Which IMAX Theaters Are You Going To See TENET? [Lists in the 1st POST]

Christopher Nolan's time inverting spy film that follows a protagonist fighting for the survival of the entire world.
dragon_phoenix wrote:
September 15th, 2020, 8:45 pm
also, someone said that they fixed the imax projection issues? tickets aren't still not for sales though...
neb4ever wrote:
September 15th, 2020, 9:14 pm
Tickets are on sale for IMAX Irvine.
Ask and you shall receive, eh? :thumbup:

MuffinMcFluffin wrote:
September 15th, 2020, 9:18 pm
dragon_phoenix wrote:
September 15th, 2020, 8:45 pm
also, someone said that they fixed the imax projection issues? tickets aren't still not for sales though...
neb4ever wrote:
Ask and you shall receive, eh? :thumbup:
Ok, next step is for someone to take one for the team: Is the dialogue audible at Irvine IMAX? If it is, then I will make the trip to watch it the 3rd time in the theaters.

Just got my ticket for IMAX at the Palladium in San Antonio for this coming weekend! They certainly don't have the best IMAX theater (seating sucks), though I haven't been in six years so maybe they've done some renovating since then.

My first two times seeing it were in AVX, so I'm interested to see how this compares. I can't remember how large the Palladium's IMAX screen is, but the theater I saw it at the other two times reportedly has the biggest (I assume non-IMAX) screen in Texas. Very excited to see what the difference is!

neb4ever wrote:
I was checking yesterday and this morning and wondering why they weren’t on sale yet.

neb4ever wrote:
Oh yeah

neb4ever wrote:
September 14th, 2020, 10:32 pm
From David Keighley CQO of IMAX

"Unfortunately there are no plans for 70MM IMAX at this location.

The single laser projector is very good, yes capable of only 1.90 but probably, the sharpest projector there is at 80 feet wide.

Tenet IMAX shoots, were derived from an IMAX film negative which has a resolution of
216 megapixels per frame. Therefore the IMAX presentation are extremely crisp and sharp.

If you need a 70MM fix, you will have to come to Universal Citywalk in LA, Esquire IMAX in Sacramento AMC Metreon in SanFransico. I hope they open soon.

Thanks for being a fan and welcome back to the movies."

I'm still going to email the CEO of Cineworld to try and convince them to upgrade to dual IMAX laser projection.

UPDATE: Regal Irvine has the single IMAX laser bolted into the floor. They are also getting rid of the IMAX 70mm projector permanently ):
So no print at Ontario Palace IMAX even though it only has xenon, shit.

Deadline is now reporting San Diego County is about to shut down movie theaters due to rising infections. This sucks

neb4ever wrote:
September 16th, 2020, 10:27 pm
Deadline is now reporting San Diego County is about to shut down movie theaters due to rising infections. This sucks
Is it related to theaters, do you think?

MuffinMcFluffin wrote:
September 16th, 2020, 10:31 pm
neb4ever wrote:
September 16th, 2020, 10:27 pm
Is it related to theaters, do you think?
Not sure, hopefully not as that would be a disaster to theaters/WB/Nolan

Got an unfortunate feeling that I may have to settle for going to a drive-in.