Which IMAX Theaters Are You Going To See TENET? [Lists in the 1st POST]

Christopher Nolan's time inverting spy film that follows a protagonist fighting for the survival of the entire world.
Forum Pro
gropercity wrote:
August 14th, 2020, 10:55 pm
DylanHoang wrote:
August 14th, 2020, 2:43 pm
SINCEPTION wrote:
August 14th, 2020, 1:39 pm

I don't think they'll share screen, at least not how it's done in the past, but they should. Like said before, theaters must starting having more than one IMAX showroom.

AMC at Universal studios City Walk opening next week. So we shall see :?
Where did you hear about this? This is my go to theatre so I hope it's true but this is news to me...
All the AMC openings/dates are up on their website.
Not all. Some still say “will reopen when guidelines allow”, including the one in question.

DylanHoang wrote:
August 14th, 2020, 11:02 pm
gropercity wrote:
DylanHoang wrote:
August 14th, 2020, 2:43 pm

Where did you hear about this? This is my go to theatre so I hope it's true but this is news to me...
Not all. Some still say “will reopen when guidelines allow”, including the one in question.
All that are opening are up on the website. Those others are not opening anytime soon. Comprende?

Forum Pro
gropercity wrote:
August 14th, 2020, 11:05 pm
DylanHoang wrote:
gropercity wrote:

All that are opening are up on the website. Those others are not opening anytime soon. Comprende?
Yes...but the fact of the matter is that someone said a theatre in my city is opening next week. To which I asked how they knew and you told me to go to a site that said nothing about it opening next week. As of now, AMC’s in Los Angeles aren’t opening next week.

DylanHoang wrote:
August 14th, 2020, 11:51 pm
gropercity wrote:
August 14th, 2020, 11:05 pm
DylanHoang wrote:

Yes...but the fact of the matter is that someone said a theatre in my city is opening next week. To which I asked how they knew and you told me to go to a site that said nothing about it opening next week. As of now, AMC’s in Los Angeles aren’t opening next week.
It means what those people told you is BS.

Anyone got any legit info about which European theatres will have the 70mm print?
I have tickets for the first screening in Prague IMAX Flora which is a 70mm theatre but I recently found out they won't be getting the print for some reason :cry: But not from an official source. This is embarassing

reb burner wrote:
August 15th, 2020, 5:07 am
Anyone got any legit info about which European theatres will have the 70mm print?
I have tickets for the first screening in Prague IMAX Flora which is a 70mm theatre but I recently found out they won't be getting the print for some reason :cry: But not from an official source. This is embarassing
I think someone just posted a few days ago that the only theatre that will get a 70mm print is the BFI IMAX - but correct me, if I'm wrong.

reb burner wrote:

Unfortunately Flora won’t play 70mm for sure - I’ve contacted Cinema City Czech Republic on Facebook and they confirmed that. What a waste of one of the last Real IMAX in Europe...
Last edited by Heisenberg_ on August 15th, 2020, 5:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

DHOPW42 wrote:
reb burner wrote:
I think someone just posted a few days ago that the only theatre that will get a 70mm print is the BFI IMAX - but correct me, if I'm wrong.
That is correct - BFI is from my understanding indeed only IMAX 70mm print in Europe. Thee are a number of venues on the continent doing 5-perf 70 though.

Manchester IMAX (Printworks) showed Interstellar and Dunkirk in 70mm, but I can't find out if Tenet will be the same. Shame if it isn't.

Pippy wrote:
August 15th, 2020, 5:48 am
Manchester IMAX (Printworks) showed Interstellar and Dunkirk in 70mm, but I can't find out if Tenet will be the same. Shame if it isn't.
Vue customer service have said it will be laser digital. So you still get the full image, just not on celluloid film.