Appearances of the Cast and Crew

Christopher Nolan's time inverting spy film that follows a protagonist fighting for the survival of the entire world.
He let him keep the screenplay probably because he trusts him. He trusts he will never leak it or tell anyone about it. It think it's just complete trust in each other.

I know that you're going to be in Tenet, and I'm extremely excited for that film as well. A lot of people are already calling it the savior of the movie industry for tons of different reasons. Obviously that's a lot of pressure, but do you think it's one of those films that will bring everybody back to theaters?

Kenneth Branagh: What I know is that, personally, I would love to be back watching movies in cinemas. And if I was coming back, I'd love to come back to something that really, really deserved to be in the cinema. Well, Tenet deserves to be in the cinema. People will know Chris Nolan's work, all the way through from The Following to Memento in Interstellar and Inception. This movie is in that tradition and that band of his films. It's a real, beautiful, entertaining blockbuster of a Rubik's Cube. It lives for cinema and in cinema; it feels like it's one of those ones that will just demand repeat business. You'll want to go back as many times as I went back to the script, and it's a great big swing at the fences by Chris Nolan.

He's called it his most ambitious film yet. I think that's true, and I think that's something that if you're returning to the cinema, you want to celebrate. You don't want to go back and see something that feels normal. Tenet is pretty extraordinary. Whether it saves the film industry or not, the theatrical part of it, it certainly is well worth the audience's attention.
Source: https://screenrant.com/artemis-fowl-ken ... interview/

Nothing earth shattering but he puts Tenet within the same league as Nolan’s other mind-binders and reinforces that Tenet is Nolan most ambitious film.

cooldude wrote:
June 16th, 2020, 11:49 pm
I know that you're going to be in Tenet, and I'm extremely excited for that film as well. A lot of people are already calling it the savior of the movie industry for tons of different reasons. Obviously that's a lot of pressure, but do you think it's one of those films that will bring everybody back to theaters?

Kenneth Branagh: What I know is that, personally, I would love to be back watching movies in cinemas. And if I was coming back, I'd love to come back to something that really, really deserved to be in the cinema. Well, Tenet deserves to be in the cinema. People will know Chris Nolan's work, all the way through from The Following to Memento in Interstellar and Inception. This movie is in that tradition and that band of his films. It's a real, beautiful, entertaining blockbuster of a Rubik's Cube. It lives for cinema and in cinema; it feels like it's one of those ones that will just demand repeat business. You'll want to go back as many times as I went back to the script, and it's a great big swing at the fences by Chris Nolan.

He's called it his most ambitious film yet. I think that's true, and I think that's something that if you're returning to the cinema, you want to celebrate. You don't want to go back and see something that feels normal. Tenet is pretty extraordinary. Whether it saves the film industry or not, the theatrical part of it, it certainly is well worth the audience's attention.

Nothing earth shattering but he puts Tenet within the same league as Nolan’s other mind-binders and reinforces that Tenet is Nolan most ambitious film.
He speaks as elegantly as Nolan, his words only add to my excitement.

The Special One wrote:
June 16th, 2020, 11:58 pm
cooldude wrote:

He speaks as elegantly as Nolan, his words only add to my excitement.
His directorial career isn't as great as Nolan though. :twisted:

I do adore his acting but the movies directed by him are streaky as hell. They range from solid movies to just downright trash. I do respect his willingness to direct a wide range of genre.

cooldude wrote:

thanks for sharing.

Really want to hear some words from Jennifer Lame, I'm dying to hear about her process and perspective. But I gather she's probably intensely busy with Nolan finishing the final cut.

intersteIIarx wrote:
June 17th, 2020, 12:05 am
thanks for sharing.

Really want to hear some words from Jennifer Lame, I'm dying to hear about her process and perspective. But I gather she's probably intensely busy with Nolan finishing the final cut.
Yeah, I am also excited to hear her thoughts, especially considering this is her first-time working with Nolan. It'll be interesting to hear her explain her experiences with working many strands of storytelling and possibly new challenges. If it's as ambitious as we’re meant to believe, I would imagine that the editing is going to be balls to the wall insane.

cooldude wrote:
June 17th, 2020, 1:04 am
intersteIIarx wrote:
thanks for sharing.

Yeah, I am also excited to hear her thoughts, especially considering this is her first-time working with Nolan. It'll be interesting to hear her explain her experiences with working many strands of storytelling and possibly new challenges. If it's as ambitious as we’re meant to believe, I would imagine that the editing is going to be balls to the wall insane.
That depends because ambitious isn’t always synonymous of really complex. I’m not saying Nolan can’t do it, but we know that with these types of things there’s also a bit of hype build up from people who worked on the project due to marketing purposes as well. Hopefully, Tenet will live up to everything they have been saying though, and Nolan of course has proven to be very creative and imaginative without a doubt to add more value to those statements.

So it’ll be very interesting to see what Lame has to say on the matter from an editing perspective. She hasn’t worked on a film of this scale before, right?

Paradoxicalparabola wrote:
June 17th, 2020, 2:08 am
That depends because ambitious isn’t always synonymous of really complex. I’m not saying Nolan can’t do it, but we know that with these types of things there’s also a bit of hype build up from people who worked on the project due to marketing purposes as well. Hopefully, Tenet will live up to everything they have been saying though, and Nolan of course has proven to be very creative and imaginative without a doubt to add more value to those statements.
Ambition can mean many different things to many different people; A film like Dunkirk is ambitious for different reasons than to something like Inception. Kenneth literally said Tenet is in the same band of films as Following, Memento, Inception and Interstellar. It's hard to ignore the story complexities of those films and by association Tenet, rightfully or wrongfully, will be imagined as complex. And definitely, when you have members of the cast and crew making such grandiose statements it does elevate already high expectation. I agree, some of it is to market the film.

Paradoxicalparabola wrote:
June 17th, 2020, 2:08 am
So it’ll be very interesting to see what Lame has to say on the matter from an editing perspective. She hasn’t worked on a film of this scale before, right?
Yeah, I don't think she has.

cooldude wrote:
intersteIIarx wrote:
thanks for sharing.

I'm super excited to see Lame's work on Tenet. The prologue was dope, the editing was tight. The editing situation with her reminds of Margaret Sixel on Fury Road, she is George Miller's wife as well because she had never edited an action movie before. If Tenet and Lame is part of the same tradition of non-action editors doing being auteur action movies as Sixel and Fury Road, we should be in for something special.

A Borges man wrote:
June 17th, 2020, 12:37 pm
cooldude wrote:
intersteIIarx wrote:
thanks for sharing.

I'm super excited to see Lame's work on Tenet. The prologue was dope, the editing was tight. The editing situation with her reminds of Margaret Sixel on Fury Road, she is George Miller's wife as well because she had never edited an action movie before. If Tenet and Lame is part of the same tradition of non-action editors doing being auteur action movies as Sixel and Fury Road, we should be in for something special.
Mmmm that’s a very good point about Fury Road; I didn’t remember that. And now that you mention it, I remember Nolan referencing Fury Road for doing something different for a movie like that as to being basically a chase the entire time.