[SPOILER] Discussion/Speculation Thread

Christopher Nolan's time inverting spy film that follows a protagonist fighting for the survival of the entire world.
Pr0creation wrote:
September 17th, 2020, 12:31 pm
Future Tenet theory...
What if the people from the future trying to destroy the past is Tenet?

Sator mentions to the protagonist that the futures "rivers run dry" maybe they got so desperate they stopped believing in "whats happened's happened" and the try to redo what happened in the past by contacting Sator to plant the algorithm.
That was referring to climate change I'm pretty sure

life wrote:
September 16th, 2020, 10:52 pm
Is There a Scene Missing during the Car Chase?

I have seen this movie about 3 times, and I have a pretty firm understanding of the plot in its entirety. However I feel like there is a scene missing that explains where and exactly when
Sator got his hands on the Pu 241.
I've been trying to piece this together in my head.
First P hijacks the caravan and steals the macguffin. OK good.
Then P throws an empty case to trick Sator. Obviously.
We then learn that P
throws the Plutonium into the Saab after seeing his older self driving it.

So when did Sator recover the Pu.
He could not have recovered it from the fiery Saab because we saw it fly out of the Saabs window into the hands of the young P.
That must mean the Pu was in the Saab the entire time.
Was it in the Saab before the interrogation?
When older P entered the Saab, did he see the Pu there? If he saw it there, why didn't he just take it?

I feel like we are missing a shot that shows Sator's men recovering it from the Saab before the interrogation. Maybe it was said during the radio chatter, but it was hard to hear for me.
If anyone can offer an explanation that would be great! Def one of my favorite movies of all time.

You are correct in inferring that the plutonium is in the back of the Saab in the forward time-line. All Sator has to do is tell his non-inverted men to retrieve it in the present, after team Tenet have already inverted when the warehouse is unguarded. This is indeed off screen, but if you watch the Tallinn car chase in reverse, when you first hear Sator's voice over the radio (when Neil says "it's not Estonion, it's backwards") you can hear him saying "...it's in the Saab... pick it up from the Freeport" (there's a reversed clip from the pirated version floating around).

ninenin wrote:
September 17th, 2020, 12:39 pm
life wrote:
September 16th, 2020, 10:52 pm
Is There a Scene Missing during the Car Chase?

I have seen this movie about 3 times, and I have a pretty firm understanding of the plot in its entirety. However I feel like there is a scene missing that explains where and exactly when
Sator got his hands on the Pu 241.
I've been trying to piece this together in my head.
First P hijacks the caravan and steals the macguffin. OK good.
Then P throws an empty case to trick Sator. Obviously.
We then learn that P
throws the Plutonium into the Saab after seeing his older self driving it.

So when did Sator recover the Pu.
He could not have recovered it from the fiery Saab because we saw it fly out of the Saabs window into the hands of the young P.
That must mean the Pu was in the Saab the entire time.
Was it in the Saab before the interrogation?
When older P entered the Saab, did he see the Pu there? If he saw it there, why didn't he just take it?

I feel like we are missing a shot that shows Sator's men recovering it from the Saab before the interrogation. Maybe it was said during the radio chatter, but it was hard to hear for me.
If anyone can offer an explanation that would be great! Def one of my favorite movies of all time.

You are correct in inferring that the plutonium is in the back of the Saab in the forward time-line. All Sator has to do is tell his non-inverted men to retrieve it in the present, after team Tenet have already inverted when the warehouse is unguarded. This is indeed off screen, but if you watch the Tallinn car chase in reverse, when you first hear Sator's voice over the radio (when Neil says "it's not Estonion, it's backwards") you can hear him saying "...it's in the Saab... pick it up from the Freeport" (there's a reversed clip from the pirated version floating around).
Thanks mate. Ya on the third time watching, I started questioning myself... "did something happen off screen? Or was I so engrossed that I missed something again? :lol: "
I do remember the "It's not Estonian scene", if that is what is said played backwards, hats off. I should have never doubted Nolan ofc, what an easter egg for those who cared enough to look.

Demoph wrote:
September 17th, 2020, 4:14 pm
Honestly, I don't think Pattinson is in the movie enough to do this. Debicki is clearly the second major character, and then Branagh.

The only way this can be fought is if you believe Max is Neil, haha.

KEM
MuffinMcFluffin wrote:
September 17th, 2020, 6:36 pm
Demoph wrote:
Honestly, I don't think Pattinson is in the movie enough to do this. Debicki is clearly the second major character, and then Branagh.

I actually agree with the tweet, because on the second viewing the audience will (hopefully) have the knowledge and insight just like Pattinson does

KEM wrote:
September 18th, 2020, 3:35 pm
MuffinMcFluffin wrote:
September 17th, 2020, 6:36 pm
Demoph wrote:

I actually agree with the tweet, because on the second viewing the audience will (hopefully) have the knowledge and insight just like Pattinson does
I did, but I just didn't feel it because he simply wasn't around enough for it to matter. It does more by the end, but just not "enough."

Don't know if anyone already mentioned it, but as they are inverted are they getting younger as well?

I mean, if that happens on a cellular level (like the stab wound on the protagonist arm), it should happen with everything on his body, right?

filipeG wrote:
September 18th, 2020, 8:48 pm
Don't know if anyone already mentioned it, but as they are inverted are they getting younger as well?

I mean, if that happens on a cellular level (like the stab wound on the protagonist arm), it should happen with everything on his body, right?
There doesn't seem to be anything that indicates as much. I think they continue aging. It's not a Benjamin Button thing.

this may be dumb but the only thing I haven’t understand is what’s happens if Sator dies, the algorithm is activated right, but why are they trying to bury it then?agian may be obvious but is mostly the last main thing I haven’t understood