Which IMAX Theaters Are You Going To See TENET? [Lists in the 1st POST]

Christopher Nolan's time inverting spy film that follows a protagonist fighting for the survival of the entire world.
So the entire film is the same aspect ratio in single laser? Thanks

neb4ever wrote:
September 11th, 2020, 7:02 pm
Just spoke to an employee of Regal irvine Spectrum. They opened today. The IMAX 70mm projector is still in the projection booth!!! but for some reason they are not playing the print of it. They are using IMAX laser. Here is the phone number: if anyone can try to convince them: 949 450 4920. Also I'm going to email the CQO of IMAX to figure out what's happening. I'll keep you updated!
Besides calling them, we should keep tweeting them, social media has bigger impact in this age 😁

neb4ever wrote:
September 11th, 2020, 7:37 pm
So the entire film is the same aspect ratio in single laser? Thanks
It will switch between 2.20 standard 70mm and 1.90 during IMAX 70mm scenes. You will be easily able to detect the switching, but it’s not as breathtaking as a 1.43 should be. Even with these limitations, it will still be a heck a lot better than a standard theater, that I can guarantee.

This frustration with Regal not playing a 70mm print and their digital system not projecting the full 1.43 image, us Pointe Orlando folk have had to go through the same thing for every Nolan film and IMAX 70mm release since Interstellar. We’re scared that they’re going to screw us over the same way they screwed over Irvine Spectrum and every other IMAX Grand Theater under Regal’s thumb. I’ve bugged Regal about it countless times, until I decided to just start a petition.

https://www.change.org/POIMAXLaser

If we win and get 70mm back or a dual laser system, it could send a ripple effect to Regal’s other theaters. Regal has made a serious mistake by cutting costs and disgracing their very rare and special IMAX Grand Theaters with the single laser system. We can all come together and demand justice.

It's being reported on the Facebook group that Irvin Spectrum IMAX is actually Dual Laser! Not sure about it though. LF Examiner has false information for so many theaters.

neb4ever wrote:
September 11th, 2020, 9:52 pm
It's being reported on the Facebook group that Irvin Spectrum IMAX is actually Dual Laser! Not sure about it though. LF Examiner has false information for so many theaters.
As I mentioned before, they sadly don’t update their info that often. I assume due to lack of many resources

dual laser does not automatically mean that its 1.43 AR. We know this because Leister square in London has dual lasers but only 1.90 AR screen.

I've seen Tenet in 35mm and single laser IMAX 1.90.

If I ever watch Tenet again on screen it would only be if I could travel to a 70mm IMAX screen.

Los Angeles folks who want to make the drive to Orange County, Regal Irvine Spectrum now has IMAX tickets for sale!

Some brave soul needs to go to Irvine Spectrum and report to us if the picture fills the screen vertically. Look to the projection booth and see if it’s one projector or two.