[SPOILER] Discussion/Speculation Thread

Christopher Nolan's time inverting spy film that follows a protagonist fighting for the survival of the entire world.
enfitt wrote:
June 29th, 2020, 1:18 pm
Some of us had a theory about that swat guy that...
He was JDW fighting JDW.
Watching the new Tv spot made me change thinking...
https://ibb.co/fCPhzXX

Just look at that guy -- HE IS HUGE -- Twice as size of JDW, It's impossible for him to play double JDW.
You can also see the oxygen tank that his mask is hooked up to on his left side.

One thing about the Saab - Don’t @ me if it has been discussed since I haven’t read every page of this thread.

The editing in trailer #2 made it seem like the car was driving normally then flipped and suddenly flipped back and started driving in reverse.

If we go with the theory supported by that TV spot then we can see that
JDW and the Saab are inverted. He is chasing inverted Branagh. We’ll see the car crash from two perspectives. So Whatever happens to the car later might have happened in one perspective eariler.

It is confusing because we don’t know what’s non inverted JDW’s objective is and the the car chase is so complex. Also, does the chase start from the warehouse or ends at the warehouse? We’ve seen Branagh’s men take him to the warehouse and but other photos and clips indicate that the chase might start from the warehouse.
Is it the chicken or the egg?

enfitt wrote:
June 29th, 2020, 6:54 pm
Just thinking outside of the box but what if...
Debicki is an Art thief ?
https://ibb.co/4Zp0Cvy
No. An art collector maybe and maybe on an extreme scale of finding rare objects. Inverted objects perhaps? That definitely lends itself to the auction house and a homage to north by northwest. And the diving gear could connect with them diving to
find the gold which ends up falling out of the plane?

enfitt wrote:
June 29th, 2020, 6:50 pm
I see Debicki staying at the balcony and Washington walking
https://ibb.co/9p24x5W
This shot takes place at "Terrazza dell'Infinito", which translates to "Terrace of Infinity"... I wonder if that's of any significance

Nolan is making use of lots of symmetrical architecture and mise-en-scene in this movie. Willing to bet he has a shot like this, where Debicki is standing

I love it. It's so gorgeous, Hoyte Van Hoytema coming for his cinematography nom wbk :gonf:

hotsauce32 wrote:
June 29th, 2020, 11:56 pm
From the latest TV spot. Framing looks different because I cropped in to get rid of the watermark.
Wonder who is the actor

Lincoln wrote:
June 30th, 2020, 12:02 am
hotsauce32 wrote:
From the latest TV spot. Framing looks different because I cropped in to get rid of the watermark.
Wonder who is the actor
I was trying to look frame-by-frame when making that lol.

Very difficult to tell with any certainty because of the motion blur, but my guess (emphasis on guess) is Pattinson

hotsauce32 wrote:
June 30th, 2020, 12:14 am
Lincoln wrote:
June 30th, 2020, 12:02 am
hotsauce32 wrote:
Wonder who is the actor
I was trying to look frame-by-frame when making that lol.

Very difficult to tell with any certainty because of the motion blur, but my guess (emphasis on guess) is Pattinson
I was thinking about Branagh because whoever it is looks kinda old?, but this actor definitely doesn't look that old lol.
Then Aaron, because Nolan said he will look unrecognizable.. but it's not him