The Official Rank the Performances of the Cast Thread!

Christopher Nolan's time inverting spy film that follows a protagonist fighting for the survival of the entire world.
As the movie hasn’t yet come out, it’s not THAT time... yet, but since we’ve got a teaser, a prologue, tv spots and two trailers, I figured, plenty of material to begin judging the performances of the cast of the film.

List every performance to your liking starting from the 2nd place!

I’m reserving Dimple Kapadia and John David Washington the 1st place in terms of acting performances, and everyone who disagrees will get a one week ban for racism. Equity, not equality!

Yeah I agree. Dimple and Washington blew me away. Let's not forget Himesh Patel though!

Ruth wrote:
May 24th, 2020, 1:24 pm
I’m reserving Dimple Kapadia and John David Washington the 1st place in terms of acting performances, and everyone who disagrees will get a one week ban for racism. Equity, not equality!
Is this a parody post? JDW acting looks solid in the trailer and prologue (although his dialogue was hard to hear in the prologue, hope the editor fixes it), and he has a very likeable vibe which is good because he is the lead actor.

Kapadia only had a few lines and we barely saw her...she seems to be playing only a small role in the movie. You are mad for placing her in first place, I hope you are kidding. That's like saying Michael Caine is the best actor in the movie even though he has only 1 scene.

Pattinson footages in trailer #2 looks really good. His accent and body language seems like a completely different person from himself. Hopefully his performance is good throughout the movie.

Branagh's Russian accent sounds pretty good to me and he does look like a villian, although many people would disagree.

dragon_phoenix wrote:
May 24th, 2020, 1:34 pm
Ruth wrote:
May 24th, 2020, 1:24 pm
Is this a parody post? JDW acting looks solid in the trailer and prologue (although his dialogue was hard to hear in the prologue, hope the editor fixes it), and he has a very likeable vibe which is good because he is the lead actor.

Kapadia only had a few lines and we barely saw her...she seems to be playing only a small role in the movie. You are mad for placing her in first place, I hope you are kidding. That's like saying Michael Caine is the best actor in the movie even though he has only 1 scene.

Pattinson footages in trailer #2 looks really good. His accent and body language seems like a completely different person from himself. Hopefully his performance is good throughout the movie.

Branagh's Russian accent sounds pretty good to me and he does look like a villian, although many people would disagree.
The only types of posts Ruth makes are serious posts so pls apologize.

Need to see more of Aaron Taylor-Johnson, Dimple Kapadia and Robert - he has not been shown nearly as much as we'd anticipated. JDW is a pleasure to watch always so not sure I can judge him. Based on the footage I've seen yet I would say the best acting award goes to -

Clémence Poésy
(See you all after a week :gonf:)

Jesus, this whole accent controversy...
There is as many accents as people so even mentioning it or god forbid criticizing(?!) is plainly dumb.
I'm not talking about you dragon_phoenix.

dragon_phoenix wrote:
I agree. I totally loved him in this trailer.

I think all of them are good so far, but JDW and MK stand out.
MK for the delivery of the line while eating lol
JDW for the intensity in his eyes(the way he's looking in the restaurant and dark ally scenes is just great), and i love his dialogue so far.

I think it’s too early to judge individual performances. Right now I’m just loving the way Washington and Pattinson play off each other - I think their relationship is going to be super fascinating to watch. Honestly, I think the three leads are all going to do an excellent job, and in the end it’s going to come down to who is given the most to do.

I really loved John David in BlacKkKlansman and I’m liking what he’s doing here. Pattinson has also been doing great work, and Debicki is also always excellent. Nolan got himself a really great cast, and I can’t wait to see what they all do together.

quervo wrote:
May 24th, 2020, 3:05 pm
dragon_phoenix wrote:
I agree. I totally loved him in this trailer.
I am a straight guy but I do think that Branagh looks very handsome in both trailers. The Hoytema did a great job in shooting him at the right angles.