Which IMAX Theaters Are You Going To See TENET? [Lists in the 1st POST]

Christopher Nolan's time inverting spy film that follows a protagonist fighting for the survival of the entire world.
MuffinMcFluffin wrote:
June 17th, 2020, 9:56 pm
raimibonn wrote:
June 17th, 2020, 9:53 pm
Watched Dunkirk at IMAX (laser, 6-story screen) Pacific Science Center in Seattle and 70mm at Cinerama Seattle. Both were quite an experience with each having its own awe factors.

The IMAX, with its floor-to-ceiling screen, made me feel like I'm hovering in the air during the dogfights. It's very high resolution and so clear that it looked like there's no screen at all.

The 70mm screening was awesome (it's my first time watching on film)! I love the grain and jittery and I kept finding myself catching the cue blip in action.

You guys are telling me there are far more superior theaters out there? I guess I have to fly out comes Tenet.
Combine the two things you're talking about. 15/70mm IMAX film projector on an eight story screen. Dunkirk was absolutely insane on that, and I got to catch it three times.
I don't know how to phrase this question but, aren't the grains going to be magnified?

raimibonn wrote:
June 17th, 2020, 11:18 pm
MuffinMcFluffin wrote:
raimibonn wrote:
Watched Dunkirk at IMAX (laser, 6-story screen) Pacific Science Center in Seattle and 70mm at Cinerama Seattle. Both were quite an experience with each having its own awe factors.

The IMAX, with its floor-to-ceiling screen, made me feel like I'm hovering in the air during the dogfights. It's very high resolution and so clear that it looked like there's no screen at all.

The 70mm screening was awesome (it's my first time watching on film)! I love the grain and jittery and I kept finding myself catching the cue blip in action.

You guys are telling me there are far more superior theaters out there? I guess I have to fly out comes Tenet.
Combine the two things you're talking about. 15/70mm IMAX film projector on an eight story screen. Dunkirk was absolutely insane on that, and I got to catch it three times.
I don't know how to phrase this question but, aren't the grains going to be magnified?
Not really, no. IMAX 70mm is a higher resolution and more dense than standard 70mm. Even if the grain is noticeable, it’s not a bad thing, grain is a natural quality of film and Nolan and other film lovers of the like go through great lengths to preserve the natural quality and analog color of film when releasing film prints.

IMAX dual laser filling the whole screen floor to ceiling is still a very sódico al and coveted experience. I’m having to drive 200 miles just to get that experience for Tenet.

raimibonn wrote:
June 17th, 2020, 11:18 pm
MuffinMcFluffin wrote:
raimibonn wrote:

When IMAX has the resolution that it has, it don't matter. The grain looks sexy as hell.

That's why I don't like watching "normal" movies on it, though. People are like "Oh dude you gotta see it in IMAX," and I'm like: "You're just blowing stuff up, it's not even filmed in IMAX."

Has anyone been to Regal Mall of Georgia IMAX?

speedy117 wrote:
June 18th, 2020, 12:13 am
I haven’t been, but I know it’s a proper size IMAX. BUT, they recently installed single laser instead of dual, so it won’t be able to project the full 1.43:1 IMAX image like dual is supposed to. It’s unknown if their 70mm projector survived the renovation or if Regal will give enough of a crap to screen a 70mm print of Tenet.

speedy117 wrote:
Yes. It is the best IMAX I've been too albeit I've only been to 4 in my lifetime. The seats are a little tight but it's very clean (especially now) and the sound is great. I think you'll love it.

Nicewatch wrote:
June 18th, 2020, 8:03 pm
speedy117 wrote:
I haven’t been, but I know it’s a proper size IMAX. BUT, they recently installed single laser instead of dual, so it won’t be able to project the full 1.43:1 IMAX image like dual is supposed to. It’s unknown if their 70mm projector survived the renovation or if Regal will give enough of a crap to screen a 70mm print of Tenet.
I read that the screen itself is huge. So now will the movie not be fully displayed on the screen?

bootsy wrote:
June 18th, 2020, 8:14 pm
speedy117 wrote:
Yes. It is the best IMAX I've been too albeit I've only been to 4 in my lifetime. The seats are a little tight but it's very clean (especially now) and the sound is great. I think you'll love it.
Do you have to go there early to get good seats? I might be able to watch Tenet there on release day.

speedy117 wrote:
June 18th, 2020, 8:23 pm
bootsy wrote:
June 18th, 2020, 8:14 pm
speedy117 wrote:
Do you have to go there early to get good seats? I might be able to watch Tenet there on release day.
Yes definitely get there early even if you have reserved seating so you have time to park and walk thru the mall. Definitely do reserved seating if you can.

speedy117 wrote:
June 18th, 2020, 8:15 pm
Nicewatch wrote:
June 18th, 2020, 8:03 pm
speedy117 wrote:
I read that the screen itself is huge. So now will the movie not be fully displayed on the screen?
Yes, the screen is huge, but the scenes shot with IMAX cameras (a very large portion of the movie) will be cropped on the top and bottom. Instead of beautifully filling the massive screen from floor to ceiling like 70mm and dual laser can, it will only fill it halfway. Like I said, there’s no way of knowing if they’ll play it in 70mm until they release the list of theaters a few weeks before release. If you’re near Atlanta and you can’t drive very far to somewhere else, it’s still your best option.