Inception the other day, and I'm sitting here thinking if I saw Inception with this mindset, I would probably have been a little upset at myself by the opening scene. I'd be like: "This is about dreams? There is another dream thing?? What the bloody fuck is going on?!?!" I probably watched that trailer a few too many times before seeing the movie, though.

Well everyone, I made it! In my theater in Reno watching trailers. So far there may be like ten people in the theater max, and no one near me. What’s best is, as the thread suggests, I’m coming into this film blind. I’m excited that I don’t know crap about it other than the writer/director, main actors, and the title!