Appearances of the Cast and Crew

Christopher Nolan's time inverting spy film that follows a protagonist fighting for the survival of the entire world.

sorry the cover was only LQ, but looking forward to this!

I have to laugh at the way this one photoshoot is a gift that keeps on giving

Uno wrote:
August 6th, 2020, 9:44 pm
El Especial wrote:
August 6th, 2020, 6:04 pm
“I put everything into this film. You think it’s going to happen and they keep pushing it back. That can be disheartening. But it’s like your child. You want to send it to the best school, even if you have to wait a semester.”
https://www.mrporter.com/en-gb/journal/ ... d=96250883
I feel so bad for everyone who worked so hard on this film. Sad times we live in. :cry:
Don't feel bad, especially for the main cast... they received multi-million dollar cheques not too long ago.

also, they just made a Chris Nolan film,in the long run its a win, no matter the box office, its good for your CV and wallet, maybe it wont make the huge cultural impact a Nolan film normally does, but it will eventually work its way into pop and film culture, one way or another.

The cast for Irish Times

Interesting Quotes:
- “What drove me nuts with this film was the massive number of set pieces. With the films that we’ve done we always know that one thing that’s going to challenge everybody.With Tenet it felt like every time we would do one of those big things, you relax for five minutes and then you look at the set schedule for next week and then there’s another one. We have a live, very large car chase in the film that was tricky to shoot for reasons that you’ll see.”

- “There was a scene where we went about five miles of a freeway in Estonia with hundreds of cars,” recalls the English actor. “So John David gets in the passenger seat and Chris is like just follow the camera car. Take it easy the first time. John David turns to me and said: ‘Are you like a really good driver or something. So I’m s***ting myself as I’m whipping between cars at 80 miles an hour and Chris is behaving like this is completely normal.”

- “When I’m running on screen I’m generally paired with John David who is an ex-NFL player so it was the most unfair thing in the world,” says Pattinson. “The maximum workout I do most of the time is a casual stroll. John David can run all day long. It was good that I ended up being pretty fit. But definitely, at the beginning, there were days I just could not walk afterwards.”

- “When I first read it both Chris and Emma were saying: did you read this properly because everyone else took another two hours?” says Pattinson, blushing a little via Zoom. “And I said: Oh s**t. Right up until the last week of the shoot, I was talking to John David (Washington) and asking him some pretty fundamental questions about who my character was. And John David was like: ‘Wait, you don’t know this?’ But it’s complicated! You’re not just being fed the story.

- “You’re trying to uncover the mystery at the same time as the characters in the movie are. A lot of the stuff in this movie is expositional world-building stuff and a dense story. And the script makes that accessible to a layman. And that’s really difficult to get that balance of making it sound like natural dialogue and trying to get across information that you probably need a PhD to understand properly. And then you have to put it in the mouth of someone like me, who can barely add.”

- “It was darker than anything I’ve ever played,” he says of Tenet’s Russian oligarch. “Chris does his homework so he knew what I had done before and what he didn’t want from me. He kept saying: ‘You know this character has to be unremittingly evil?’ Until finally, on the last day he said, regarding your character and the darkness? You really understood the memo.”

- “The sense of scale here, even on the page, is something else,” says Branagh. “It plays as a bang-up entertainment but there’s a tonne more to it.The script weaves in so many characters across so many countries and layers of plot and meaning. The conceit is really bold. It’s one of those things that’s almost unique to Chris Nolan. It’s a massive, action-packed blockbuster that reads as a really personal movie with intellectual dazzle.”
Full Interview: https://www.irishtimes.com/culture/film ... -1.4318677

intersteIIarx wrote:
August 8th, 2020, 2:05 am
The cast for Irish Times

Interesting Quotes:
- “What drove me nuts with this film was the massive number of set pieces. With the films that we’ve done we always know that one thing that’s going to challenge everybody.With Tenet it felt like every time we would do one of those big things, you relax for five minutes and then you look at the set schedule for next week and then there’s another one. We have a live, very large car chase in the film that was tricky to shoot for reasons that you’ll see.”

- “There was a scene where we went about five miles of a freeway in Estonia with hundreds of cars,” recalls the English actor. “So John David gets in the passenger seat and Chris is like just follow the camera car. Take it easy the first time. John David turns to me and said: ‘Are you like a really good driver or something. So I’m s***ting myself as I’m whipping between cars at 80 miles an hour and Chris is behaving like this is completely normal.”

- “When I’m running on screen I’m generally paired with John David who is an ex-NFL player so it was the most unfair thing in the world,” says Pattinson. “The maximum workout I do most of the time is a casual stroll. John David can run all day long. It was good that I ended up being pretty fit. But definitely, at the beginning, there were days I just could not walk afterwards.”

- “When I first read it both Chris and Emma were saying: did you read this properly because everyone else took another two hours?” says Pattinson, blushing a little via Zoom. “And I said: Oh s**t. Right up until the last week of the shoot, I was talking to John David (Washington) and asking him some pretty fundamental questions about who my character was. And John David was like: ‘Wait, you don’t know this?’ But it’s complicated! You’re not just being fed the story.

- “You’re trying to uncover the mystery at the same time as the characters in the movie are. A lot of the stuff in this movie is expositional world-building stuff and a dense story. And the script makes that accessible to a layman. And that’s really difficult to get that balance of making it sound like natural dialogue and trying to get across information that you probably need a PhD to understand properly. And then you have to put it in the mouth of someone like me, who can barely add.”

- “It was darker than anything I’ve ever played,” he says of Tenet’s Russian oligarch. “Chris does his homework so he knew what I had done before and what he didn’t want from me. He kept saying: ‘You know this character has to be unremittingly evil?’ Until finally, on the last day he said, regarding your character and the darkness? You really understood the memo.”

- “The sense of scale here, even on the page, is something else,” says Branagh. “It plays as a bang-up entertainment but there’s a tonne more to it.The script weaves in so many characters across so many countries and layers of plot and meaning. The conceit is really bold. It’s one of those things that’s almost unique to Chris Nolan. It’s a massive, action-packed blockbuster that reads as a really personal movie with intellectual dazzle.”
Full Interview: https://www.irishtimes.com/culture/film ... -1.4318677
Thank you! Loved what Emma said about awards not being the priority. Also, "expositional world-building stuff" I feel as if I can already read or hear complains about exposition once certain people watch the film. :P

intersteIIarx wrote:
August 7th, 2020, 12:57 pm

sorry the cover was only LQ, but looking forward to this!

I have to laugh at the way this one photoshoot is a gift that keeps on giving
feel like they literally only have two photshoots

Good stuff, thanks for posting

Cast on the cover of World Screen Magazine
Last edited by intersteIIarx on August 9th, 2020, 2:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

zzzzzzz

Debicki strikes me more and more as a young Catherine Deneuve, gosh :oops: