[SPOILER] Discussion/Speculation Thread

Christopher Nolan's time inverting spy film that follows a protagonist fighting for the survival of the entire world.
dragon_phoenix wrote:
July 7th, 2020, 6:00 pm
I will be disappointed if there's a clone though. It's been used in The Prestige, Predestination etc...
If It is It won't be a clone though, It will be just the future-self or the past-self. Just like in the Dark Tv Series.

enfitt wrote:
July 7th, 2020, 6:38 pm
dragon_phoenix wrote:
I will be disappointed if there's a clone though. It's been used in The Prestige, Predestination etc...
If It is It won't be a clone though, It will be just the future-self or the past-self. Just like in the Dark Tv Series.
It's still too similar to Predestination.

hotsauce32 wrote:
July 7th, 2020, 5:31 pm
enfitt wrote:
July 7th, 2020, 1:23 pm
Yup you might be right, it happens a million times for different stunt doubles to shoot as a single charachter. And also i have to agree about the floor. But the shot of Debicki inspecting art is shot in Amalfi, Italy not here.
Just as stunt doubles don't have to be an exact 1:1 replica of the character they're portraying, a filming location in real life isn't indicative of its location within the movie. The "Ukrainian Opera House" in the prologue was filmed in Estonia.

Even if the shot of Debicki inspecting the artwork was shot in Italy, within the story, it might take place in some other country.

It doesn't rule out the possibility that it's the same museum that
JDW has his hallway fight in.
Bro I am a filmmaker, I understand clearely how scenes are done.
I am just saying to you that the scene where Debicki is observing art stuff It is indeed going to happen in the scenes that took place in Amalfi and you can tell clearely by the way that those scenes are shot that they are not related at all. The production design is different, the lighting different, the color correction different...

All the scenes that took place in Amalfi will 100% be at one sector of the film all put together. Mark my words and you will see them when you'll see the movie.

*Or maybe might be shot on a different place, I am not 100% sure, but the idea is that that Debicki scene has nothing to do with the Hall fight location.
Last edited by enfitt on July 7th, 2020, 6:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

dragon_phoenix wrote:
July 7th, 2020, 6:48 pm
enfitt wrote:
dragon_phoenix wrote:
I am pretty sure that at some point there is going to be two JDW outthere because we know for fact that the driver of the Saab it's him. But I am not sure that the Swat guy might be him also, and personally don't think soo.

I trust Nolan, and I am sure that all these ideas that we might have about the story might be 100% different in the film, and if he says that Tenet is his mos ambitious film...do we really need to doubt anything?

enfitt wrote:
July 7th, 2020, 6:55 pm
dragon_phoenix wrote:
enfitt wrote:

I am pretty sure that at some point there is going to be two JDW outthere because we know for fact that the driver of the Saab it's him. But I am not sure that the Swat guy might be him also, and personally don't think soo.

I trust Nolan, and I am sure that all these ideas that we might have about the story might be 100% different in the film, and if he says that Tenet is his mos ambitious film...do we really need to doubt anything?
You are probably right.

But I hope is there are 2 car chase scenes - before and after JDW is inverted. I mean if the 2nd half of the movie is JDW fighting himself...that is like kidda lame. Or even if they are helping each other, it's still kidda similar to The Prestige.

dragon_phoenix wrote:
Having two of the same character is the only way the films would be similar, if this even ends up happening in the movie. Predestination was unlike any other film when it came to the clones. The movie was not about them being shocked that they were clones or having to fight themselves or whatever. It was a time loop essentially and the main character had to continue it or he/she would not be able to save people. If there does end up being two of JDW, both are going to know that they are clones (which sets it apart from Predestination), and one probably won't become the other one (also different from Predestination).

I also don't feel like this would be similar to The Prestige at all, considering Bale was a twin. Twins are not clones, that is a totally different thing. And Jackman's clones were always killed.

marshallmurphy wrote:
July 7th, 2020, 7:55 pm
dragon_phoenix wrote:
Having two of the same character is the only way the films would be similar, if this even ends up happening in the movie. Predestination was unlike any other film when it came to the clones. The movie was not about them being shocked that they were clones or having to fight themselves or whatever. It was a time loop essentially and the main character had to continue it or he/she would not be able to save people. If there does end up being two of JDW, both are going to know that they are clones (which sets it apart from Predestination), and one probably won't become the other one (also different from Predestination).

I also don't feel like this would be similar to The Prestige at all, considering Bale was a twin. Twins are not clones, that is a totally different thing. And Jackman's clones were always killed.
Sure, they aren't clones. But still, this is still a common 'time travel' trope we have seen in too many shows. I know inversion is not the same as time travel. But having two person living in the same universe at once is still something I don't like that much.

dragon_phoenix wrote:
July 7th, 2020, 8:11 pm
Sure, they aren't clones. But still, this is still a common 'time travel' trope we have seen in too many shows. I know inversion is not the same as time travel. But having two person living in the same universe at once is still something I don't like that much.
I don't like the idea of it either and I feel like it's kind of unnecessary, but I'm sure that whatever ends up happening is going to be perfect and complex and unique. Clones or no clones.

How do I add an image to my post? Yes, I see the image option, but it won't let me drag and drop or choose a file.

marshallmurphy wrote:
July 7th, 2020, 8:36 pm
dragon_phoenix wrote:
July 7th, 2020, 8:11 pm
I don't like the idea of it either and I feel like it's kind of unnecessary, but I'm sure that whatever ends up happening is going to be perfect and complex and unique. Clones or no clones.
Yea I have a feeling that Tenet is going to be really, really good.