Which IMAX Theaters Are You Going To See TENET? [Lists in the 1st POST]

Christopher Nolan's time inverting spy film that follows a protagonist fighting for the survival of the entire world.
Here in Belgium our national safety board is going to decide what will happen with theaters today so I'm hoping our local IMAX in Brussels will be able to open :D

Our cinemas are opening on the first of july here in Belgium, please make it happen WB, I'll be there on the 17th of july!

VIP_agent wrote:
May 29th, 2020, 9:02 pm
El Especial wrote:
May 29th, 2020, 2:25 pm
Nicewatch wrote:
May 29th, 2020, 2:06 am
I’ve heard a report that Irvine Spectrum does indeed have single laser and limited to 1.90:1, but Tenet will likely play in 70mm. I’m thinking Irvine Spectrum got ahold of a 70mm print of the prologue at some point, and that’s why it appeared to fill to 1.43:1.
I'll be there!
If this is true then I will be there as well!
Approximately 60% of shops and dining at the Spectrum opened this week, a very good sign.

Oku
Yeah shots like that bother me; there are a couple others like it too, all of which would have been perfect as IMAX shots, but aren't.

It's at moments like that when part of me wishes that IMAX cameras were never invented, so that we would be spared of having to fret over the aspect ratio of his movies. :lol:

Oku wrote:
June 6th, 2020, 12:58 pm
Yeah shots like that bother me; there are a couple others like it too, all of which would have been perfect as IMAX shots, but aren't.

It's at moments like that when part of me wishes that IMAX cameras were never invented, so that we would be spared of having to fret over the aspect ratio of his movies. :lol:

I think it’s a more breathtaking opening when the IMAX ratio pops open when the scene cuts to the Ranger flying through the sky.

Nicewatch wrote:
June 6th, 2020, 8:47 pm
I think it’s a more breathtaking opening when the IMAX ratio pops open when the scene cuts to the Ranger flying through the sky.
I find that too, aspect ratios such as 1.85:1 or 1.75:1 breathe more than both Scoped ones and square ones, super square ratios can feel very claustrophobic like in the lighthouse, wich wan work great, but for grander stuff, i feel like 1.43:1 is a bit too square, i like how it looks cropped in the blu ray, even though you loose information in the top and bottom.

Nicolaslabra wrote:
June 7th, 2020, 12:12 am
Nicewatch wrote:
June 6th, 2020, 8:47 pm
I find that too, aspect ratios such as 1.85:1 or 1.75:1 breathe more than both Scoped ones and square ones, super square ratios can feel very claustrophobic like in the lighthouse, wich wan work great, but for grander stuff, i feel like 1.43:1 is a bit too square, i like how it looks cropped in the blu ray, even though you loose information in the top and bottom.
Na, na, na naa! Nothing is more powerful then 1.43 on IMAX. Dont compare it to watching it at home on a TV.