Which IMAX Theaters Are You Going To See TENET? [Lists in the 1st POST]

Christopher Nolan's time inverting spy film that follows a protagonist fighting for the survival of the entire world.
MuffinMcFluffin wrote:
June 15th, 2020, 7:12 pm
All film has grain, and the IMAX will actually show more detail in the grain itself, so for me to say "grainier" was definitely an incorrect statement. It will be blockier, though.

Now look, 65mm and 70mm clearly aren't very far apart, so it's not exactly night and day.

I'll see if there are other shots that are similar in both formats of that film for a more accurate comparison.
I was wrong. Dammit. :judge:

KEM
Guess I’m going to the one in Chesterfield, MO.

marshallmurphy wrote:
June 15th, 2020, 7:16 pm
MuffinMcFluffin wrote:
June 15th, 2020, 7:12 pm
All film has grain, and the IMAX will actually show more detail in the grain itself, so for me to say "grainier" was definitely an incorrect statement. It will be blockier, though.

Now look, 65mm and 70mm clearly aren't very far apart, so it's not exactly night and day.

I'll see if there are other shots that are similar in both formats of that film for a more accurate comparison.
I was wrong. Dammit. :judge:
Same here :lol:

Looks like Regal Cinemas in US is reopening on July 10 with 50% capacity

SINCEPTION wrote:
June 16th, 2020, 2:34 pm
Looks like Regal Cinemas in US is reopening on July 10 with 50% capacity
Cineworld Group, the owner of Regal Cinemas, will begin reopening movie theaters next week following a three-month shutdown due to the coronavirus pandemic.

The company said in a statement Tuesday that it was planning to open all its theaters by July 10, with screenings of "Mulan," "Wonder Woman 1984" and director Christopher Nolan's new film "Tenet" on the upcoming slate.

Shares in the company gained as much as 8% in London.
https://www.cnn.com/2020/06/16/business ... index.html

Nicewatch wrote:
June 12th, 2020, 7:23 pm
Welp. The date change turned out to be a blessing in disguise. Instead of AMC Rivercenter, I might be able to catch it at Ft. Lauderdale in full 1.43:1 laser glory.
Have you been to this location? It's been like 20 years since I've been inside this IMAX haha. You think this is our best choice for 15/70 here in FL? I was always thinking I would fly to another major city to see it, but just recently realized this location still existed.

earthlag wrote:
June 17th, 2020, 8:57 am
Nicewatch wrote:
June 12th, 2020, 7:23 pm
Welp. The date change turned out to be a blessing in disguise. Instead of AMC Rivercenter, I might be able to catch it at Ft. Lauderdale in full 1.43:1 laser glory.
Have you been to this location? It's been like 20 years since I've been inside this IMAX haha. You think this is our best choice for 15/70 here in FL? I was always thinking I would fly to another major city to see it, but just recently realized this location still existed.
Ft. Lauderdale has dual laser now, they haven’t played a Hollywood movie on 1570 since The Force Awakens. But it’s the only location in Florida to project the full 1.43:1 image. The closest location that might play Tenet in 1570 is probably Alabama, they have two, but they’re both domes.

Went there for DUNKIRK.

Great theater, definitely recommend going for TENET if you're in Florida.

Watched Dunkirk at IMAX (laser, 6-story screen) Pacific Science Center in Seattle and 70mm at Cinerama Seattle. Both were quite an experience with each having its own awe factors.

The IMAX, with its floor-to-ceiling screen, made me feel like I'm hovering in the air during the dogfights. It's very high resolution and so clear that it looked like there's no screen at all.

The 70mm screening was awesome (it's my first time watching on film)! I love the grain and jittery and I kept finding myself catching the cue blip in action.

You guys are telling me there are far more superior theaters out there? I guess I have to fly out comes Tenet.

raimibonn wrote:
June 17th, 2020, 9:53 pm
Watched Dunkirk at IMAX (laser, 6-story screen) Pacific Science Center in Seattle and 70mm at Cinerama Seattle. Both were quite an experience with each having its own awe factors.

The IMAX, with its floor-to-ceiling screen, made me feel like I'm hovering in the air during the dogfights. It's very high resolution and so clear that it looked like there's no screen at all.

The 70mm screening was awesome (it's my first time watching on film)! I love the grain and jittery and I kept finding myself catching the cue blip in action.

You guys are telling me there are far more superior theaters out there? I guess I have to fly out comes Tenet.
Combine the two things you're talking about. 15/70mm IMAX film projector on an eight story screen. Dunkirk was absolutely insane on that, and I got to catch it three times.