Trailer #3

Christopher Nolan's time inverting spy film that follows a protagonist fighting for the survival of the entire world.
I still don't feel the hype.

But that's good, because for the first time in ten years I'm here, I have no idea what's going on in Nolan's latest and he can surprise me from the very first second.

Just the question of WHEN now. July 17th? We're fully open here and it is only May, I say bring it.

Nicolaslabra wrote:
May 21st, 2020, 11:12 pm
OVERMAN wrote:
May 21st, 2020, 10:48 pm
What's the vibe here?

IMO,The trailer was terrible.

first part feels like a repetition of the first trailer. You have the absolute cringe Nolan movie banners (should be selling the film not the director, no need to show actual footage from the guy's previous films ffs), the music for most of the video is generic trailer crap, then we find out Branagh is playing the same (evil Russian) villain from that awful Jack Ryan film that everyone forgot existed.

Also, just bad editing, almost unintelligible lines, nothing captivating and impressive. I think they were trying to show something imposing with the plane at the end, which I imagine will be impressive at the theaters, but here you just don't get anything because of the dull editing.

I liked the part when you see the bullet case go in reverse though, reminded me of Memento.
aside from the fact that i disagree with everything you said, the nolan banners are absolutley Warner`s idea, the fact is, the only things that really sells today, are franchises, the only real way to compete is turning Nolan into the franchise, and it has been a success.
now you can resume your yelling at the clouds, friendo.
How great is it that if it is indeed Warner's idea, they don't really seem to have enough faith in the movie's own merits to captivate an audience so they have to turn Nolan "into a franchise" like you say. I'm sure Mr. Nolan would be delighted to know he is now "the franchise" like you point out and that the distribution company feels they need to remind people it comes from the director of TDK after all these years. :D

Also nice to know that if you read an opinion that's opposite to yours, it's now "yelling at the clouds". You did reply after all, dummy. :D

Samuel R. Jankis wrote:
May 21st, 2020, 11:11 pm
OVERMAN wrote:
What's the vibe here?

first part feels like a repetition of the first trailer. You have the absolute cringe Nolan movie banners (should be selling the film not the director, no need to show actual footage from the guy's previous films ffs), the music for most of the video is generic trailer crap, then we find out Branagh is playing the same (evil Russian) villain from that awful Jack Ryan film that everyone forgot existed.

Also, just bad editing, almost unintelligible lines, nothing captivating and impressive. I think they were trying to show something imposing with the plane at the end, which I imagine will be impressive at the theaters, but here you just don't get anything because of the dull editing.

I liked the part when you see the bullet case go in reverse though, reminded me of Memento.
I’ve never disagreed more on anything on here than this take before.
Interesting, I'd love to know why. that's the reason why I came here.

OVERMAN wrote:
What's the vibe here?

Trailers haven't been very good but movie will be awesome. The prologue was excellent.

(This trailer has incorrect editing. The massive plane needed to be shown just before Robert says "that part is.. a little dramatic", but here it is shown even before JDW asks ''well how big a plane".)

Is it me or does Pattinson's accent change? His line around the 2:15 mark compared to the end of the trailer sound completely different to me :lol:

blackColumn wrote:
May 21st, 2020, 11:30 pm
OVERMAN wrote:
What's the vibe here?

Trailers haven't been very good but movie will be awesome. The prologue was excellent.

(This trailer has incorrect editing. The massive plane needed to be shown just before Robert says "that part is.. a little dramatic", but here it is shown even before JDW asks ''well how big a plane".)
Yes, I agree. Prologue was pretty good and I don't really have a problem with the first trailer. I felt was intriguing, had good pace. This one was all over the place.

OVERMAN wrote:
May 21st, 2020, 11:27 pm
Nicolaslabra wrote:
May 21st, 2020, 11:12 pm
OVERMAN wrote:
What's the vibe here?

aside from the fact that i disagree with everything you said, the nolan banners are absolutley Warner`s idea, the fact is, the only things that really sells today, are franchises, the only real way to compete is turning Nolan into the franchise, and it has been a success.
now you can resume your yelling at the clouds, friendo.
How great is it that if it is indeed Warner's idea, they don't really seem to have enough faith in the movie's own merits to captivate an audience so they have to turn Nolan "into a franchise" like you say. I'm sure Mr. Nolan would be delighted to know he is now "the franchise" like you point out and that the distribution company feels they need to remind people it comes from the director of TDK after all these years. :D

Also nice to know that if you read an opinion that's opposite to yours, it's now "yelling at the clouds". You did reply after all, dummy. :D
See the thing with franchises, is that they are multiple movies, you cant create one around nolan by promoting just the current film, you need to create context, also TDK trilogy is such a cultural phenomenon that WB`s would never let the opportunity to remind people that Nolan directed it go.

I also love how you went straight to "dummy", i never though you where dumb for "yelling at the clouds", i just thought your where confusing your opinion of the trailer with an objective assessment of its merit, you label it as generic and crap, but only your opinion is.

Holy fuck so many of you guys are just a bunch of whiners. Here I am enjoying some new material after months of nothing, and people are on here picking everything apart and complaining. Idc if you state your opinion but enough with the complaining.

speedy117 wrote:
May 21st, 2020, 11:48 pm
Holy fuck so many of you guys are just a bunch of whiners. Here I am enjoying some new material after months of nothing, and people are on here picking everything apart and complaining. Idc if you state your opinion but enough with the complaining.
Aside the fact that people on the internet mostly whine about everything, and if they don't, they're just all hype, I feel like this pandemic has gotten most of us crankier about movies than usual. Tenet is supposed to bring us all back to theaters so it HAS to be godsend for most folks to even consider it right now (it's harder to see into the future these days, and July is a far future). Just my two cents.

One of Nolan's better trailers. Love the hints of Bond homage, but the prologue remains the GOAT. This trailer shows off scale, the "rules," and tone extremely well--while also still hiding its secrets. Also, multiple "non-movie" people have messaged me about this trailer tonight. And it was trending on youtube. So, it's building necessary buzz.

July 17th or August 12th it is.