Trailer #3

Christopher Nolan's time inverting spy film that follows a protagonist fighting for the survival of the entire world.
when the term "visionary director" is not enough to describe nolan's legacy

I hope theres not some silly twist with Debeckis son, because everything im seeing suggests a standard 'woman who works and is romantically involved with a dangerous person, but has a son and she is actually not a bad person herself', the son or child in this case is usually a plot device so the protagonist/audience can empathise with her a little as he's obviously getting close to her to infiltrate this russian fella.

It's like people here don't watch movies.

In a close doors interview ( i will try to find other link, since the original was removed), they talked about that this movie will be the first one to look backwards (is a must)
but with a different ending than looking forward, since the beginning is two way edge sword
If someone find first that interview post it please, i want to read it again too

pk12 wrote:
May 23rd, 2020, 9:17 am
Flutterby wrote:
May 23rd, 2020, 9:08 am
pk12 wrote:
May 23rd, 2020, 9:04 am
Exactly, could not agree more :) and also as far as I remember from the set photos in London,
on that location Debicki was also with JDW. So it’s happening in present time
Also struck me that Branagh is Russian :lol: Nevermind then :oops:
But what I initially thought..but not sure how plausible that is
that Debicki and Branagh characters are married and that's their son
Lots of Russians in London. It's where oligarchs like to spend their ill-earned wealth!

Edit: I love the guy on the LEFT from around 00:10.
Fucking passion in his face :twisted:
Last edited by CASE on May 24th, 2020, 11:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

dragon_phoenix wrote:
May 22nd, 2020, 1:16 pm
I have a feeling that Tenet is based on the sci-fi theory that space-time is a loop. So at end of the movie, to prevent the world from being destroyed, JDW has to repeat his actions such that the original story happens. So the SWAT dressed guy who reversed bullet saved him, could be JDW himself.
A Ghost Story (2017)

My opinion for trailer 3 after seeing it quite a few times.
1)I love the scenes of the set-pieces at the concert scene and car-chase scene from Tallinn. Especially the first looks like it will be the highlight of the film.
2)These shots from Italy are jaw-dropping.
3)JDW at least to me looks very good.
4)Time inversion looks very interesting and I want to see how Nolan will explore this subject the same way he did with the dreams in Inception.

A few things that didn't impress me but I might like/love in the movie.
The last scene in the trailer has a lighter tone, something that I'm not a fan in general.
The villain didn't convince me.

Overall I loved the trailer but it didn't blow me away. Though when I had seen the Dunkirk trailers for the first time I had questioned Nolan and this movie ended up being my favourite of the last decade. So I won't question him this time...

Pit180 wrote:
May 24th, 2020, 9:20 am
My opinion for trailer 3 after seeing it quite a few times.
1)I love the scenes of the set-pieces at the concert scene and car-chase scene from Tallinn. Especially the first looks like it will be the highlight of the film.
2)These shots from Italy are jaw-dropping.
3)JDW at least to me looks very good.
4)Time inversion looks very interesting and I want to see how Nolan will explore this subject the same way he did with the dreams in Inception.

A few things that didn't impress me but I might like/love in the movie.
The last scene in the trailer has a lighter tone, something that I'm not a fan in general.
The villain didn't convince me.

Overall I loved the trailer but it didn't blow me away. Though when I had seen the Dunkirk trailers for the first time I had questioned Nolan and this movie ended up being my favourite of the last decade. So I won't question him this time...
Too many expectations can damage people’s view of something. I don’t think there is a villain in the sense some of you are imagining because Nolan always tends to twist that around in a very complex way. I would say the only real villains he’s had have been the ones in the dark knight trilogy and still he found ways to not just focus on one.

We’ll see how it goes.

danevito wrote:
May 23rd, 2020, 8:42 pm
Janky Sam wrote:
May 22nd, 2020, 1:02 am
speedy117 wrote:
May 22nd, 2020, 12:42 am
So there is one thing I would like to point out:
A lot of people have speculated that Robert Pattinson was someone who had experience with "inversion" and that he was gonna show JDW the ropes of it, but after viewing the trailer, it's the opposite. So if Pattinson isn't the experienced teacher, then what is his role?
The Forger, obviously. :D
Exactly! But the real question is what does this mean to the opera hijack scene when Pattinson character saves JDW with the bullet drop from the prologue. We know from the people on set that the guy saving JDW was in fact played by Pattinson, so do we know more then we're supposed by this fact now? Or will the entire scene have a larger role in the movie and perhaps revisit in different versions depending on time travel? We already got some new cuts from the Opera hijack scene, maybe its alternate versions of the same space in time.
Use a spoiler tag

marshallmurphy wrote:
May 23rd, 2020, 9:33 pm
Nicolaslabra wrote:
May 23rd, 2020, 9:26 pm
Silfan wrote:
May 23rd, 2020, 9:23 pm

I really like it.
Im impartial towards it.
I think it's really neat and original. Wish they would have included Interstellar though. I know they did in other countries, so I'm not sure why they didn't in the US.
Paramounts owns the rights to Interstellar for the Domestic release. WB owns the rights overseas.