Which IMAX Theaters Are You Going To See TENET? [Lists in the 1st POST]

Christopher Nolan's time inverting spy film that follows a protagonist fighting for the survival of the entire world.
DarkChocolateOreo wrote:
August 29th, 2020, 12:43 pm
Louder ≠ better. Big difference between actual clarity and being loud for the sake of being loud...many Imaxes average 100 db and peak at 120. 15 minutes at 100 db is ear damaging, likely permanent especially if youre a frequent Imaxer.

I for one would love to take a Imax that doesnt cause an earthquake

And Imax film always has some variation, some tiny flicker...I cant speak to Bfi as an American but I d not forego all that res and color just for a more consistent display
I agree with louder not being better. I've seen some films recently is normal multiplexes which left my ears hurting after the movie. There definitely needs to be a balance.

My comparison is to the previous times watching all of Nolans previous films on the same screen in 70MM.

I hope this was just an isolated incident.

Nicewatch wrote:
August 29th, 2020, 1:38 pm
isi123 wrote:
August 29th, 2020, 12:01 pm
Saw it on 70MM at the BFI IMAX last night. I was a little disappointed at the presentation. Have seen all of Nolans films there since TDK, this was the first time I noticed flickering of the image, especially on the bright scenes. It was very frustrating as I've never experienced it before!
Flickering and strobing is a quality of film projection. The only way to eliminate it is to shoot and project at 48 frames per second rather than 24, which is what the IMAX HD concept was. They only shot and projected one short using that concept but it caused so many projection problems that it was never used again.

I never explicitly noticed flickering until after all cinemas had switched to digital and then I saw film projection for the first time in 5 years with The Hateful Eight in 70mm. Being aware that you are watching film being projected one frame at a time will make it more noticeable, most people are only aware of it subconsciously.
Good thing they stayed away from 48FPS. Never liked that hyper-real look.

KEM
Hustler wrote:
August 29th, 2020, 2:17 pm
My trip is all booked now. Driving 4 hours to Indianapolis to see it this coming Weds, Sep. 2, staying the night across the street, seeing it twice on Thursday, then staying the night again because I'll probably be too exhausted to drive home.
I decided on Branson with my friends, might make a trip to Indy for Nolan’s next film, so I’m sure I’ll see ya there haha

isi123 wrote:
August 29th, 2020, 12:01 pm
Saw it on 70MM at the BFI IMAX last night. I was a little disappointed at the presentation. Have seen all of Nolans films there since TDK, this was the first time I noticed flickering of the image, especially on the bright scenes. It was very frustrating as I've never experienced it before! Sound was mostly clear and audible. I might've missed around 15% of dialogue throughout the film. The volume was surprisingly not that loud for an IMAX, especially the BFI. Maybe they lowered it? All of previous Nolan films have sounded alot more impactful on that screen. I was looking forward to the loud sound mix but was a little underwhelmed. I'll check it out in Laser at the Leicester Square IMAX next week. Saw Inception there last week and it was the best projection I'd ever seen of the film. Crystal clear image and amazing blacks. Even better than the DMR version i saw at BFI IMAX 10 years ago.

Never thought I'd say it, but Laser might be the way forward for me. I just wish they had kept the original 1:43:1 at most venues.

Anyone else have issues at the BFI?
I would think the BFI will eventually be converted to Dual Laser with the 1.43 ratio.

Anyone watching in IMAX Dome? The image gets distorted right? I got motion sickness watching Hunger Games in the dome

not exactly IMAX related but my country just hit a new peak of per day contagions, and soon we will enter quarantine again, i guess im never seeing this movie on a theater, can i get some consolation F`s to brighten up my dispair ?

Nicolaslabra wrote:
August 29th, 2020, 6:44 pm
not exactly IMAX related but my country just hit a new peak of per day contagions, and soon we will enter quarantine again, i guess im never seeing this movie on a theater, can i get some consolation F`s to brighten up my dispair ?

KEM wrote:
August 29th, 2020, 5:52 pm
Hustler wrote:
My trip is all booked now. Driving 4 hours to Indianapolis to see it this coming Weds, Sep. 2, staying the night across the street, seeing it twice on Thursday, then staying the night again because I'll probably be too exhausted to drive home.
I decided on Branson with my friends, might make a trip to Indy for Nolan’s next film, so I’m sure I’ll see ya there haha
Awww damn, was hoping to meet another fellow NolanFan there haha. Is that Branson's IMAX Entertainment Complex? According to the lfexaminer site, that theater is 0.3 inches taller than Indy's. So... I might as well not even go now :lol:

KEM
Hustler wrote:
August 29th, 2020, 7:04 pm
KEM wrote:
August 29th, 2020, 5:52 pm
Hustler wrote:
Awww damn, was hoping to meet another fellow NolanFan there haha. Is that Branson's IMAX Entertainment Complex? According to the lfexaminer site, that theater is 0.3 inches taller than Indy's. So... I might as well not even go now :lol:
Not sure exactly, it will be my first time going there!! Haven’t been to Branson since I was a little kid, I’ll definitely make sure to give you an update

Edit: yeah it’s their complex, apparently it’s incredibly nice too
Last edited by KEM on August 29th, 2020, 8:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.

BobCobb wrote:
August 28th, 2020, 8:31 pm
Realistically, do you guys think theatres in San Diego will be ready by September 3rd to open? I bought a ticket to see it in Vegas this Monday. But I’m really not looking forward to this 5 hour drive from LA.
No idea, we have to wait for next week. Newsom announced it on Friday so theaters didnt have chance to react to it yet.