The Official Rank the Performances of the Cast Thread!

Christopher Nolan's time inverting spy film that follows a protagonist fighting for the survival of the entire world.
dragon_phoenix wrote:
May 24th, 2020, 3:41 pm
I am a straight guy but I do think that Branagh looks very handsome in both trailers. The Hoytema did a great job in shooting him at the right angles.
I think everyone looks great in this movie! John David Washington’s beard, and then everyone’s wardrobe is beautiful. The costume designer on this really outdid his/herself. I’m too lazy to look up who did the costumes.

Those striped dress shirts Washington and Pattinson wear are amazing, and I love Debicki’s floral shirt when she’s on the ship (I assume she’s on a ship, could be wrong). Loved her top in the first trailer too, when she and Branagh are on the ship.

dragon_phoenix wrote:
quervo wrote:
May 24th, 2020, 3:05 pm
dragon_phoenix wrote:
May 24th, 2020, 1:34 pm
Branagh's Russian accent sounds pretty good to me and he does look like a villian, although many people would disagree.
I agree. I totally loved him in this trailer.
I am a straight guy but I do think that Branagh looks very handsome in both trailers. The Hoytema did a great job in shooting him at the right angles.
All I have for you is a name: Kenneth.

marshallmurphy wrote:
May 24th, 2020, 3:55 pm
dragon_phoenix wrote:
I think everyone looks great in this movie! John David Washington’s beard, and then everyone’s wardrobe is beautiful. The costume designer on this really outdid his/herself. I’m too lazy to look up who did the costumes.

Those striped dress shirts Washington and Pattinson wear are amazing, and I love Debicki’s floral shirt when she’s on the ship (I assume she’s on a ship, could be wrong). Loved her top in the first trailer too, when she and Branagh are on the ship.
Costume designer is Jeffrey Kurland (Inception, Dunkirk, Collateral, Fallout, some Soderbergh and some Woody Allen)

Pattinson is gonna steal the show 100%.

I think everyone looks great. But! I've seen Robert Pattinson be amazing before(Good time, high life, the lighthouse, and the lost city of z). And Kenneth Branagh has done some great stuff. So I'm not too surprised by them. As a Hungarian, I do find it annoying when eastern European characters are played by Americans or English actors....lookin' at you Aaron Taylor Johnson and Elizabeth Olsen in Avengers 2. You have to be a really precise performer to pull it off, otherwise you sound like the villains in Rocky and Bullwinkle: "Mooz and Square-ral." I'm not gonna lie...a bit worried about that accent.

Its the actors I'm less familiar with that I'm excited for, John David Washington looks to have great charisma, I think this'll make his career explode, and Dimple Kapadia looks, sounds great in the trailer, and I'm excited to see someone how isn't too familiar. I like the cast because it has some Nolan regulars, but lots of fresh blood.

I have to be honest, I am not a Aaron Taylor Johnson fan, I have reacted extremely negatively to him as a performer in the past. But, I trust that Nolan knows what he is doing. And he is literally in like 3 frames of that trailer, so no judgement.

The only performance I have actively disliked in a Nolan movie are Matthew Modine and Marine Cotillard (despite thinking she is the best performance in Inception) in the Dark Knight Rises (I like that movie, but those two are negatives in my book.) So that means Nolan's batting average is extremely high. Very excited!

As Nolan stated JDW will be carrying the film and Im looking forward to him the most. Especially the physical scenes. The SWAT fighting shots are phenomenal and I love how JDW looks in them.

Also think that Pattinson will do a great job, as well as Debicki.

Oku
My vote's on Ms. (Kadrolsha Ona) Carole as Pedestrian

Sir Kenneth Branagh, he changed his accent, and he sounds Russian.

bumping the thread so we know where to talk about the real important stuff

Given that they finally started acting, I think this is the place to be