Rate The Trailer #3

Christopher Nolan's time inverting spy film that follows a protagonist fighting for the survival of the entire world.

How would you rate the latest trailer #3 for TENET?

Poll ended at May 29th, 2020, 1:11 am

1%
No votes
No votes
No votes
No votes
1%
7%
36%
33%
21%

Total votes: 70

Alright here we go boys and girls.

How would you rate the latest trailer?

Make sure to rewatch it couple of times, wait for it to 'sit' within your mind.

7.5/10. Not sure whether it's a 7 or an 8 for the poll.

Havoc1st wrote:
May 22nd, 2020, 1:48 am
7.5/10. Not sure whether it's a 7 or an 8 for the poll.
Leaning towards that myself but voted 8 on the poll.

excellent, right up there with the Inception trailer

It's an 8. Doesn't hold a candle to the theatrical trailers from TDK or Inception, but it's a drastic improvement over Interstellar and Dunkirk and probably above TDKR's marketing other than the iconic Trailer 3. So, it's a top-tier Nolan trailer without entering the upper echelon.

Really, it does everything this trailer had to to be excellent. Amazing visuals, scale, intrigue, peril, music, the high concept, and it leaves you desperately wanting to see how it unfolds. By the end, there's so many uncanny, surreal visuals that still don't hit-you-over-the-head I expect the normies to respond with an excited "what was that?" Hell, I responded that way even if I think I broadly get the gist of the movie.

-Vader

You guys kidding me?

This is the best trailer I have ever seen in my life.

The music, Pattison's accent, cinematography, plane and car scene, Michael Caine's one liner - all without giving much of the plot.

Fuck MCU movies, Nolan is the king.

I don't know about you guys, but when I saw those title cards for the previous Nolan movies, it felt so great... I truly grew up with his filmography, starting with Memento when I was around 13, and to see The Dark Knight and Inception there, both of which are at least 10 years old now...! I don't know, it just felt fucking nostalgic, warm and moving for some weird reason. I know I don't represent the majority of people who are going to see this trailer, but for me those title cards were perfect (especially with the epic music in the background). For someone who followed this guy's career ALMOST from the beginning (he was two films in, I know), and to see him become this giant of blockbuster cinema through the years... it just felt right to see those screenshots from the previous movies. I don't want to sound cheesy, but that's what I honestly felt - and still feel when I re-watch the trailer. For others, those title cards can look weird and out of place, but for me they're perfect.
Last edited by DHOPW42 on May 22nd, 2020, 4:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

8/10 for me. Probably a little too long. I am also not the biggest fan of the music, I like it ofc but I'd have prefered if they went with a more stressful one, like in Dunkirk's final trailer, to build more tension. Otherwise I loved it. I don't know where Nolan gets all his ideas, he really has a genius creative mind :gonf:

8 probably. Not a mindblowing trailer, I preferred the first one and the prologue but very cool. I just feel this doesn't do justice to what the film is probably going to be.

Jax_Teller wrote:
May 22nd, 2020, 4:26 am
8 probably. Not a mindblowing trailer, I preferred the first one and the prologue but very cool. I just feel this doesn't do justice to what the film is probably going to be.
Well I prefer movies that are better than their trailers. Nowadays it‘s not that common :D The viewer gets every main information needed.

What? Preventing World War 3!
How? With some kind of time manipulation!
Who? JDW and Pattinson! (establishing loveable main protagonist)
Thats enough. Everything else is left to the curiosity of the viewer.

I give the trailer a 9/10. Best trailer after TDKR trailer 3 and Inception trailer 1.