Which IMAX Theaters Are You Going To See TENET? [Lists in the 1st POST]

Christopher Nolan's time inverting spy film that follows a protagonist fighting for the survival of the entire world.
BrandX wrote:
September 1st, 2020, 2:06 pm
Have anyone seen it at the KOP IMAX yet? If so, how was the visual/audio experience(no spoilers, please!)
I saw it at KOP IMAX. Theater renovation is brand new, you can even smell the new-smell in the IMAX theater with the leather seats. Unfortunately the image is 1.9 single laser, however I think it's the best experience we can get in the north east until NYC opens up. Crystal clear image and good sound, quite loud.

Has anyone here caught an early screening at Indianapolis? I'm gonna be in the area next week and was eying a couple of middle-of-the-day empty screenings since they aren't enforcing face masks. Was just wondering what the sound was like

On the news this morning they were saying Orange County planning to reopen indoor activities on September 22.

SINCEPTION wrote:
September 2nd, 2020, 3:15 pm
On the news this morning they were saying Orange County planning to reopen indoor activities on September 22.
Irvine Spectrum IMAX, here I come

DOULG1VEN wrote:
September 2nd, 2020, 2:59 am
BrandX wrote:
September 1st, 2020, 2:06 pm
Have anyone seen it at the KOP IMAX yet? If so, how was the visual/audio experience(no spoilers, please!)
I saw it at KOP IMAX. Theater renovation is brand new, you can even smell the new-smell in the IMAX theater with the leather seats. Unfortunately the image is 1.9 single laser, however I think it's the best experience we can get in the north east until NYC opens up. Crystal clear image and good sound, quite loud.
So have they changed the size of their screen too? Otherwise why would project it with 1.9 ratio?

I'm also very interested to hear how Indianapolis was for those that went. How was the overall sound quality, what % of the dialogue you heard, things like that.

Given what a crummy experience a friend had at Cinemark and Seven Bridges (missed 50% of the dialogue at least, and most of the exposition in the first half), I'm half thinking of not going and just waiting. Haven't decided.

-Vader

SINCEPTION wrote:
September 2nd, 2020, 6:31 pm
So have they changed the size of their screen too? Otherwise why would project it with 1.9 ratio?
Its single laser
Vader182 wrote:
September 2nd, 2020, 6:50 pm
I'm also very interested to hear how Indianapolis was for those that went. How was the overall sound quality, what % of the dialogue you heard, things like that.

Given what a crummy experience a friend had at Cinemark and Seven Bridges (missed 50% of the dialogue at least, and most of the exposition in the first half), I'm half thinking of not going and just waiting. Haven't decided.

-Vader
From my experience, it doesnt matter which theater you go to really for Nolan films...all are calibrated to roughly similar specs. Any Imax is going to have as measured by a sound meter a way higher dbc rating than dba. The whole big bass vibrate in your seats thing is the gimmick of Imax sound, and that overcompensated bass makes it harder to hear dialogue which is already a little quiet from Nolan cause of the mix

If you want to hear it...go to a normal non premium auditorium with no people and then later see it at the 1.43 imax cause thats an exp youll never be able to have again
Last edited by DarkChocolateOreo on September 2nd, 2020, 7:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

After talking to loads of people, the level of dialogue clarity varies quite a lot unfortunately.

-Vader

DarkChocolateOreo wrote:
September 2nd, 2020, 7:46 pm
SINCEPTION wrote:
Its single laser

Alright, well I updated the first post and the excel sheet.

Also Regal's has reopened its theaters in San Diego, CA and Anchorage, AK

SINCEPTION wrote:
September 2nd, 2020, 11:36 pm
DarkChocolateOreo wrote:
September 2nd, 2020, 7:46 pm
SINCEPTION wrote:
Its single laser

Alright, well I updated the first post and the excel sheet.

Also Regal's has reopened its theaters in San Diego, CA and Anchorage, AK
Same size 1.43:1 screen as before. They don’t install 1.90 screens in 1.43 theaters even if their 70mm projector is gone or if it’s single laser.