Which IMAX Theaters Are You Going To See TENET? [Lists in the 1st POST]

Christopher Nolan's time inverting spy film that follows a protagonist fighting for the survival of the entire world.
Gonna go to the one ur mom is going to.

Tell her to text me the deets.

Bacon wrote:
May 24th, 2020, 8:01 pm
So apparently the Mall of George IMAX that was a 70mm camera has been turned into laser instead. Will they still set up the 70mm cameras for this? (Assuming it releases with no issues)

Not sure on the difference between laser and 70mm in aspect ratio/projection quality compared to LieMax.
Mall of Georgia installed single laser. Dual laser would be able to project the full 1.43:1 IMAX picture, but single is limited to 1.90:1, same as LIEMAX. Because the people at Regal are a bunch of cheap bastards who put profits over presentation quality and chose single over dual to cut costs. AMC has had no problem installing dual laser at their IMAX Grand Theaters. They might still have the 70mm projector, it might have survived the renovation, they might give enough of a crap to show Tenet on 70mm, but maybe don’t get your hopes up. I remember MoG disappeared off the 70mm location list for Dunkirk at one point in the middle of the theatrical run. If you can’t drive to another 70mm or dual laser location, MoG would still be worth a go. Single laser still kicks the crap out of the old Xneon system anyway.

IMAX Melbourne in Australia which is currently the world's largest screen. Cinemas here plan to reopen on June 23rd. So hopefully I'll be able to see Tenet on July 16.

This might have been answered already but is there any news on AMC Universal Citywalk being open anytime soon?

If the one at Chinook Centre in Calgary is open, that is the one I always go it. The theatre itself is okay, it is in a mall. We have a couple of really good rep theatres in Calgary; but the IMAX is only at chinook. It'll be a good time.

AMC Lincoln Square in NYC. Will definitely try and make it depending on reopening protocols. I think I’ll try a weekday early morning screening. With gloves and a mask and reduced capacity i would honestly feel ok at this point. I never eat snacks during Nolan movies anyways.

Artemis wrote:
May 24th, 2020, 8:26 pm

very classy

VIP_agent wrote:
May 25th, 2020, 5:06 am
This might have been answered already but is there any news on AMC Universal Citywalk being open anytime soon?
I've been trying to figure out

VIP_agent wrote:
May 25th, 2020, 5:06 am
Nolan's been known to host press screenings there, so I feel like that's the one he's really going to be fighting for to get open

SINCEPTION wrote:
May 25th, 2020, 1:24 pm
Artemis wrote:
May 24th, 2020, 8:26 pm

very classy
Artemis is the classiest person I’ve ever known!! She loves all of the moms.