Which IMAX Theaters Are You Going To See TENET? [Lists in the 1st POST]

Christopher Nolan's time inverting spy film that follows a protagonist fighting for the survival of the entire world.
BobCobb wrote:
August 28th, 2020, 8:31 pm
Realistically, do you guys think theatres in San Diego will be ready by September 3rd to open? I bought a ticket to see it in Vegas this Monday. But I’m really not looking forward to this 5 hour drive from LA.
Keep checking the TENET website this weekend. I'm thinking Monday might be too soon Thursday more likely.

Do you think AMC Metreon will get a 70mm print? How big is the screen? Is it bigger then Citywalk?

jjm8750 wrote:
August 28th, 2020, 8:44 pm
Do you think AMC Metreon will get a 70mm print? How big is the screen? Is it bigger then Citywalk?
Yes they are getting a print. It is bigger than Citywalk. Metreon is 75.6 x 97.6 feet while Citywalk is 58.2 x 79.0 feet

BobCobb wrote:
Realistically, do you guys think theatres in San Diego will be ready by September 3rd to open? I bought a ticket to see it in Vegas this Monday. But I’m really not looking forward to this 5 hour drive from LA.
Honestly I doubt it. It's kind of short notice for them. They'd have to recall all their employees (the ones that are willing to return at least), and add on new hires to compensate for any crew that chose not to return. Then they have to train everyone on all the new procedures (cleaning, sanitation). Plus they would need to place orders for new food stock and wait for that to come in.

Speaking from experience working at a theater, maybe they could get this done in two weeks, but I think at a minimum, three weeks is a more realistic figure.

Change of plans. Just purchased my flight to Fort Lauderdale, catching back to back 70mm IMAX showings, then heading back to the airport and flying home.

tell me what i can't do. :gonf:

earthlag wrote:
August 28th, 2020, 9:34 pm
Change of plans. Just purchased my flight to Fort Lauderdale, catching back to back 70mm IMAX showings, then heading back to the airport and flying home.

Wow that is crazy, lol. Fortunately for me that theater is only about a 45 min drive. I already purchased my tickets for the 5th. The wait is killing me.

SolidMel10 wrote:
August 28th, 2020, 9:44 pm
earthlag wrote:

Wow that is crazy, lol. Fortunately for me that theater is only about a 45 min drive. I already purchased my tickets for the 5th. The wait is killing me.
I’m trekking 3 hours one way from Orlando on the 31st and 3 hours back at night. Can’t wait! By the way, the extra month of post production due to release delays allowed Nolan to cut using the original 1570 camera negative. We’re seeing this in full blown uncompressed resolution and rich analog color. :gonf: :gonf: :gonf:

hotsauce32 wrote:
August 28th, 2020, 9:11 pm
BobCobb wrote:
Honestly I doubt it. It's kind of short notice for them. They'd have to recall all their employees (the ones that are willing to return at least), and add on new hires to compensate for any crew that chose not to return. Then they have to train everyone on all the new procedures (cleaning, sanitation). Plus they would need to place orders for new food stock and wait for that to come in.

Speaking from experience working at a theater, maybe they could get this done in two weeks, but I think at a minimum, three weeks is a more realistic figure.
exactly

jjm8750 wrote:
August 28th, 2020, 8:44 pm
Do you live near San Francisco?

My dude, you have to go to this theater to see Tenet! Make absolutely sure you get one of these seats, or bust:

I've gone there to see premieres for The Dark Knight Rises, Interstellar, and Dunkirk. Then I saw the re-release for Dunkirk and the TDK Trilogy for the 80th anniversary for Batman.

I've seen other non-IMAX movies there (Jack Reacher 2, The Last Jedi, technically Batman Begins, umm some other shit that I can't remember), but if it's not IMAX it's just ehh for me. Big screen and big sound, but Nolan is the only person today who takes ultra advantage with 15/70mm IMAX, and it's just incredible. I've seen Dunkirk there three times, and I will see it there every time out if offered. It's truly something else.

But please consider my advice on seating location. The best two are L17 and L18, for sure. Oh, and if you go make sure to get there on time. Don't expect previews, they don't always show them in front of these IMAX specials.
Last edited by MuffinMcFluffin on August 29th, 2020, 12:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

Nicewatch wrote:
August 28th, 2020, 10:07 pm
SolidMel10 wrote:
August 28th, 2020, 9:44 pm
earthlag wrote:

I’m trekking 3 hours one way from Orlando on the 31st and 3 hours back at night. Can’t wait! By the way, the extra month of post production due to release delays allowed Nolan to cut using the original 1570 camera negative. We’re seeing this in full blown uncompressed resolution and rich analog color. :gonf: :gonf: :gonf:
ohhhhhh YESSSSSSSSSSS