Which IMAX Theaters Are You Going To See TENET? [Lists in the 1st POST]

Christopher Nolan's time inverting spy film that follows a protagonist fighting for the survival of the entire world.
Forum Pro
SINCEPTION wrote:
May 23rd, 2020, 12:19 am
Joshua Strong wrote:
May 23rd, 2020, 12:11 am
I'll be at Navy Pier for sure and I will take the drive down to Indianapolis to see the movie on the super big IMAX there.

Like Dunkirk, most of my shows will probably be at the Music Box in 70mm
Indy will show it in 70mm. It's pretty sad that's pretty much the only IMAX 70mm left in midwest :cry: I hope they have improved their sound system
I will call Imax and make a complaint about the sound system once it opens back up.

What was wrong with it?

SINCEPTION wrote:
May 23rd, 2020, 12:24 am
How bad is it in Japan now? Have they mentioned anything when they would reopen theaters there?
They handled the Covid situation like shit imo (especially around late Feb/early March) when it all started. They declared a super late state of emergency, which will be lifted on May 31st (already lifted where I'm at). Cinemas are reopening slowly and are at least showing cool movies like Blade Runner, The Shawshank Redemption, Wizard of Oz, etc...

But yeah no way I'm waiting til September haha

Either you go to an actual 70mm film theatre or you don't (4K is vastly inferior).

Not sure how it'll play out for me but here's a forbes article where vice president of IMAX says film is just better than digital.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/bennyharev ... f1636124a9

I think the next best thing will be when they release 8k home video which won't be anytime soon.

Joshua Strong wrote:
May 23rd, 2020, 12:29 am
SINCEPTION wrote:
May 23rd, 2020, 12:19 am
Joshua Strong wrote:
May 23rd, 2020, 12:11 am
I'll be at Navy Pier for sure and I will take the drive down to Indianapolis to see the movie on the super big IMAX there.

Like Dunkirk, most of my shows will probably be at the Music Box in 70mm
Indy will show it in 70mm. It's pretty sad that's pretty much the only IMAX 70mm left in midwest :cry: I hope they have improved their sound system
I will call Imax and make a complaint about the sound system once it opens back up.

What was wrong with it?
I went there for Star Wars Rogue One and for Dunkirk's prologue in 2016. At that time they had all old seats, from what I know they have upgraded those. Regarding the sound, it felt like it was filtered a lot. Like the dialogue and music were clear, but it wasn't something to give you goosebumps. I DJ and to me it felt like they had lowered the Treble a bit too much.

Flutterby wrote:
May 23rd, 2020, 12:29 am
SINCEPTION wrote:
May 23rd, 2020, 12:24 am
How bad is it in Japan now? Have they mentioned anything when they would reopen theaters there?
They handled the Covid situation like shit imo (especially around late Feb/early March) when it all started. They declared a super late state of emergency, which will be lifted on May 31st (already lifted where I'm at). Cinemas are reopening slowly and are at least showing cool movies like Blade Runner, The Shawshank Redemption, Wizard of Oz, etc...

But yeah no way I'm waiting til September haha
Holy shit they're showing some major classics :wtf: Those would never get wide rerelease here lol but yeah, just stay safe. I saw some bars are installing disinfection sprays at their entrance

Irvine Spectrum baby

blackColumn wrote:
May 23rd, 2020, 12:40 am
Either you go to an actual 70mm film theatre or you don't (4K is vastly inferior).

Not sure how it'll play out for me but here's a forbes article where vice president of IMAX says film is just better than digital.

I think the next best thing will be when they release 8k home video which won't be anytime soon.
I don't get why they're releasing anything on 8K yet. I think companies still wanna bank in with 4K, I wonder if they wanna drag it with 6K then to 8K.

Regal Edwards Ontario Palace IMAX for me, hopefully they still show it it 15/70 film.

Feel like a topic for people living in States...

SINCEPTION wrote:
May 23rd, 2020, 12:47 am
blackColumn wrote:
May 23rd, 2020, 12:40 am

I don't get why they're releasing anything on 8K yet. I think companies still wanna bank in with 4K, I wonder if they wanna drag it with 6K then to 8K.
It would only make sense with 70mm movies, or shot on monstro, its hard to tell if digital cameras will keep ramping up the resolution up to crazy figures like 16k in the near to mid future, they should worry more about color depth, HDR is a step in the right direction for digital exhibition.