Which IMAX Theaters Are You Going To See TENET? [Lists in the 1st POST]

Christopher Nolan's time inverting spy film that follows a protagonist fighting for the survival of the entire world.
redfirebird2008 wrote:
August 24th, 2020, 3:25 pm
MuffinMcFluffin wrote:
August 24th, 2020, 3:16 pm
I think I'm deciding on not going to the Galaxy IMAX screening in Reno, since it's not a 15/70mm projection. The 1.9:1 not only doesn't impress me, but it upsets me more than anything else. It'll be somewhat similar to watching the Blu-ray on my home theater (which I always custom crop Nolan films with).

The other little issue is that this cinema doesn't block off every other row. Even though it X's out two seats to either side of my party, people can still be immediately right behind/in front of me. This isn't the case at Cinemark, where I have also reserved tickets.

Until I can get my IMAX screening in San Francisco, I'd prefer to get a constant aspect ratio.
There is also the option to buy a bunch of seats and create a nice bubble for yourself, haha.
I thought about that, and it would only cost me $28 more to do so. But adding on that AR bit, I just don't think it's validating enough to go see it that way. See, for me, it's all-out IMAX or bust. That's again why I crop my Blu-rays. The switching aspect ratio can kiss my ass otherwise, and I do mean that as rudely as sounds. LieMAX (a term I use somewhat loosely) actually serves as a detriment for me when it comes to my viewing experience.

MuffinMcFluffin wrote:
August 24th, 2020, 3:29 pm
redfirebird2008 wrote:
August 24th, 2020, 3:25 pm
MuffinMcFluffin wrote:
August 24th, 2020, 3:16 pm
I think I'm deciding on not going to the Galaxy IMAX screening in Reno, since it's not a 15/70mm projection. The 1.9:1 not only doesn't impress me, but it upsets me more than anything else. It'll be somewhat similar to watching the Blu-ray on my home theater (which I always custom crop Nolan films with).

The other little issue is that this cinema doesn't block off every other row. Even though it X's out two seats to either side of my party, people can still be immediately right behind/in front of me. This isn't the case at Cinemark, where I have also reserved tickets.

Until I can get my IMAX screening in San Francisco, I'd prefer to get a constant aspect ratio.
There is also the option to buy a bunch of seats and create a nice bubble for yourself, haha.
I thought about that, and it would only cost me $28 more to do so. But adding on that AR bit, I just don't think it's validating enough to go see it that way. See, for me, it's all-out IMAX or bust. That's again why I crop my Blu-rays. The switching aspect ratio can kiss my ass otherwise, and I do mean that as rudely as sounds. LieMAX is a no-go.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

My biggest problem with LieMAX is the lack of quality control. The sound at my local LieMAX is horrible. Extremely loud and that's it. Poor clarity. Much rather have clarity with lower volume if they would provide it. The quality control seems stronger at the old school museum IMAX screens.

Not sure why IMAX does not consider this an important issue for their LieMAX screens. The LieMAX screens reach a much, much larger audience/population than the purpose-built IMAX screens.

redfirebird2008 wrote:
August 24th, 2020, 3:14 pm
Given that Rivercenter IMAX has an old school, purpose-built auditorium, you might prefer that one compared to Palladium. Rivercenter should have the much steeper seating angle of a museum IMAX.

When and IF the Bullock Museum IMAX re-opens in Austin, that is the place you need to go. It is phenomenal and it will have the IMAX footage at 60+ feet tall with perfect sound.
I'm very short, so seating is really important to me. I might have to consider just going to both. :think:

If I had time I would definitely drive to Austin, but unfortunately life is being a bitch right now, so that's out. Is Bullock closed right now due to COVID or because of something else? If the film is still playing around Thanksgiving or Christmas I may consider driving up there.

marshallmurphy wrote:
August 24th, 2020, 3:36 pm
Is Bullock IMAX closed right now due to COVID or because of something else? If the film is still playing around Thanksgiving or Christmas I may consider driving up there.
Bullock Museum & IMAX are both closed due to the pandemic. Government-owned institutions, so probably a good idea for them to be very careful right now.

Bought tickets for Regal Redrock Resort in Las Vegas, which is IMAX xenon with recliner seats. Never seen an IMAX theater like that. Also seeing it in 4DX!

redfirebird2008 wrote:
August 24th, 2020, 3:45 pm
Bullock Museum & IMAX are both closed due to the pandemic. Government-owned institutions, so probably a good idea for them to be very careful right now.
Maybe they'll open up in the next couple of months. Fingers crossed!

marshallmurphy wrote:
August 24th, 2020, 3:52 pm
redfirebird2008 wrote:
August 24th, 2020, 3:45 pm
Maybe they'll open up in the next couple of months. Fingers crossed!
Yeah, that would be nice. That place has the absolute best IMAX experience in the entire state of Texas.

redfirebird2008 wrote:
August 24th, 2020, 3:54 pm
Yeah, that would be nice. That place has the absolute best IMAX experience in the entire state of Texas.
Damn, you're really making me want to go! I'm sure I can't even begin to imagine how amazing it is.

marshallmurphy wrote:
August 24th, 2020, 3:57 pm
redfirebird2008 wrote:
August 24th, 2020, 3:54 pm
Damn, you're really making me want to go! I'm sure I can't even begin to imagine how amazing it is.
Definitely worth it. You're fortunate to live so close to the Bullock IMAX. I drove 5+ hours for Dunkirk. Stayed in a Hampton Inn hotel that is like a 2-3 minute walk from the Bullock Museum/IMAX. Watched the movie 3 times over a weekend before driving back home. It was worth every penny, including the hotel bills. And worth the 10+ hours of driving roundtrip as well.

The Bullock IMAX sound is loud but VERY clear. It's a night and day difference in sound quality compared to my local LieMAX screen. The Dual Laser projection in 1.43 aspect ratio is incredible on a 62 foot tall screen. It's the perfect moviegoing experience.

If the theater offers Dolby Atmos and LieMAX w/ laser, which one would be the better choice? I'm sorry if this has been asked before. Thanks in advance!