Appearances of the Cast and Crew

Christopher Nolan's time inverting spy film that follows a protagonist fighting for the survival of the entire world.
They don't need to do in-person interviews, IMO. Zoom is fine and is actually more efficient for journalist spread out all over the place.

I wonder if they would attempt to do some kind of premiere. It would look real bad to tell people its safe to come back to theaters to see a movie, but they cast and crew that made the movie won't do the same...

Also, I wonder how/if they set up screenings for critics, I doubt Nolan will send out screeners. It will likely be in theaters if at all, which either way is gonna piss off many critics reviewing the movie before they even watch it.

Kenneth Branagh Thinks ‘Tenet’ Could Get the Film Industry “Somewhere Near Normal”
“The pandemic and our movement toward this latest development…is symbolized by the return of large numbers of people to all be at a distance but still [take part in a] group communal experience of a piece of entertainment. That’s a big deal right now in our world, it’s important. It would seem to go with what I can tell you is a movie that is worth the public’s attention, that can be a great thing. All other movie companies are looking at it with real interest, to say the least, because it also uniquely combines with [Nolan’s] unusual brand. An auteur filmmaker who knows how to make a blockbuster. So if he’s on form, then the movie business gets a lovely kick back into the direction of somewhere near normal.”

“[Nolan] seems to be able to manipulate time. Not only does he obsess about doing it in the stories of his movies, in the making of them he seems to stop time to address difficult things. I never felt, as I sometimes do in lesser hands, you get rushed when big effects moments in movies overpower, and the crane, and the action, and the equipment, and the vehicles are all happening and suddenly the actors are panicked. Because it needs to happen now. Chris Nolan seems to be able to stop that, sort of Matrix pause, come and direct you as if there isn’t a care in the world. You could take all day to rehearse the scene if you want. And then he goes back to unleashing the monster of chaos that will surround you. [He makes] the two things marry up. It’s like seeing a painter at work. It’s fascinating to watch.”
https://collider.com/tenet-release-date ... interview/

“With Christopher Nolan, in a very old-fashioned way, it’s like a handshake. I’ll tell you how I got the script. The door knocked, I opened the door and standing at the door was an international film director called Chris Nolan. He had an envelope under his arm and he said ‘I’ve come to deliver the script to you.’ It doesn’t get more personal then that. And then , ‘how will we talk about this?’ [Nolan said], “24 hours from now, sir, I will give you a telephone call and we will discuss it.” It’s as simple as that. He says, “it’d be nice if we maybe kept this to ourselves”…nobody signs anything. It’s a handshake and a level of trust.

It’s a loaded thing. When there are new scripts, I run to Chris’ associate producer, Andy [Thompson], who will take from me either my script or replace the pages that are changed. But I don’t ever want to have a script that isn’t locked in my bag. Like on an airplane, if you’re traveling to location and you’re reading it…frankly, on a Nolan fim, you think about that before your passport. It’ll be fine if they don’t let me into Estonia, but if they do let me into Estonia and I don’t have the script for Tenet, I’m done. It’s over.”

https://collider.com/tenet-release-date ... interview/

More from Kenneth Branagh. This one is only three minutes. Kind of an interesting watch, although there’s nothing new. :)

marshallmurphy wrote:
June 14th, 2020, 10:25 pm

More from Kenneth Branagh. This one is only three minutes. Kind of an interesting watch, although there’s nothing new. :)
I am quite skeptical that Nolan didn't make him sign an NDA at some point though. Nolan seems to have a 'thing' for Branagh, he delivered a 10 minute speech when Branagh received a BAFTA award. Now he claims that Nolan let him kept the script at his own home?

Maybe Nolan is trying to do a Shakespeare movie with Branagh so he can get knighted.

Maybe Nolan is trying to do a Shakespeare movie with Branagh so he can get knighted.
Seriously? Lmao.

DUNKIRKIE wrote:
June 14th, 2020, 10:41 pm
Seriously? Lmao.
Seems like the way to get Knighted is to do Shakespeare's work, or at least some kind of theatrical work. I mean with the exception of Dunkirk, his movies tend to be more American oriented. That is not going to get you knighted. Tenet is also featuring an American protagonist.

dragon_phoenix wrote:
June 14th, 2020, 11:01 pm
DUNKIRKIE wrote:
Seriously? Lmao.
Seems like the way to get Knighted is to do Shakespeare's work, or at least some kind of theatrical work. I mean with the exception of Dunkirk, his movies tend to be more American oriented. That is not going to get you knighted. Tenet is also featuring an American protagonist.
But I believe Nolan isn't that kind of filmmaker that would make a film for the purpose of getting kinghted in the first place.

DUNKIRKIE wrote:
June 14th, 2020, 11:28 pm
dragon_phoenix wrote:
June 14th, 2020, 11:01 pm
DUNKIRKIE wrote:

Seriously? Lmao.
But I believe Nolan isn't that kind of filmmaker that would make a film for the purpose of getting kinghted in the first place.
Yea I am partially joking. But it seems like Nolan trust Branagh a lot and wants to work with him often.