Appearances of the Cast and Crew

Christopher Nolan's time inverting spy film that follows a protagonist fighting for the survival of the entire world.

marshallmurphy wrote:
June 29th, 2020, 3:31 pm
Who's the girl in the background ? :shock:

enfitt wrote:
June 29th, 2020, 4:01 pm
Who's the girl in the background ? :shock:
Debicki.

If you have seen the last spot and set-pieces. That Debicki outfit /photo is from the desert stuff

marshallmurphy wrote:
June 29th, 2020, 3:31 pm
Debicki looks really cute in that pic

Lincoln wrote:
June 29th, 2020, 5:50 pm
If you have seen the last spot and set-pieces. That Debicki outfit /photo is from the desert stuff
It seems unrecognizable to my eye. She might be her but doesn't look like her.

Rob's interview from Cinemania Magazine. (Hopefully we can get JDW's interview also)

To what extent does the TENET theme speaks about the world we live in?
Robert Pattinson: The characters in TENET wake up one morning and discover that their qualities no longer serve the reality in which they live and they have to adapt very fast to survive. It is very strange that this is exactly what we have experienced the last few months.

Was it a very demanding shoot on a physical level?
Robert Pattinson: Yes. Going from the filming of Tenet, the most demanding thing I have done physically, to THE BATMAN, I think I aged 10 years, also because John David is a full-fledged athlete and, not only that, but he has a true athlete mentality. When he runs, he will sprint to his maximum capacity, again and again and again. In every take, in every rehearsal … and my career has basically been designed around the concept of sitting in armchairs and going on vacation (laughing). We were supposed to show even skill, but there were weeks of filming where I couldn’t even walk.

Did Nolan give you some advice on how to play Batman?
Robert Pattinson: Not at all. He is very respectful. I think the only conversation we had about Batman was the last day of filming.

intersteIIarx wrote:
June 30th, 2020, 8:49 pm
Rob's interview from Cinemania Magazine. (Hopefully we can get JDW's interview also)

To what extent does the TENET theme speaks about the world we live in?
Robert Pattinson: The characters in TENET wake up one morning and discover that their qualities no longer serve the reality in which they live and they have to adapt very fast to survive. It is very strange that this is exactly what we have experienced the last few months.

Was it a very demanding shoot on a physical level?
Robert Pattinson: Yes. Going from the filming of Tenet, the most demanding thing I have done physically, to THE BATMAN, I think I aged 10 years, also because John David is a full-fledged athlete and, not only that, but he has a true athlete mentality. When he runs, he will sprint to his maximum capacity, again and again and again. In every take, in every rehearsal … and my career has basically been designed around the concept of sitting in armchairs and going on vacation (laughing). We were supposed to show even skill, but there were weeks of filming where I couldn’t even walk.

Did Nolan give you some advice on how to play Batman?
Robert Pattinson: Not at all. He is very respectful. I think the only conversation we had about Batman was the last day of filming.
That first paragraph makes me realize that I still have no idea what this movie is actually about or how everything is going to work. I guess he is referring
to a World War 3 type situation?

Rob Pattinson full interview in Milliyet Sanat.

Q: What do you wanna say about your character?
Rob: My character is a colleague of John David Washington’s character and he is English. That’s all I’m gonna say.

Q: Let’s talk about Christopher Nolan. Do you like his movies?
Rob: Of course. I guess everybody likes his movies. I think he is one of the very rare directors who constantly makes this divine and challenging mainstream movies. His movies are always genuine and surprising, you are not presented something easy to digest. And every single movie of him is different than the previous one. For example, I remember the time Dunkirk came out. It was such a master stroke… A masterpiece. Then “Tenet” came. This is an extraordinary movie which harbors engineering & vision with every aspect of it.

Q: What was it like to collaborate with Nolan for the first time for you?
Rob: I’m not gonna lie, almost every actor wants to work with him. So I was excited too. Watching him work in a big production like Tenet is simply fascinating, there are so many variances that… But Chris is dominating everything every moment and he is balanced. Nothing stresses him, nothing shakes. I’d never seen anything like this in my life. It was a very hard movie to shoot in many respects yet I remember the shoot as a very beautiful period.

Q: You were a part of a very assertive cast…
Rob: Yes, he worked with an incredible cast and a complex script and every actor had the same mindset. I hadn’t met John David, it was a chance to get along with him because most scenes of mine were with him. We worked very closely for a couple of months together. I guess it became one of the closest friendships I have ever built during a movie.

Q: There are both moving forward and backward among the stunt works of the movie, right? Possibly, training period for it was interesting. Can you talk about it a little?
Rob: It was hard because it was not like a real fight. I mean, you are doing the exaggerated and unnatural moves and then you are doing the opposite, it was quite intimidating. Let alone moving unlike your natural tendencies, your character is kind of an expert. Then you look at the stunt doubles, despite the fact that they were trained for weeks for it, at first they also found it hard.

Q: Why do you think this movie should be watched in theaters?
Rob: Because it is a very assertive and a complex movie. First of all, no one makes movies like Chris and this movie is as if “Nolan is on steroids” because he uses the new technology in IMAX cams. These cameras were specifically designed for this movie. I can’t imagine what it will be like to watch it on the big screen. When you consider the fact that people weren’t able to go to cinema for months, it is amazing that they await this movie impatiently. I think it shows what things are doable in cinema. Chris, with all his power, pushes the limits of what can be done with zero special effect. It is a very intense experience and it is not possible to experience it fully without watching it on the biggest screen you could find.

intersteIIarx wrote:
June 30th, 2020, 9:05 pm
Q: There are both moving forward and backward among the stunt works of the movie, right? Possibly, training period for it was interesting. Can you talk about it a little?
Rob: It was hard because it was not like a real fight. I mean, you are doing the exaggerated and unnatural moves and then you are doing the opposite, it was quite intimidating. Let alone moving unlike your natural tendencies, your character is kind of an expert. Then you look at the stunt doubles, despite the fact that they were trained for weeks for it, at first they also found it hard.

Q: Why do you think this movie should be watched in theaters?
Rob: Because it is a very assertive and a complex movie. First of all, no one makes movies like Chris and this movie is as if “Nolan is on steroids” because he uses the new technology in IMAX cams. These cameras were specifically designed for this movie. I can’t imagine what it will be like to watch it on the big screen. When you consider the fact that people weren’t able to go to cinema for months, it is amazing that they await this movie impatiently. I think it shows what things are doable in cinema. Chris, with all his power, pushes the limits of what can be done with zero special effect. It is a very intense experience and it is not possible to experience it fully without watching it on the biggest screen you could find.
These two paragraphs got me hyped! :gonf:

Does anyone know what new technology Pattinson is referring to? Also, I can't believe they actually did stunts backward. Insane.