Which IMAX Theaters Are You Going To See TENET? [Lists in the 1st POST]

Christopher Nolan's time inverting spy film that follows a protagonist fighting for the survival of the entire world.
Forum Pro
Law
I'm seeing this at some type of Cinemark XD theater. I don't know much about projection or aspect ratio's, I just hope it's better than the shitbox regular theater I saw it in for the first time. Barely HD quality compressed into the middle of the movie screen.

Law wrote:
September 9th, 2020, 4:27 pm
I'm seeing this at some type of Cinemark XD theater. I don't know much about projection or aspect ratio's, I just hope it's better than the shitbox regular theater I saw it in for the first time. Barely HD quality compressed into the middle of the movie screen.
Will you please ask them what size is their XD screen? I think they use barco 4K for their XD, if you can verify these and tell us the location, I’d be grateful as I’m trying to collect as much as data I can🤓

Weird, all theaters including Regal opened today in irvine except the Irvine Spectrum one with real IMAX 70mm. Website just says opening soon. Strange...

neb4ever wrote:
September 9th, 2020, 9:27 pm
Weird, all theaters including Regal opened today in irvine except the Irvine Spectrum one with real IMAX 70mm. Website just says opening soon. Strange...
Fandango has labeled it as open, but no showtimes yet. I'm assuming they're having problem to have enough staff. Also if they're getting 70mm, they need to see if they'll have a projectionist for it.

SINCEPTION wrote:
September 9th, 2020, 10:16 pm
neb4ever wrote:
Fandango has labeled it as open, but no showtimes yet. I'm assuming they're having problem to have enough staff. Also if they're getting 70mm, they need to see if they'll have a projectionist for it.
They are not getting 70mm, I am 90% sure.

Nicewatch wrote:
September 9th, 2020, 11:34 pm
SINCEPTION wrote:
neb4ever wrote:
I will be so disappointed if they are not getting 70mm print =(

dragon_phoenix wrote:
September 10th, 2020, 12:51 am
Nicewatch wrote:
SINCEPTION wrote:

There’s AMC CityWalk that will almost certainly get a print (confirmed by CQO of IMAX). I had to drive 200 miles, 6 hours total round trip to see it in IMAX 70mm, still very much worth the journey.

Nicewatch wrote:
September 10th, 2020, 1:06 am
dragon_phoenix wrote:
Nicewatch wrote:

There’s AMC CityWalk that will almost certainly get a print (confirmed by CQO of IMAX). I had to drive 200 miles, 6 hours total round trip to see it in IMAX 70mm, still very much worth the journey.
Yea but Citywalk is not opening anytime soon. The doods at LA are crazy man. It's not opening anytime in the next 2 months.

Nicewatch wrote:
September 10th, 2020, 1:06 am
dragon_phoenix wrote:
Nicewatch wrote:

Did you watch it at Las Vegas or Indy?

Saw it at Regal Mira Mesa today. Presentation was fine. I knew going in that it was Liemax, but having been spoiled with 70mm at Citywalk for the last several Nolan movies, holy crap, Mira Mesa's screen is puny compared to Citywalk :lol:

Hoping we can at least get Irvine Spectrum open soon, even if it's just Laser