Rate The Trailer #3

Christopher Nolan's time inverting spy film that follows a protagonist fighting for the survival of the entire world.

How would you rate the latest trailer #3 for TENET?

Poll ended at May 29th, 2020, 1:11 am

1%
No votes
No votes
No votes
No votes
1%
7%
36%
33%
21%

Total votes: 70

After TDKR his movies have been a lot better that the trailers, so if you don't completely love this one, is a good thing. The clarity of the image in this is nuts.
This one seems edited more for the general audience, it's more light hearted than what we saw so far.

DHOPW42 wrote:
May 22nd, 2020, 5:49 am
I was thinking it may have shown too much, but then again think of the second full trailer for Inception which ended with the full shot of the crumbling limbo city, and it even showed the exploding mountain fortress. The 2nd trailer for TDK (which I must've seen two hundred times before seeing the film) had money shots of the hospital blowing up and even the flipping of the truck, so... I wouldn't be afraid of the Tenet trailer showing too much. Especially since I have a feeling that there are a few major set pieces we haven't even had a glimpse of.
I think except Interstellar, all his main trailers showed too much. TDKR revealed that Bane would beat Batman, TDK revealed Dent's face in oil, the limbo shot in Inception meant that there would be fourth level of dream. There is also shot of the third level of dream big explosion which implied Eames had succeeded. And they even put the last shot of Cotillard...
Dunkirk trailer made you know that the red cross boat, would go down, that the boat where they eat marmelade would go down, and showed Collins on the boat...
Here we also really have a lot. I would have preferred they took away the opening twenty seconds, and only showed the conversation in the end, without showing the crash.
The big wildcard after the trailer is Debicki imo. Like Chastain, Barnard, Cotillard in TDKR & Inception.

Oh btw I didn’t really like the title cards. I think it’s a beautiful sentiment to Nolan and his impact on cinema, but I found it aesthetically interfering with the film’s visual tone too much.

great trailer

still confused as to the logistics of how this “time inversion” works - which isn’t really a criticism, however i do hope its explained in the film well. a lot of the effects are very subtle, and i do worry it might be kind of confusing when watching

we will see

i will likely risk my life for this in IMAX opening night

Forum Pro
DHOPW42 wrote:
I was thinking it may have shown too much, but then again think of the second full trailer for Inception which ended with the full shot of the crumbling limbo city, and it even showed the exploding mountain fortress. The 2nd trailer for TDK (which I must've seen two hundred times before seeing the film) had money shots of the hospital blowing up and even the flipping of the truck, so... I wouldn't be afraid of the Tenet trailer showing too much. Especially since I have a feeling that there are a few major set pieces we haven't even had a glimpse of.
Exactly. Perhaps we need to differentiate between showing too much and revealing too much. We got a lot of really cool shots, but without context and the synopsis still being very vague, it's not much to go of off. It's definitely not enough to critique it for giving too much away.

Oku
Voted 1 just to see what would happen, but now I don't see the option to change my vote, how do you change votes

On a scale from 1-10, even though the majority feels like an 8, I guess it's a bit more, not a 9, given that his previous seconds trailers where so exceptional and hype was out of this world. Final would be 8.5 mark.

DHOPW42 wrote:
On one hand, this trailer gives less away than any other major theatrical Nolan trailer imo. Dunkirk's didn't exactly, but Dunkirk is a weird animal given the structure. We have seconds long glimpses at a couple set pieces. That's it, really.

But on the other, I'm sure I'd have benefited going in blind. Only watched it once.

-Vader

I voted 8 earlier today. Solid 8, for sure.

It's a 7 for me. Very little new images compared to the previous one, no real OMG moments like the hallway fight in Inception's trailer. It is better than Interstellar (except for the IMAX one) or Dunkirk's trailers, though, since the one thing it got me REALLY excited on is JDW. It's amazing that he has the same charisma as his dad in just the trailer. He will be a great lead.

Overall, there's not much else to get super excited about since it doesn't tell us much. And I think that's good. I hope they're hiding a lot of money shots for the film and thankfully we still know very little before we see the movie.

The one thing I'm wary of is the dialogue. It seems like it will be very exposition heavy like Inception.