[SPOILER] Discussion/Speculation Thread

Christopher Nolan's time inverting spy film that follows a protagonist fighting for the survival of the entire world.
chanceygardener wrote:
June 8th, 2020, 3:22 pm
dragon_phoenix wrote:
June 8th, 2020, 2:07 pm
A guy who posted a review of the test screening of Tenet on Letterbox deleted his post and account. He didn't gave away much except that the ending sucked and the coffee scene between JDW and Pattinson happened early in the movie (verified by scene number of stills). I always doubted the veracity of the review, but now that it's deleted, I have some reasons to think that it's true.
There's only been six scene numbers posted right? If so the coffee scene isn't one of them. However, it definitely takes place earlier on -
just before they investigate the demon door/reverse fight or just after - their clothes are the same.
Sorry I meant the photo where JDW and Pattinson is in the hotel lobby. The coffee scene is inside a hotel room. Can't imagine these two scenes being far from eah other.

mario80 wrote:
June 8th, 2020, 2:23 pm
I read the review and I remember exactly he said he didn’t like the ending but I don’t remember at all him referring to the coffee scene.And at that time they didn’t even release the last trailer so no, he didn’t mention it.It was clearly a fake review the movie wasn’t even totally edited by then, as Nolan said in his Total Film interview he was finishing it and it would be ready for July.
We know that there have been test screenings due to the fact the DeadlineHollywood article prior to the trailer #2 (same article said trailer #2 would be in a weeks time) drop quoted a source saying Tenet was "as amazing as Inception"

Nolan and company only do friends-and-family screenings.

dragon_phoenix wrote:
June 8th, 2020, 3:11 pm
Paradoxicalparabola wrote:
June 8th, 2020, 2:59 pm
dragon_phoenix wrote:
June 8th, 2020, 2:07 pm
A guy who posted a review of the test screening of Tenet on Letterbox deleted his post and account. He didn't gave away much except that the ending sucked and the coffee scene between JDW and Pattinson happened early in the movie (verified by scene number of stills). I always doubted the veracity of the review, but now that it's deleted, I have some reasons to think that it's true.
That depends. Assuming the review is true, even if the ending "sucked" for him or her, that doesn’t mean it’s going to be actually bad. That’s a problem with some reviewers because they want something be like they expect it to or what they think would be satisfactory for them instead of determining if the movie’s ending works and if it makes sense for what the whole film has been.

I haven’t been disappointed by Nolan’s endings so far. So I’ll see what Tenet brings to the table when time is ripe.
Yea he didn't give away any plot points anyway. I guess my point is that don't expect a typical spy movie ending. He did say that the the movie was a good as Inception and Dark Knight - something I want to be true.
I agree. Nolan did say that they are crossing a few genres so it most likely won’t be a typical spy film and as we know, Nolan tends to twist things around by mixing those things. Which is congruent with what he said last year "“to use the big canvas that [exhibitors] can supply us, and tell stories in an exciting way, and bring fresh ideas, fresh takes on existing genres and new genres – inventing new genres.”. And now we see even JDW saying “It’s its own genre: it’s the Nolan genre.”. Let’s hope for the best.

Insomniac wrote:
June 8th, 2020, 3:47 pm
Indeed.

Robin wrote:
June 8th, 2020, 4:08 pm
Insomniac wrote:
Indeed.
I’m sorry, this is something I’m not familiar with. How do you know that?

Ace
You’ll have to see the movie to find out what those ideas are. Part of the way the Nolans manage to keep the plot details of their films secret is that they do test screenings only with friends and family members — people they trust won’t run off and write reviews on the Internet based on an unfinished cut.
https://www.miamiherald.com/entertainme ... 97466.html

Ace wrote:
June 8th, 2020, 4:35 pm
You’ll have to see the movie to find out what those ideas are. Part of the way the Nolans manage to keep the plot details of their films secret is that they do test screenings only with friends and family members — people they trust won’t run off and write reviews on the Internet based on an unfinished cut.
:thumbup:

Ace wrote:
June 8th, 2020, 4:35 pm
That’s great. Thank you!

Insomniac wrote:
Aren't we all children of Adam and Eve?