Trailer #3

Christopher Nolan's time inverting spy film that follows a protagonist fighting for the survival of the entire world.
is there a prores file out for this yet?

So I just want to say thank you all, for this community continuing to exist, and being a place where there is still a lot of positivity and acceptance of great discussion :twothumbsup: :gonf:. I've noticed on a number of different sites and communities on the internet there is a lot of hate and criticism for not only this new trailer, but also more generally for the film itself and Nolan. I feel this world virus situation has made a lot of people very weird, way more off than normal.

speedy117 wrote:
May 21st, 2020, 11:48 pm
Holy fuck so many of you guys are just a bunch of whiners. Here I am enjoying some new material after months of nothing, and people are on here picking everything apart and complaining. Idc if you state your opinion but enough with the complaining.
Cheers man, I agree with you here.

DHOPW42 wrote:
May 22nd, 2020, 4:21 am
So that cracked glass effect on the title cards - does this hint at some sort of "natural" origin for the time reversal phenomena, that agencies could somehow harness? Is space-time continuum itself broken in this Universe - or maybe that is what they are trying to prevent?
speedy117 wrote:
May 22nd, 2020, 4:34 am
I have some thoughts:
I have been wondering of what use is the time reversed gun? I mean it accomplishes the same thing a normal gun does. I am thinking that the purpose of it is to leave no evidence. There will be no bullet holes, no bullet casings, just a clean bullet wound on the person. I don't know what the point of leaving no evidence is, but it's just a thought.

Also when I saw JDW use the glove to pick up the artifact/thing and shoot the gun, I thought maybe the glove was required to interact with "special" elements, for lack of a better word, like the gun. But in the trailer we see him pick up a gun off the floor without the glove, so I have no idea how this works out. I would love to hear your thoughts.
Here are my feelings:
I feel the concept of inversion in the film will have something to do with the quantum cold war aspect of the film. Specifically I believe it will somehow relate to quantum physics or quantum mechanics.

I believe that there is so much we haven't seen. As JDW says in the trailer, it's not about time travel. I feel it's not even just about inverting time backwards at some points. Let's remember that the working title for the production of the film was Merry Go Round. So therefore I believe whenever time is inverted in the film (reversed backward) it can also be inverted again (reversed forward)...and again and again, like an actual merry-go-round. So I feel we will see in the film during some major sequences some sort of inversion tug-of-wars between different characters with time being continually inverted over and over. I think there may be possibly even more to it that Nolan could be hiding. It sounds quite complicated, but I feel Nolan will pull it off in a unique way.

This has me wondering of course what will be the overall point and purpose or motive of using inversion in the film, but we shall see. I also feel that inversion may be based on some sort of natural phenomenon as it relates to quantum physics and quantum mechanics.

I feel Nolan is still hiding so much of the film.
Last edited by Imaginatio on May 22nd, 2020, 10:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

Great points man :twothumbsup:

I was wondering:
We've both seen objects and humans going forwards and backwards right? Does it mean it's possible to reverse death? Then why are they all trying to kill each others if it's apparently reversible?

Flutterby wrote:
May 22nd, 2020, 10:05 am

I was wondering:
We've both seen objects and humans going forwards and backwards right? Does it mean it's possible to reverse death? Then why are they all trying to kill each others if it's apparently reversible?

Great point, I feel that:
This is one of the many big questions about the film that we don't know about, and that I think Nolan will blow us away with ;).

I feel there are deeper levels of the film we're unaware of and not prepared for yet.

Flutterby wrote:
May 22nd, 2020, 10:05 am

I was wondering:
I had the same question. My thought is that
the “inversion” will start with individual objects such as guns/bullets, but than it will be harnessed to completely reverse the timeline of someone/something. For example, you step into this machine and when you come out of it, your living on a reverse timeline. This may be a wrong interpretation though because how big of a machine would need to be built. It would need to fit cars and boats and planes.
My head hurts just thinking about it. I think this is the best way for Nolan to introduce it as a concept and then expand on it. (Inception was about entering into dreams, but then it became dreams within dreams and limbo)

Uno
Does anybody know where I can download the trailer in high quality?

KEM
Uno wrote:
May 22nd, 2020, 11:19 am
Does anybody know where I can download the trailer in high quality?
I’m waiting for the 4k trailer to come to light like the first trailer

It just popped up on Apple Trailers. Hopefully, TheDigitalTheater will have it in a higher bitrate and 5.1 soon.

Jax_Teller wrote:
May 22nd, 2020, 12:31 pm
It just popped up on Apple Trailers. Hopefully, TheDigitalTheater will have it in a higher bitrate and 5.1 soon.

No 5.1 or 4K yet as I haven't seen any DCP versions (which are unlikely anyway since cinemas are closed). FYI the Textless files have split audio, dialogue, music, FX.

Even though I was angry at first for releasing it with Fortnite, all that aside the trailer blew my mind. I am all the with John when he says it will change cinema for the next 10-15 years. I've watched it 10 times already and I still feel as excited as the first time.

I mean you could feel that if you've watched the prologue. That tension, that exceptional soundtrack, out of this world.

I truly wish we all be save and sound and go see this groundbreaking masterpiece the way it deserves to be seen come July.

Honored to be in this community and share the passion for these movies. :gonf: