Which IMAX Theaters Are You Going To See TENET? [Lists in the 1st POST]

Christopher Nolan's time inverting spy film that follows a protagonist fighting for the survival of the entire world.
Nicewatch wrote:
June 18th, 2020, 8:55 pm
speedy117 wrote:
June 18th, 2020, 8:15 pm
Nicewatch wrote:
June 18th, 2020, 8:03 pm

I haven’t been, but I know it’s a proper size IMAX. BUT, they recently installed single laser instead of dual, so it won’t be able to project the full 1.43:1 IMAX image like dual is supposed to. It’s unknown if their 70mm projector survived the renovation or if Regal will give enough of a crap to screen a 70mm print of Tenet.
I read that the screen itself is huge. So now will the movie not be fully displayed on the screen?
Yes, the screen is huge, but the scenes shot with IMAX cameras (a very large portion of the movie) will be cropped on the top and bottom. Instead of beautifully filling the massive screen from floor to ceiling like 70mm and dual laser can, it will only fill it halfway. Like I said, there’s no way of knowing if they’ll play it in 70mm until they release the list of theaters a few weeks before release. If you’re near Atlanta and you can’t drive very far to somewhere else, it’s still your best option.
Atlanta is actually 7 hours away from me hahaha. I am going to be in the city though on July 31.

So when are we going to be able to purchase tickets? Im in the LA Metro area.

BETA. wrote:
June 19th, 2020, 11:47 am
Great question. I'm in the Windy City. Looking forward to Inception and Tenet on the IMAX screen hopefully on schedule!

BETA. wrote:
June 19th, 2020, 11:47 am
Probably 2-3 weeks before release.

Most likely going to Regal Edwards Ontario Palace IMAX & RPX...for my 2nd viewing. Let's see how the restrictions and crowd turn out to be. I may even try IMAX for my 1st viewing if the reviews are really good and I have spare time to commute.

Oku
I just realized that with social distancing, i.e., every other seat(s?) and every other row blocked out, it's going to be the hellest of hells trying to get good IMAX seats

But hey, I'm not complaining!

I’m kinda bothered by something...

Movie theaters have opened in my country but I used to go to Bahrain for movies because 1) tickets are not ridiculously priced and 2) for IMAX. It was a two hour drive and I’ve been going there since 2017.

The boarders remain closed and no announcement to when they’ll be opened the way the used to pre-corona. A theater was planning to open in my city in April but they went silent since the pandemic started.

My options are between two regular 2D screens located in a city one hour away, with nothing special in terms of picture quality (one has Atmos sound but Tenet will probably be 5.1 anyway).

The nearest IMAX is in the capital city which is four hours away and I’ve never been there. Don’t think I’ll drive there myself and taking a plane would be too expensive.

I want to see Tenet no matter what format but it bothers me that I may not be a able to see it at the theaters I’m used to because of this goddamn virus. Everything went south since this little shit came to life.

Well there goes my plans to see it in IMAX.
FUCK YOU COVID

Citywalk at Universal in Studio City, CA.

Dobson wrote:
May 25th, 2020, 7:25 pm
danevito wrote:
May 25th, 2020, 5:35 pm
Mr. Alley wrote:
May 25th, 2020, 4:48 pm
I'm in a kind of luxurious position to be honest...

Germany's biggest screen (IMAX 4K Laser same size as the BFI in London; was 15perf/70mm before) is a 30min drive north for me (every possible film I watch there, even non-IMAX ones)

Germany's second biggest screen (also IMAX 4K Laser; but had the Xenon-System before) is a 40min drive West for me. In the same City there is a cinema that showed Dunkirk in 70mm non-IMAX.

And the biggest IMAX in the world currently gets built 30min south from my house. Will be finished at the end of the year and I pray to Jehova that they will get a harddrive of TENET somehow.
Are you referring to CineStar Original and IMAX in Berlin? I was planing on a trip there this summer to watch Tenet. I used to travel to London and watch all Nolan premieres on the BFI IMAX since TDKR in 2012. But I've heard a lot of good things about 4K Laser and that it can beat 70mm even, so I'm very excited. Some friends have already been to the Berlin Cinema and says its great. They even show movies without subtitles with English sound.

What is the other IMAX screen you talked about that is not yet finished? will it also be 1.43 AR IMAX?

In Sweden we only have LieMAX theaters for feature movies.
I think he's referring to Sinsheim with the first one, while the second one being Speyer I guess.
The IMAX in Berlin is permanently closed though :(
Any news one the Sony CineStar in Berlin? Where can I read more about if they will open or not?