Trailer #3

Christopher Nolan's time inverting spy film that follows a protagonist fighting for the survival of the entire world.
Law wrote:
May 23rd, 2020, 8:26 am
DHOPW42 wrote:
May 23rd, 2020, 8:21 am
Law wrote:
May 23rd, 2020, 8:12 am

The setting looks like the 1940's so I'm assuming, that you're assuming, that we're assuming............
But... what makes it 1940s? This is the first time I hear about this, and I just don't see it.
Just my opinion really, looks like he's in a catholic school. Maybe not the 40's but definitely 50's or 60's. The boy's uniform reflects that. Blazer, shorts, high dress socks and oxfords.
No, it's contemporary (whatever that means in this film). As others have said, that's standard uniform for prep private school children.

Added to which, the boy walking to screen left is carrying a plastic water bottle. :D

SCORPIO16 wrote:
May 23rd, 2020, 11:53 am
I think the following lines
1. You really want to know?
2. He can communicate with the future.
3. Inversion...
are said by Aaron Taylor Johnson, not JDW. The voice doesn't match.
Wow amazing find!

I think
"You really want to know?" and "Inversion" is by JDW. "He can communicate with the future." is by someone else.

DUNKIRKIE wrote:
May 23rd, 2020, 10:09 am
Don't forget these set photos. JDW and Pattinson's outfits clearly don't look like someone would wear now and it's in Tallain.
don't know how to post pics so I'll just use Twitter link
The only movie I can recall, where people wore "today's" clothes was Interstellar, which is set in the future. Chris Nolan has a 20 years-delay in fashion. :D

quervo wrote:
May 23rd, 2020, 1:28 pm
DUNKIRKIE wrote:
May 23rd, 2020, 10:09 am
Don't forget these set photos. JDW and Pattinson's outfits clearly don't look like someone would wear now and it's in Tallain.
don't know how to post pics so I'll just use Twitter link
The only movie I can recall, where people wore "today's" clothes was Interstellar, which is set in the future. Chris Nolan has a 20 years-delay in fashion. :D
you guys' replies all make sense. We will only find out when the movie is out!

In the French trailer, Interstellar is substituted for Dunkirk on the title cards portion of the trailer.

The Special One wrote:
May 23rd, 2020, 1:47 pm
In the French trailer, Interstellar is substituted for Dunkirk on the title cards portion of the trailer.
I noticed that too. Could it be that the French dislike their WW2 history?

Also, for someone who can't understand Italian and French, the dubbed version of those sounds horrible.

Some people are speculating a 1940s setting. They could be right. This was an image from Tenet released by Regal last month. To me, that looks like a taxi straight out of a period setting. Unless I'm wrong and it indeed is or could be a modern taxi.

KrazzyDJ wrote:
May 23rd, 2020, 2:01 pm
Some people are speculating a 1940s setting. They could be right. This was an image from Tenet released by Regal last month. To me, that looks like a taxi straight out of a period setting. Unless I'm wrong and it indeed is or could be a modern taxi.

The taxi can be a little misleading, but the Royce behind it is definitely modern.

I've made this Tenet / Inception trailer comparisson.

I think that they have similar structure. Maybe you guys can spot other similarities that could give us more information about the characters, and what Tenet really is.
By the way, I wonder besides the palindromic reason, why Nolan chose Tenet over Inversion for the title.
Watching it several times I think that JDW is more like Ariadne than Cobb, beacause he doesn't fully understand how this thing works.

quervo wrote:
May 23rd, 2020, 2:04 pm
KrazzyDJ wrote:
May 23rd, 2020, 2:01 pm

The taxi can be a little misleading, but the Royce behind it is definitely modern.
Yeah the Rolls Royce is definitely modern. Maybe he's in an area where the high class go to eat. I'm pretty sure this is where he meets Michael Caine.