Trailer #3

Christopher Nolan's time inverting spy film that follows a protagonist fighting for the survival of the entire world.
Jesus of Suburbia wrote:
May 24th, 2020, 3:28 pm
marshallmurphy wrote:
May 23rd, 2020, 9:33 pm
Nicolaslabra wrote:
May 23rd, 2020, 9:26 pm

Im impartial towards it.
I think it's really neat and original. Wish they would have included Interstellar though. I know they did in other countries, so I'm not sure why they didn't in the US.
Paramounts owns the rights to Interstellar for the Domestic release. WB owns the rights overseas.
Oh dang. That makes a lot of sense.

Not sure if this was already pointed out, but can you see how at the end of the oxygen mask shot of JDW he looks straight into the camera? (actually, he looks quite terrified, if I'm honest) One of the more intriguing moments...

DHOPW42 wrote:
May 24th, 2020, 4:08 pm
Not sure if this was already pointed out, but can you see how at the end of the oxygen mask shot of JDW he looks straight into the camera? (actually, he looks quite terrified, if I'm honest) One of the more intriguing moments...
It's really haunting and has to have much significance as it has been shown in all three trailers.

CASE wrote:
May 24th, 2020, 8:42 am
Edit: I love the guy on the LEFT from around 00:10.
Fucking passion in his face :twisted:
That guy found his calling in life, being a thug, and he fuckin loves it !

quervo wrote:
May 24th, 2020, 4:34 pm
DHOPW42 wrote:
It's really haunting and has to have much significance as it has been shown in all three trailers.
I think that setpiece is going to be the climax of the film, they keep teasing it, its the largest set of the film, and i believe it ties into that quote from kenneth branagh, about this giant set with 600 machines, and from some descriptions we think its some sort of military complex.

Law wrote:
May 22nd, 2020, 10:32 pm
Flutterby wrote:
May 22nd, 2020, 10:26 pm
Law wrote:
May 22nd, 2020, 10:19 pm
I got news for you guys
I'm quite positive that's the first scene of the movie, and he's talking about the audience that were gassed in the theater.
That doesn't concur with what we've seen in the prologue, even though the line could appear to fit the situation.
The prologue takes place at the beginning, before JDW is exposed to Tenet. After going back with the fake "target", he will be executed by these russian guys. Then, he'll pass that "test" and Donovan will introduce him to what Tenet is. I don't think Pattinson is in that prologue scene.
After rewatching the trailer, you're right. However, regarding
Pattison not being in the prologue, I'm almost positive he's the SWAT member who saves JDW from the bullet.
If this is the case then why
would JDW be teaching Pattinson about inversion?

Bacon wrote:
May 24th, 2020, 8:04 pm
Law wrote:
May 22nd, 2020, 10:32 pm
Flutterby wrote:
May 22nd, 2020, 10:26 pm

That doesn't concur with what we've seen in the prologue, even though the line could appear to fit the situation.
The prologue takes place at the beginning, before JDW is exposed to Tenet. After going back with the fake "target", he will be executed by these russian guys. Then, he'll pass that "test" and Donovan will introduce him to what Tenet is. I don't think Pattinson is in that prologue scene.
After rewatching the trailer, you're right. However, regarding
Pattison not being in the prologue, I'm almost positive he's the SWAT member who saves JDW from the bullet.
I think Pattinson is not in the prologue. Sometimes, Nolan request that actors without a line that day to be on stand-by, in case he wants to take some special shots.

Nicolaslabra wrote:
May 24th, 2020, 5:55 pm
quervo wrote:
May 24th, 2020, 4:34 pm
DHOPW42 wrote:
I think that setpiece is going to be the climax of the film, they keep teasing it, its the largest set of the film, and i believe it ties into that quote from kenneth branagh, about this giant set with 600 machines, and from some descriptions we think its some sort of military complex.
I'm thinkin':
Look at Inception, Interstellar, Dark Knight Rises, and even Dunkirk. There is always a section or area (quite literally) in these movies where the characters are trapped in a "liminal space". In Inception its the bottom/last layer, in Interstellar it's the book tesseract, in Dark Knight Rises it is the prison pit, and in Dunkirk it's after the boys are sent back to the beach and we have them sleeping on the beach and we get the other soldiers trying to use the row boat, the soldier committing suicide and the royal marines. Each of these places can be viewed as space and time stopping, or being refracted, stalling out. And they each have extreme metaphorical significance to the movie, but also, are the movies main conceit or concept at its most concentrated. So, I'm thinking the eagle mountain set is probably a city, or place where inversion has occurred, and the whole place or area is some how inverted in time....just a thought...

Are there high quality frames from the trailer available somewhere? :gonf:

Does anyone know how the trailer is doing? View wise? (It is almost at 5 mil)

(Grace. of the "beyond the trailer" seems to think that the numbers are not doing well...I don't like all these prognosticators...is she right?)

How are the trailer numbers doing compared to similar scaled movies?