Trailer #3

Christopher Nolan's time inverting spy film that follows a protagonist fighting for the survival of the entire world.
A Borges man wrote:
May 25th, 2020, 9:37 am
Does anyone know how the trailer is doing? View wise? (It is almost at 5 mil)

(Grace. of the "beyond the trailer" seems to think that the numbers are not doing well...I don't like all these prognosticators...is she right?)

How are the trailer numbers doing compared to similar scaled movies?
I've never watched her but I've heard she's absolutely retarded and super annoying.

speedy117 wrote:
May 25th, 2020, 9:42 am
A Borges man wrote:

(Grace. of the "beyond the trailer" seems to think that the numbers are not doing well...I don't like all these prognosticators...is she right?)

I've never watched her but I've heard she's absolutely retarded and super annoying.
Generally speaking her "analysis" is always daffy and off base. I'm just wondering what the trailer numbers indicate...

speedy117 wrote:
A Borges man wrote:

Yes thats about right :D
She compares Tenet Trailer 2 (released on may 21) views with Black Widow Final Trailer (released on march 9) views. In the past she shaid things like „Dunkirk was just made for Oscars!“ and „Dunkirk/Interstellar was a box office bomb“

Uno
User of Interest wrote:
May 22nd, 2020, 8:43 am
Uhh... The plane... There is a car under it...
Can't believe I didn't notice this earlier. This is probably where the car came from.
The plane is crashing through a parking lot. Image

speedy117 wrote:
I think she's funny! I watched her analysis of the new trailer and she had me laughing. I didn't remotely agree with everything she said and was annoyed when she judged the lighting of John David Washington from one frame, but oh well.

marshallmurphy wrote:
May 25th, 2020, 10:52 am
speedy117 wrote:
I think she's funny! I watched her analysis of the new trailer and she had me laughing. I didn't remotely agree with everything she said and was annoyed when she judged the lighting of John David Washington from one frame, but oh well.
Alongside Tyrone, they like to appear not easily impressionable people but then you see them so excited over trailers like the black widow one which objectively looked very ordinary like some spy films, for example: Salt. And she wants to appear so knowledgeable by judging that lighting part when some of the things she gets excited for have many other things to complain about. But like you said, oh well.

Paradoxicalparabola wrote:
May 25th, 2020, 11:54 am
marshallmurphy wrote:
speedy117 wrote:
Alongside Tyrone, they like to appear not easily impressionable people but then you see them so excited over trailers like the black widow one which objectively looked very ordinary like some spy films, for example: Salt. And she wants to appear so knowledgeable by judging that lighting part when some of the things she gets excited for have many other things to complain about. But like you said, oh well.
She was a comic book writer, so superhero movies tend to interest her more. Also, on second thought, what she said about the trailer wasn't that bad. She doesn't follow all the Tenet news as closely as we do. For instance, she hasn't watched the Prologue. It's difficult to catch much of the plot in these trailers unless you have been thinking about it a lot like the posters here.

dragon_phoenix wrote:
May 25th, 2020, 6:40 pm
Paradoxicalparabola wrote:
May 25th, 2020, 11:54 am
marshallmurphy wrote:

She was a comic book writer, so superhero movies tend to interest her more. Also, on second thought, what she said about the trailer wasn't that bad. She doesn't follow all the Tenet news as closely as we do. For instance, she hasn't watched the Prologue. It's difficult to catch much of the plot in these trailers unless you have been thinking about it a lot like the posters here.
Yes but getting more excited about superhero movies doesn’t mean forgetting about differentiating quality from preference and don’t get me wrong, I’m not saying Superhero genre is bad. It’s just that if we were to compare, there are less things to appreciate in a trailer like the Black Widow one than there are in Tenet’s. Each to their own but she sometimes has a very weird way to review things.

I've rewatched the trailer a ton of times.

The thing that amazes me is that if you've seen the first trailer and the prologue, you've seen like 75% of the trailer. I saw a few people mention how long the trailer is, but it didn't give us much new material.

I think the only significant new material beyond this was:
(1) Kitchen fight, (2) Clémence Poésy explaining things, (3) an extension of the "it hasn't happened yet" fight, (4) the plane crash tease, and (5) a bit more of Branagh/Debicki,

TENET wrote:
May 25th, 2020, 9:56 pm
I've rewatched the trailer a ton of times.

The thing that amazes me is that if you've seen the first trailer and the prologue, you've seen like 75% of the trailer. I saw a few people mention how long the trailer is, but it didn't give us much new material.

I think the only significant new material beyond this was:
(1) Kitchen fight, (2) Clémence Poésy explaining things, (3) an extension of the "it hasn't happened yet" fight, (4) the plane crash tease, and (5) a bit more of Branagh/Debicki,
exatly. i am postive that all of the footage we've seen so far never goes behind the 35~ minutes mark. people are worry that nolan exposed too much. if you think the inversion concept is all the film has to offer beneath his sleeves you are strongly mistaken.

its like in inception. we knew about the "steeling ideas inside dreams" thing. but the concept keeps on developing. it doesnt end there. every element and every bit brings you deeper and deeper, until you understand that what you've seen on the trailer is nothing but the smooth surface of things.