[SPOILER] Discussion/Speculation Thread

Christopher Nolan's time inverting spy film that follows a protagonist fighting for the survival of the entire world.

Tarssauce wrote:
August 12th, 2020, 2:20 pm
dsus4gtr wrote:
August 12th, 2020, 1:48 pm
Based on Branagh’s name, check out “The Tenet Conundrum” YouTube and the ancient 5 word palindrome puzzle narrated by Hayley Atwell. Plus we know this has an “opera” house! This film looks to be amazingly intriguing!!!
Watched it a couple days ago and I didn’t know Hayley Atwell narrated it :o

Yup. Two of the locations are opera houses which is quite interesting. Personally I think the references to the Sator square will be subtle but I could be wrong and it could play a big role and the rest of the words could be used for something.
Lmao I brought all of this up about 5 months ago...and everyone ignored it

rotas wrote:
August 13th, 2020, 8:20 pm
Speaking of things you brought up months ago:
rotas wrote:
December 30th, 2019, 8:55 pm
I've watched it closely about 10 times now so here's what I'm taking away from it...
JDW is being held hostage in the fake counter-terrorist van by Yuri Kolokolnikov's character. He is woken up to begin the operation...
Are you sure that's Yuri Kolokolnikov in the Prologue?
I thought it was Mark Krenik & possibly Andrew Howard saying a few words in Russian.
It looks like Kolokolnikov will be a minor character of some significance.

You know who looks like Yuri Kolokolnikov? Inverted dude sitting in the Audi at the port.
See:
@58 secs

&
@25 secs

Friendless_at_Dusk wrote:
August 15th, 2020, 1:15 am
rotas wrote:
August 13th, 2020, 8:20 pm
Speaking of things you brought up months ago:
rotas wrote:
December 30th, 2019, 8:55 pm
I've watched it closely about 10 times now so here's what I'm taking away from it...
JDW is being held hostage in the fake counter-terrorist van by Yuri Kolokolnikov's character. He is woken up to begin the operation...
Are you sure that's Yuri Kolokolnikov in the Prologue?
I thought it was Mark Krenik & possibly Andrew Howard saying a few words in Russian.
It looks like Kolokolnikov will be a minor character of some significance.

You know who looks like Yuri Kolokolnikov? Inverted dude sitting in the Audi at the port.
See:
@58 secs

&
@25 secs
Thanks for calling out an early speculation that I myself, and others debunked back in February. I appreciate you taking time out of your day to sift thru all of my posts! I'm quite honored. Yes, I have known for months that it's Andrew Howard. I don't see how that guy in the Audi at the port looks like Yuri...

KEM wrote:
August 12th, 2020, 12:37 pm
quervo wrote:
August 12th, 2020, 11:28 am
About one of the posters...
If it's an actual screenshot from the movie... isn't it a huge spoiler?
Confirms that JDW saves himself?
OH well, wraps up the movie perfectly for me. Now I don't have to see it.

KEM wrote:
quervo wrote:
Not necessarily.
The guy with the reverse shoot has brown backpack, JDW has black in this picture. Well, I know this doesn't proof anything, but it just confirms that either he goes back or he was already there as future version of himself.

quervo wrote:
August 16th, 2020, 5:57 pm
KEM wrote:
quervo wrote:
Not necessarily.
The guy with the reverse shoot has brown backpack, JDW has black in this picture. Well, I know this doesn't proof anything, but it just confirms that either he goes back or he was already there as future version of himself.
You know what?
Could be Pattinson with a diffirent colour backpack.
TENET ending: Pattinson is the one who saves JDW in the opera and reveals he knew about everything the whole time, he is a master inversion agent from the future and the whole time when he appeared non-inverted he was actually inverted the whole time and travelling backwards in time towards the opera while doing everything even talking backwards to appear non inverted. Since tenet is about fixing mistakes of the past it would make sense. Also would support the whole palindrome thing.

rotas wrote:
August 16th, 2020, 3:07 pm
Yes, I have known for months that it's Andrew Howard.
Your sarcasm aside, I assumed as much.
rotas wrote:
August 16th, 2020, 3:07 pm
I don't see how that guy in the Audi at the port looks like Yuri...
Curious then, who do you think sitting-in-Audi-guy looks like?

Ace
BBFC has some spoilers in its rating info.
language

There is infrequent strong language ('f**k'), as well as milder terms including 'bitch', 'bullshit', 'bloody' and 'piss'.

violence

Scenes include gunfights, fistfights, stabbings, use of improvised weapons, and explosions. In an interrogation scene it is implied a man's teeth are pulled out, but bloody detail is minimal. Another man is beaten to death, but the scene does not feature strong detail. A man verbally threatens another man with castration. A husband is abusive towards his wife, threatening her and later shooting her. In one scene she aims a gun at him, but he disarms and punches her. His behaviour is implicitly criticised throughout.

threat and horror

There are frequent tense sequences in which people are in dangerous situations, come under fire, or attempt to evade bombs. In one scene terrorists take over an auditorium and there is brief distress among the audience. There is also a scene in which an abusive husband holds his wife at gunpoint, and threatens to beat her with his belt.
https://www.bbfc.co.uk/releases/tenet-2020film

Ace wrote:
August 17th, 2020, 7:48 am
BBFC has some spoilers in its rating info.
language

There is infrequent strong language ('f**k'), as well as milder terms including 'bitch', 'bullshit', 'bloody' and 'piss'.

violence

Scenes include gunfights, fistfights, stabbings, use of improvised weapons, and explosions. In an interrogation scene it is implied a man's teeth are pulled out, but bloody detail is minimal. Another man is beaten to death, but the scene does not feature strong detail. A man verbally threatens another man with castration. A husband is abusive towards his wife, threatening her and later shooting her. In one scene she aims a gun at him, but he disarms and punches her. His behaviour is implicitly criticised throughout.

threat and horror

There are frequent tense sequences in which people are in dangerous situations, come under fire, or attempt to evade bombs. In one scene terrorists take over an auditorium and there is brief distress among the audience. There is also a scene in which an abusive husband holds his wife at gunpoint, and threatens to beat her with his belt.
https://www.bbfc.co.uk/releases/tenet-2020film
Ah crap lol, I'd actually advise not reading these.

I've been pretty spoiler tolerant, but I feel like this is too detail-heavy, and you can easily infer which characters certain statements are referring to.