Which IMAX Theaters Are You Going To See TENET? [Lists in the 1st POST]

Christopher Nolan's time inverting spy film that follows a protagonist fighting for the survival of the entire world.
hotsauce32 wrote:
May 25th, 2020, 1:39 pm
VIP_agent wrote:
May 25th, 2020, 5:06 am
This might have been answered already but is there any news on AMC Universal Citywalk being open anytime soon?
Nolan's been known to host press screenings there, so I feel like that's the one he's really going to be fighting for to get open
Won't be surprised they hold it actually at IMAX headquarter

I'm in a kind of luxurious position to be honest...

Germany's biggest screen (IMAX 4K Laser same size as the BFI in London; was 15perf/70mm before) is a 30min drive north for me (every possible film I watch there, even non-IMAX ones)

Germany's second biggest screen (also IMAX 4K Laser; but had the Xenon-System before) is a 40min drive West for me. In the same City there is a cinema that showed Dunkirk in 70mm non-IMAX.

And the biggest IMAX in the world currently gets built 30min south from my house. Will be finished at the end of the year and I pray to Jehova that they will get a harddrive of TENET somehow.

SINCEPTION wrote:
May 24th, 2020, 8:17 pm
TeddyBlass wrote:
May 24th, 2020, 7:52 pm
AMC Metreon 16 in SF 🤞
Nice, maybe we can meet up :gonf:
We'll see what the world is like. Might have to say hi from a distance :P :gonf:

Mr. Alley wrote:
May 25th, 2020, 4:48 pm

Germany's biggest screen (IMAX 4K Laser same size as the BFI in London; was 15perf/70mm before) is a 30min drive north for me (every possible film I watch there, even non-IMAX ones)

Germany's second biggest screen (also IMAX 4K Laser; but had the Xenon-System before) is a 40min drive West for me. In the same City there is a cinema that showed Dunkirk in 70mm non-IMAX.

And the biggest IMAX in the world currently gets built 30min south from my house. Will be finished at the end of the year and I pray to Jehova that they will get a harddrive of TENET somehow.
Are you referring to CineStar Original and IMAX in Berlin? I was planing on a trip there this summer to watch Tenet. I used to travel to London and watch all Nolan premieres on the BFI IMAX since TDKR in 2012. But I've heard a lot of good things about 4K Laser and that it can beat 70mm even, so I'm very excited. Some friends have already been to the Berlin Cinema and says its great. They even show movies without subtitles with English sound.

What is the other IMAX screen you talked about that is not yet finished? will it also be 1.43 AR IMAX?

In Sweden we only have LieMAX theaters for feature movies.

danevito wrote:
May 25th, 2020, 5:35 pm
Mr. Alley wrote:
May 25th, 2020, 4:48 pm

Are you referring to CineStar Original and IMAX in Berlin? I was planing on a trip there this summer to watch Tenet. I used to travel to London and watch all Nolan premieres on the BFI IMAX since TDKR in 2012. But I've heard a lot of good things about 4K Laser and that it can beat 70mm even, so I'm very excited. Some friends have already been to the Berlin Cinema and says its great. They even show movies without subtitles with English sound.

What is the other IMAX screen you talked about that is not yet finished? will it also be 1.43 AR IMAX?

In Sweden we only have LieMAX theaters for feature movies.
I think he's referring to Sinsheim with the first one, while the second one being Speyer I guess.
The IMAX in Berlin is permanently closed though :(

king of prussia IMAX in 15/70mm if they still have the projector since dunkirk. they renovated last year but kept the 1.43 screen, so i’m assuming they do

i’ll go to the NYC one if not (and ny is open lol)

Whichever one is open

Oku
IMAX LASER 1.43

IT'S NO 70MM BUT I'M ETERNALLY GRATEFUL

Planned a trip with a few friends to the BFI in London to watch this. Guess I'll settle for a shitty local theater yet again.

It's Waterloo or bust for me, 70mm, we'll see how the next couple of months shakes out. I'm lucky in that I can get there and back without having to use public transport & am able to isolate for two weeks before and two weeks after, so any risk to others will be as minimised as possible.