Which IMAX Theaters Are You Going To See TENET? [Lists in the 1st POST]

Christopher Nolan's time inverting spy film that follows a protagonist fighting for the survival of the entire world.
KEM wrote:
August 15th, 2020, 2:25 pm
Yeah we’re talking about doing 3 days in a row lol, is Indy a difficult city to navigate? Never been there before and I want as easy a trip as possible
Well now I'm jealous, I might just look into 3 days too lol. And nah, from my limited experience it was super easy to navigate. We stayed just a few blocks away by the Colts' stadium.
KingOfTheNorth wrote:
August 15th, 2020, 2:27 pm
Hustler wrote:
August 15th, 2020, 2:03 pm
Can we assume the Indiana State Museum in Indianapolis will get a 15/70 IMAX print? I emailed them just in case, I'll report back if they respond. That's where I saw Dunkirk, and being in Ohio that's going to be my best bet as far as driving goes.
They are
Awesome, thank you!

mario80 wrote:
August 16th, 2020, 1:35 pm
oh shiiiit! 70mm prints arrived! I’m comiiiiiiiiing!
Well then, this debunks that the BFI will be the only theatre with 70mm

reb burner wrote:
August 16th, 2020, 4:00 pm
mario80 wrote:
August 16th, 2020, 1:35 pm
oh shiiiit! 70mm prints arrived! I’m comiiiiiiiiing!
Well then, this debunks that the BFI will be the only theatre with 70mm
70mm *IMAX*. There's two cinemas in London - Picturehouse Central and Odeon Leicester Square, that will screen the 5-perf non-IMAX 70mm. BFI is still the only 15-perf IMAX 70mm print in Eurpe.

What's the latest on theaters in NYC opening up again?

I've done every Nolan movie opening night IMAX since The Dark Knight at the King of Prussia theater but my plan (pre-covid) was to get up to Lincoln Square for Tenet.

A couple months ago I thought there was no shot of that happening but now NY's numbers are consistently low so I was hoping there's still a chance.

so is the running time officially 2.5hrs? Is that equivalent of 7 reel boxes of 70mm?

Forum Pro
Law
Tangerine wrote:
August 16th, 2020, 6:26 pm
What's the latest on theaters in NYC opening up again?

I've done every Nolan movie opening night IMAX since The Dark Knight at the King of Prussia theater but my plan (pre-covid) was to get up to Lincoln Square for Tenet.

A couple months ago I thought there was no shot of that happening but now NY's numbers are consistently low so I was hoping there's still a chance.
I've seen almost all of his movies opening night at Lincoln Square... they seat 600 people, it's the perfect theater for social distancing. Hopefully they have a plan in place.

How do you know what aspect ratio you're getting in IMAX digital? I heard there are two possible aspect ratios for this. Is there any site that has this info?

I would have gone to the Udvar-Hazy IMAX at the Air and Space Museum in Chantilly, VA. Unfortunately, however, the staff there told me that that theater wouldn't be re-opened until January, at the earliest. It's a real bummer since it has been a tradition to see every Christopher Nolan movie there on opening day since "The Dark Knight". If "Tenet" plays there next summer for a one-or-two-night-only event, I'll definitely go. Gotta keep the Udvar-Hazy/Nolan tradition intact! :gonf:

The IMAX at the AMC Tysons Corner will have to do this time around. Hopefully, they're one of the participating locations for those sneak previews starting on August 31st. Based on how quickly this Friday's re-release of "Inception" sold its best seats at that location, I've no doubt tickets for "Tenet" will be gone immediately after going on sale. Not a whole lot to go around with 30% capacity.

danevito wrote:
August 15th, 2020, 10:04 am
I am pretty sure you are confusing 5 perf 70mm with real IMAX 15 perf 70mm,.

I checked the Norwegian source and its regular 70mm, not IMAX.
https://www.cinemateket.no/artikler/ten ... inemateket
Sorry, you misunderstood what I said. I said that I did not look into this deeply myself, and that I had heard of anecdotal reports out there that theaters in a few European countries had 15 perf 70mm IMAX tickets on sale. I know what the difference is between 5 perf 70mm non-IMAX film and 15 perf 70mm real IMAX film. Most film fans, including myself, when they mention '70mm IMAX film' that implicitly means 15 perf 70mm real IMAX film.

Thank you though for looking into Norway and clarifying that country.

gropercity wrote:
August 17th, 2020, 12:26 am
How do you know what aspect ratio you're getting in IMAX digital? I heard there are two possible aspect ratios for this. Is there any site that has this info?
If it's a Digital IMAX theater, then you'll be getting a 1.9:1 aspect ratio. If it is a single laser IMAX theater, you'll be getting a 1.9:1 aspect ratio. If it's a dual laser IMAX theater, you'll be getting a 1.43:1 ratio.

A great resource for this is https://lfexaminer.com/theaters/
That site updates their worldwide theater listings fairly frequently, and that site is considered to be the most accurate database of IMAX theaters around the world. Due to current coronavirus times though, the only inaccurate part is whether a theater is currently open or closed as that could change on a day to day basis right now.

Imaginatio wrote:
August 17th, 2020, 1:53 am
danevito wrote:
August 15th, 2020, 10:04 am
I am pretty sure you are confusing 5 perf 70mm with real IMAX 15 perf 70mm,.

I checked the Norwegian source and its regular 70mm, not IMAX.
https://www.cinemateket.no/artikler/ten ... inemateket
Sorry, you misunderstood what I said. I said that I did not look into this deeply myself, and that I had heard of anecdotal reports out there that theaters in a few European countries had 15 perf 70mm IMAX tickets on sale. I know what the difference is between 5 perf 70mm non-IMAX film and 15 perf 70mm real IMAX film. Most film fans, including myself, when they mention '70mm IMAX film' that implicitly means 15 perf 70mm real IMAX film.

Thank you though for looking into Norway and clarifying that country.

gropercity wrote:
August 17th, 2020, 12:26 am
If it's a Digital IMAX theater, then you'll be getting a 1.9:1 aspect ratio. If it is a single laser IMAX theater, you'll be getting a 1.9:1 aspect ratio. If it's a dual laser IMAX theater, you'll be getting a 1.43:1 ratio.

A great resource for this is https://lfexaminer.com/theaters/
That site updates their worldwide theater listings fairly frequently, and that site is considered to be the most accurate database of IMAX theaters around the world. Due to current coronavirus times though, the only inaccurate part is whether a theater is currently open or closed as that could change on a day to day basis right now.
Thanks for the info. Well, that seals it for me. For the first time ever I won't be able to see a Nolan film in 70mm IMAX or the full aspect ratio. All I have near me is single laser digital screens. This sucks!