[SPOILER] Discussion/Speculation Thread

Christopher Nolan's time inverting spy film that follows a protagonist fighting for the survival of the entire world.
Bit confused about this:
During the car chase, JDW throws the algorithm piece into inverted JDW's car, then when he inverts himself, he doesn't realise the piece is in the back of his car. Can anyone explain how he doesn't remember that he threw it into his car? Maybe just disoriented from inversion?

Forum Pro
Law
Mr. Alley wrote:
September 2nd, 2020, 7:19 am
Has there been an explanation on why Neil looks and acts kind of exhausted when he first meets The Protagonist in Mumbai? (all sweaty and short if breath)
I thought about this too, JDW looks fine and well put together. But, I imagine it’s because he’s been drinking and notes JDW
doesn’t drink on the job
Another thing, was it explained why JDW
works out prior to either going inverted or starting a mission?
I imagine it’s to get his blood flowing.

Clowmount wrote:
September 2nd, 2020, 7:55 am
Bit confused about this:
During the car chase, JDW throws the algorithm piece into inverted JDW's car, then when he inverts himself, he doesn't realise the piece is in the back of his car. Can anyone explain how he doesn't remember that he threw it into his car? Maybe just disoriented from inversion?
He didn't throw it to himself. He was trying to give it to Sator. The inverted JDW tried to take it over.

I think I have finally figured out the concept of the movie.
Basically, the whole concept of the movie is a time loop ending with them saving the world that repeats itself for eternity, centralized by Neil’s timeline. It starts off by Neil living his life for however long before eventually meeting the protagonist and getting recruited into tenet. The protagonist then tells Neil that he must invert himself back to the opera scene in order to save the protagonist. When Neil inverts himself to the opera scene, it creates 2 Neils living at the same time, Neil 1 and Neil 2. Keep in mind that at the time of the opera scene, the Neil in current time, Neil 2, has yet to meet the protagonist and be recruited into tenet while the other Neil, Neil 1, has just inverted himself to the opera scene to save the protagonist. From this point on, the story of tenet occurs with the protagonist and Neil 1, while Neil 2 is never shown on screen. The protagonist and Neil 1 eventually end up saving the world, leading to Neil 1’s death at the military base. Before Neil 1’s death, he tells the protagonist that he has known him for years, and that in the future he will recruit him(Neil 2) into tenet. After Neil 1’s death, the protagonist eventually meets Neil 2 and recruits him into tenet again, where Neil 2 must invert himself again in order to save the protagonist at the opera house scene. The same events transpire, eventually leading to them saving the world and Neil’s death. This time loops keeps repeating itself with the same ending each time.
Let me know if you guys agree and or have any questions about what I said.

LelekPL wrote:
September 2nd, 2020, 8:24 am
Clowmount wrote:
Bit confused about this:
He didn't throw it to himself. He was trying to give it to Sator. The inverted JDW tried to take it over.
Nope I’ve seen the scene 3 times and watched carefully
JDW talks to Neil about giving Sator the case, the chase begins.(Bmw/reversed Audi)
Crashed Saab in the middle of the road un-crashes and becomes part of the chase.
JDW tosses the orange case from the Bmw to Sator’s Audi.
A glimpse of JDW keeping the piece of the Algorithm AND the empty orange case while the grey Saab arrives in the middle between the BMW and the Audi can be seen.
JDW is kidnapped and tells Sator the Algotithm piece is in the BMW (blue room / red room scene).
Neil team intervenes and explains temporal pincer movement.JDW tells Neil he lied to Sator about the artifact being in the BMW(standard operational procedure).
Inverted Sator exits the airlock and goes with the Audi to retrieve the piece.
JDW inverts himself and drives the Saab to the empty orange case thrown away in the middle of the road by Sator’s men and lying on the sidewalk,then drives frenetically back to the exchange with Sator (Bmw/Audi) in reverse.
Inverted Sator tells via radio to his team that JDW lied and the piece is not in the BMW.
We see the piece of the Algorithm rattle out from the Saab back to the BMW where non-inverted JDW was in the past.
The Saab with inverted JDW crashes.
Inverted Sator tells inverted JDW he’s seen the exchange and torches the Saab

So
JDW(inverted) doesn’t know the artifact is in the Saab, and backtracks it in reverse using both the tracking device and a countdown on his smartphone while driving.Why doesn’t he know? Maybe he threw the empty case with only the tracking device inside at Sator and simultaneously the artifact was dropped unbeknowst of non-inverted JDW from BMW in the Saab in the chase, then when he inverts himself he has to find out where it really is, after lying to Sator it is still in the BMW to buy time.

I know little details might work against this but the theory that
Neil is Kats son makes a lot of sense as well. One of the first things he says to the protagonist is would you protect a child? Also "when we are done with all of this you can learn my life story" is a nice setup for the last scene of the film. Neil is often very close and caring with kat as well especially when she is injured.
idk just the way i watched the film the more I had that in my head the more things aligned

Durden wrote:
September 2nd, 2020, 5:08 pm
I know little details might work against this but the theory that
Neil is Kats son makes a lot of sense as well. One of the first things he says to the protagonist is would you protect a child? Also "when we are done with all of this you can learn my life story" is a nice setup for the last scene of the film. Neil is often very close and caring with kat as well especially when she is injured.
idk just the way i watched the film the more I had that in my head the more things aligned
Supposedly the coin
that is attached to Neil's red string is a Vietnamese coin..... I've only heard that, but I would love a confirmation. Because if so...

mario80 wrote:
September 2nd, 2020, 1:31 pm
LelekPL wrote:
September 2nd, 2020, 8:24 am
Clowmount wrote:
Bit confused about this:
Nope I’ve seen the scene 3 times and watched carefully
JDW talks to Neil about giving Sator the case, the chase begins.(Bmw/reversed Audi)
Crashed Saab in the middle of the road un-crashes and becomes part of the chase.
JDW tosses the orange case from the Bmw to Sator’s Audi.
A glimpse of JDW keeping the piece of the Algorithm AND the empty orange case while the grey Saab arrives in the middle between the BMW and the Audi can be seen.
JDW is kidnapped and tells Sator the Algotithm piece is in the BMW (blue room / red room scene).
Neil team intervenes and explains temporal pincer movement.JDW tells Neil he lied to Sator about the artifact being in the BMW(standard operational procedure).
Inverted Sator exits the airlock and goes with the Audi to retrieve the piece.
JDW inverts himself and drives the Saab to the empty orange case thrown away in the middle of the road by Sator’s men and lying on the sidewalk,then drives frenetically back to the exchange with Sator (Bmw/Audi) in reverse.
Inverted Sator tells via radio to his team that JDW lied and the piece is not in the BMW.
We see the piece of the Algorithm rattle out from the Saab back to the BMW where non-inverted JDW was in the past.
The Saab with inverted JDW crashes.
Inverted Sator tells inverted JDW he’s seen the exchange and torches the Saab
Did non inverted JDW know that he was in the Saab? Because if not, why did he throw the piece of the algorithm into the Saab?