Which IMAX Theaters Are You Going To See TENET? [Lists in the 1st POST]

Christopher Nolan's time inverting spy film that follows a protagonist fighting for the survival of the entire world.
MuffinMcFluffin wrote:
September 6th, 2020, 3:36 pm
SINCEPTION wrote:
September 6th, 2020, 3:17 pm
Got tix for tomorrow’s 70mm in La Mesa :wtf:
Not IMAX though, correct? Not knocking that at all, just asking since you posted it in this thread.

And honestly, even if it's not IMAX, I'd prefer that showing over the other SD IMAX postings that were being referenced (unless sound is piss-poor).
So they also have Titan XC, which apparently is a 4K Barco projector, Dolby sound, and It’s their largest screen size. I’m trying to see what is the screen size for TXC. So basically Cinemark XD and TXC are similar to most of lie maxes that IMAX didn’t remodel and rebuild the showroom, just sound and projector. It’s getting more common smaller chain or more independent theaters, which makes sense for economical or financial reasons.

But yes, I don’t mind experiencing it in 70mm. I wanna see how it is compared to Arclight Hollywood, bc every time I went there for a 70mm, I had 0 issues with sound, both at their dome and regular showroom.

SINCEPTION wrote:
Keep us updated on pic and sound quality :gonf:

I'm considering watching two showings in San Diego while I'm out there. Maybe that 70mm La Mesa, and one at the Regal Mira Mesa (Liemax)

Went on a 3 hour round trip yesterday to another state to see it, wasn't IMAX though unfortunately.

Saw this on Reddit, really cool. Corridor leading to the IMAX theater at a Chinese premiere:
Separated by glass complete with bullet holes

Hustler wrote:
September 6th, 2020, 10:09 pm
Saw this on Reddit, really cool. Corridor leading to the IMAX theater at a Chinese premiere:
that's gorgeous

Hustler wrote:
That's amazing. :clap:

I couldn't even find a basic poster at my theater.

Hustler wrote:
That's indeed pretty cool :twothumbsup:

hotsauce32 wrote:
September 6th, 2020, 5:53 pm
SINCEPTION wrote:

I'm considering watching two showings in San Diego while I'm out there. Maybe that 70mm La Mesa, and one at the Regal Mira Mesa (Liemax)
I freaking LOVED IT! The picture and sound were super amazing. All the dialogues were clear to me, perhaps only two scenes were a bit hard to hear the dialogue because of the environment in the film, not because of the theater. And for a cpl of characters, I had hard time for a cpl times to understand their accent, maybe because I'm an ESL.

So I told the manager that I drove from North of LA and I'd be truly grateful to visit the projecting room, he said he approves it if the projectionist is OK with it. John their projectionist was elderly gentleman and happily was fine to show me the room. He was obviously experienced at doing this, and he told me this is one of the finest prints they've had for a long time and it's one of the rarest one WB has made, because it was printed in Real Time, meaning it took 2.5hrs for this print. I genuinely had tears in my eyes, all year I hadn't been in the theaters and now I was....I don't know how to put in words... :D

SINCEPTION wrote:
September 7th, 2020, 9:53 pm
hotsauce32 wrote:
September 6th, 2020, 5:53 pm
SINCEPTION wrote:

I freaking LOVED IT! The picture and sound were super amazing. All the dialogues were clear to me, perhaps only two scenes were a bit hard to hear the dialogue because of the environment in the film, not because of the theater. And for a cpl of characters, I had hard time for a cpl times to understand their accent, maybe because I'm an ESL.

So I told the manager that I drove from North of LA and I'd be truly grateful to visit the projecting room, he said he approves it if the projectionist is OK with it. John their projectionist was elderly gentleman and happily was fine to show me the room. He was obviously experienced at doing this, and he told me this is one of the finest prints they've had for a long time and it's one of the rarest one WB has made, because it was printed in Real Time, meaning it took 2.5hrs for this print. I genuinely had tears in my eyes, all year I hadn't been in the theaters and now I was....I don't know how to put in words... :D

This is what heaven looks like :D :D

I agree Jay :D

Also OC County has gone from Purple to Red, meaning theaters can open with 25% capacity.