[SPOILER] Discussion/Speculation Thread

Christopher Nolan's time inverting spy film that follows a protagonist fighting for the survival of the entire world.
Lincoln wrote:
July 6th, 2020, 5:57 pm
Anyone can make an account and come here to say that he's an extra with no proof. I never believed it and I don't know why some are so confident.

It's basically a fact that JDW is the one who introduces RP and it looks like they are besties.
RP saving JDW in the prologue won't happen, it makes no sense imo
Yea and there are so many people who are wearinig the police/SWAT gear. It's presumptuous to assume it's Pattinson who saved him.

We ca see his face though...
Is this the theory JDW vs JDW confirmed, or is it just a coincidence that also the stunt looks like him?

https://ibb.co/kJM8DjB

Personally I think that the Swat guy is too big to be a JDW double...
Your opinions now!

KEM
I really hope that theory proves true, that’d be awesome

KEM wrote:
July 6th, 2020, 8:01 pm
I really hope that theory proves true, that’d be awesome
agree, that would be super trippy

enfitt wrote:
July 6th, 2020, 7:35 pm
Is this the theory JDW vs JDW confirmed, or is it just a coincidence that also the stunt looks like him?

Your opinions now!
How can you tell that the stunt guy looks like him? The picture is not very clear. I personally don't feel like this theory is going to end up being true. What would be the point? Is there some kind of significance to JDW
fighting himself? I feel like there is usually some significance to characters having to fight themselves. Like in Logan one version of him was evil and the other was not. I haven't seen Gemini Man, but there is also a purpose to that. What would be the purpose of JDW having to fight JDW? And why is one bad and one good?

marshallmurphy wrote:
July 6th, 2020, 8:20 pm
enfitt wrote:

Your opinions now!
How can you tell that the stunt guy looks like him? The picture is not very clear. I personally don't feel like this theory is going to end up being true. What would be the point? Is there some kind of significance to JDW
fighting himself? I feel like there is usually some significance to characters having to fight themselves. Like in Logan one version of him was evil and the other was not. I haven't seen Gemini Man, but there is also a purpose to that. What would be the purpose of JDW having to fight JDW? And why is one bad and one good?
Maybe the point is to illustrate that "good" and "evil" are relative. That is, maybe it's not that one version is "good" and one is "bad"... maybe they are both "good" in that they have good intentions, to prevent WW3, but maybe the future (inverted) version realized he made a mistake earlier on and so goes back to prevent himself from making those mistakes?

ninenin wrote:
July 6th, 2020, 9:40 pm
Maybe the point is to illustrate that "good" and "evil" are relative. That is, maybe it's not that one version is "good" and one is "bad"... maybe they are both "good" in that they have good intentions, to prevent WW3, but maybe the future (inverted) version realized he made a mistake earlier on and so goes back to prevent himself from making those mistakes?
Good point. I'm still trying to wrap my head around how this would work in the movie though.
When a person goes through the door, a clone of themselves emerges through the other side? Why would they not just come through the other side. Isn't it unnecessarily complex to have clones? Inverted clones. That's a lot to take in.

[/quote]
i just had this thought, they fight Branahg`s character in the first half, then realize he was trying to prevent some sort of cataclysm from happening, they invert themselves back and join in on branagh`s side ? i dont know its just an idea, it probably doesnt hold any water hehe

enfitt wrote:

Your opinions now!
The SWAT guy is a larger Caucasian guy, clearly not JDW.

dragon_phoenix wrote:
July 6th, 2020, 10:28 pm
enfitt wrote:

Your opinions now!
The SWAT guy is a larger Caucasian guy, clearly not JDW.
Well, maybe... maybe that JDW is a different version of JDW. Think of X-24 in Logan.