The Official Rank the Performances of the Cast Thread!

Christopher Nolan's time inverting spy film that follows a protagonist fighting for the survival of the entire world.
Oku wrote:
August 28th, 2020, 7:17 am
Which of her scenes? All?
The one in Oslo where she is in white and they just walk along that straight path, that one felt reeeally basic for me. Simple close ups, "obvious" editing choices... didn't like it. The rest of the film is so clever, but the aforementioned scene is just too simple for my taste.

Thought the cast were all great, no weak link but ranking them I’d go with;

JDW
Debicki
RP
Branagh
Dimple
Patel
Caine
ATJ

Oku
DHOPW42 wrote:
August 28th, 2020, 8:01 am
Oku wrote:
August 28th, 2020, 7:17 am
Which of her scenes? All?
The one in Oslo where she is in white and they just walk along that straight path, that one felt reeeally basic for me. Simple close ups, "obvious" editing choices... didn't like it. The rest of the film is so clever, but the aforementioned scene is just too simple for my taste.
bro bro bro WHAT XD
If you had been talking about ANY of her other scenes, then yes, I would have agreed, because they're exposition dumps.

But THAT scene?!

It's oozing with chemistry, charm, and genuine back-and-forth character moments where the actors smile and goofily play off of one another.

Not to mention it ends with a badass goosebumps-inducing transition.

I think they all did a great job. I had my reservations about Branagh’s accent before seeing the film -
I mean they do say he’s Anglo-Russian and he moved to London, so they could’ve just went with an British accent.
I actually quite liked Branagh as Sator and didn’t mind the accent or the reactions. He’s usually very chillingly calm then when he explodes - becomes extremely menacing.

Oku wrote:
August 28th, 2020, 8:19 am
bro bro bro WHAT XD
If you had been talking about ANY of her other scenes, then yes, I would have agreed, because they're exposition dumps.

But THAT scene?!

It's oozing with chemistry, charm, and genuine back-and-forth character moments where the actors smile and goofily play off of one another.

Not to mention it ends with a badass goosebumps-inducing transition.
Might give the scene another chance :D

Love that scene...

Her seeing something like “lying is a standard procedure” to him and him saying “you to look at the world in a new way”
I really loved Dimple Kapadia in this even though her character can be a bit enigmatic if you’re not paying attention.

Pattinson 10/10: He's become a very adaptable actor. He can make you feel whatever the scene demands you to feel.
Wish there was even more emotional backstory between him and Protag.
Debicki 10/10: She pleasantly surprised me. I love that they made her feel like more of a realistic woman and didn't have her posing glamorously and all loaded with makeup. She did a perfect job of portraying the
wife who is battered but still grew up in luxury her entire life.
Patel 9/10: He added some comedic value to this film in the small space that he was given. He really made the most of it and I found myself wanting even more of his crazy ridiculousness like on the
plane heist
Poésy 9/10: I really wanted more of her backstory, not necessarily
handing us the info that she's the scientist who discovers Tenet in the future
on a silver platter, but still I wanted more. I did enjoy, much like Debicki, that they didn't load the makeup on her and she wasn't portrayed as the little Harry Potter school girl.
Washington 8/10: I thought he was fine, thought his fight scenes were great and wanted more scenes where he was physically punishing. But maybe it's because I was hoping for more Denzel charisma, or because
there isn't as much character development as an Inception or Dark Knight
that I found myself wanting him to be more memorable emotionally.
Branagh 7/10: I had previously watched his attempt at an evil Russian in Jack Ryan: Shadow recruit. Honestly he was very similar. He was the
little, controlling, husband who can snap on a dime and become abusive, but I think the fact that they gave him a generic plot to destroy the world real hampered the depth of his character.
Maybe it's because I know he's know he's not Russian in real life, or that he's Magical Me in Harry Potter....but I never really cared about his goal or that he may accomplish it.
Aaron Taylor-Johnson 6/10: Meh, I feel like you could have filled this role with any generic looking military guy and it would have accomplished the same thing.
Kapadia 5/10: I just found I couldn't understand what she was saying most of the time, and she had some very important back story in my opinion that you either couldn't hear her deliver, or they didn't explore enough. There's a scene with her and
Protag when they're walking down the street in London I believe, she's explaining some back story around Tenet. It's the 1 scene in the movie that felt absolutely amateur and like the actors were uncomfortable.
I felt that her and Protag
affected each other in a negative way every time they were on camera together.

Himesh Patel character deserves his own spin-off.

He's brilliant.

1. The Olso airport Art Dealer guy...the look on his face before he bolts out of the Art Vault 10/10
2. John David Washington. I think there is genuine swagger in this performance and I think he gets got lines. He also gives the straight up best action performance in any Nolan movie. 10/10
3. Robert Pattinson. Neil is a cool dude, this is the most movie star performance PAttinson has given, very smooth. 10/10
4. Elisabeth Dibiki.
She so tall she can unlock the car door of an SUV with her foot, from the back.
Her moments of emotion worked for me, dug her final confrontation with Brannagh. 10/10
5. Branagh. I really like this preformance, I found it perfectly tuned. He is a scary dude, definitly one of Nolan's great villians. 9/10

Everyone else gets a 7/10 for functionality, Himesh Patel gets an 8/10 because
of his silly vegetarian plane food dialogue before he chloroforms that guy.

The fact I was totally wrong with my guess rank list too lmao.

I couldn't get anything right with this movie..... Except for Branagh character, who looked bad since the first seconds I saw him in the trailer. The only one thing I predicted well lol

My twitter feed is full of RP praise and mentions mostly, I don't know if you guys have twitter or other social media accounts, but that is what I'm seeing. Most comments are in spanish ofc, I have to add that.
But I highly doubt that him or any other actor in any case is going to have award nominations.