Which IMAX Theaters Are You Going To See TENET? [Lists in the 1st POST]

Christopher Nolan's time inverting spy film that follows a protagonist fighting for the survival of the entire world.
So far, there are at least 3 confirmed 15-perf 70mm IMAX film prints in Canada that will be screening starting next week.

They are at:

Cineplex Cinemas Mississauga
Cinesphere Toronto
Saskatchewan Science Centre

NF admin, staff or OP...if you want to add this information to the original post, feel free. Or if you want to make a separate sticky as a sort of rolling database for all known 15-perf 70mm IMAX film prints in various countries, I think it would be quite helpful for Nolan fans wondering where the 15-perf 70mm IMAX film prints are around the world. I think it would be especially relevant as WB did not provide a list of 15-perf 70mm IMAX film prints worldwide.

gropercity wrote:
August 17th, 2020, 2:41 am
Thanks for the info. Well, that seals it for me. For the first time ever I won't be able to see a Nolan film in 70mm IMAX or the full aspect ratio. All I have near me is single laser digital screens. This sucks!
No problem. I can understand your frustration. Where I live, I don't have a single 15-perf 70mm IMAX showing anywhere close to me currently. The closest 15-perf 70mm IMAX showing is an 8 hour drive or a 1 hour+ plane trip. I don't even have any laser IMAX showings anywhere close me. The best that I got is a Liemax screen, and so that is where I will have my first few showings of the film. This will also for me be the first time since The Prestige that my first theater showings of a Nolan film will not be in 15-perf 70mm IMAX. Liemax sucks too, but at least it will be better than any regular theater screen. At least I'll get a 1.90:1 aspect ratio in Liemax, which is better than a regular screen at least.

gropercity wrote:
August 17th, 2020, 2:27 pm
They need to release a list of 70mm locations that are showing this.
We may never get such a list. Given this possibility, our best option here on NF may be for various members to do the work and manually tabulate all of the 15-perf 70mm IMAX prints for Tenet in their countries that they can find. I have done this so far for Canada in a previous post.

BrandX wrote:
August 20th, 2020, 6:12 pm
Maryland Science Center is my local IMAX. I saw Dunkirk there. I wasn't very impressed with the projection. I'm not surprised they switched to digital.

I'm a little surprised that Maryland hasn't opening theaters yet. Or hasn't announced plans to at the very least.
I saw Dunkirk at Lincoln 13 and then a month or so later at Msci center and imo while Lincoln was better (more polished and brighter) the msci projection was still great. better than digital like Smithsonian for sure

So I guess for Chicago I’m torn between 70mm only at the Music Box or IMAX at Lincolnshire.... Bummer

X-MementoMori-X wrote:
August 20th, 2020, 3:44 pm
Is anyone here from NY, California or other regions where movie theaters are still closed? Will you wait or will you travel to the nearest region, where you can watch the movie?
No I am waiting. Still debating if I should see this in theaters. I think I might wait until crowds get smaller here in LA. It also depends if we get news about vaccine. California consider me front line healthcare worker so hopefully if vaccine is available in January I can get vaccinated then I can go see theaters in January.

Imaginatio wrote:
August 20th, 2020, 6:48 pm
gropercity wrote:
August 17th, 2020, 2:27 pm
They need to release a list of 70mm locations that are showing this.
We may never get such a list. Given this possibility, our best option here on NF may be for various members to do the work and manually tabulate all of the 15-perf 70mm IMAX prints for Tenet in their countries that they can find. I have done this so far for Canada in a previous post.
I'll keep the first post updated as long as people post the information here, I can promise you that :gonf:

DarkChocolateOreo wrote:
August 20th, 2020, 6:54 pm
BrandX wrote:
August 20th, 2020, 6:12 pm
Maryland Science Center is my local IMAX. I saw Dunkirk there. I wasn't very impressed with the projection. I'm not surprised they switched to digital.

I'm a little surprised that Maryland hasn't opening theaters yet. Or hasn't announced plans to at the very least.
I saw Dunkirk at Lincoln 13 and then a month or so later at Msci center and imo while Lincoln was better (more polished and brighter) the msci projection was still great. better than digital like Smithsonian for sure
Ah I’ve found my people. Fuckin bizarre we have no theaters saying anything in all of the Virginia/D.C./Maryland region.

atwins wrote:
August 20th, 2020, 10:30 am
Hustler wrote:
August 19th, 2020, 11:20 pm
For anyone going to Indianapolis at the Indiana State Museum IMAX, their site now lists the advance screenings for the three days starting Aug 31st, with showtimes at 6PM and 9:30PM.

https://www.tickmarq.com/sites/indyimax ... ST00000612

So now I have the dilemma of: Do I see it that Monday and Tuesday or wait to take off work Thursday and Friday, making it a 4 day weekend STARTING with Tenet. Shee-it.
Showtimes at 6:30 and 9:00? Seems like a short turn-around time to disinfect the whole theater :?
Wow I didn't even think about that lol. Even without COVID, the gap is exactly the length of the movie? Sped up credits? Something tells me that 9:00 showing isn't actually starting at exactly 9:00, or they just aren't cleaning.
Vader182 wrote:
August 20th, 2020, 1:06 am
Just so you're aware, Indianapolis isn't enforcing masks inside the theater at all.

-Vader
Yeah, I was a little surprised when I read this on their site:
"Face masks are required in all public areas. They may be removed when eating, drinking, and while seated for your movie."
It honestly doesn't really bother me, but it is surprising nonetheless.

I would probably be seeing Tenet in Indianapolis if they enforced masks. Incredibly risky. 17% of Marion county have been infected with Covid-19. It's nuts. Without masks, all it would take is one or two people with Covid to potentially infect an entire theater due to poor ventilation carrying the infected aerosols around the auditorium.

It's a shame. I'm genuinely upset about the current state of affairs between Navy Pier and Indy.

-Vader

Just do a little Tenet cosplay, oxygen tank and all (maybe skip the blackface?):
Also it's kind of annoying they haven't announced when tickets will go on sale tomorrow. No theaters have slipped up with any indication?
Last edited by Hustler on August 20th, 2020, 10:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.