Trailer #3

An original action espionage film releasing in IMAX on August 12, 2020
User avatar
Posts: 19553
Joined: June 2010
Location: The White City
Silfan wrote:
May 21st, 2020, 9:59 pm
Vader182 wrote:
May 21st, 2020, 9:52 pm
Silfan wrote:
May 21st, 2020, 9:51 pm


So generic..this doesn't fit nolan.
correct, Nolan never has cheesy dialogue


-Vader
besides TDKR and batman begins, no.
personelly i like most of his dialogue. i find it sharp but drametic. but this..is his wrost yet.
yer not dreamin now are ya?

nothing on earth is funnier than nolan naming a kid coop cooper in interstellar


-Vader

Posts: 124
Joined: December 2019
Did anyone else notice that the score in the trailer is a slowed down, more orchestral version of the prologue sizzle-reel score?

Posts: 121
Joined: September 2018
so Elizabeth Debicki is an american agent with a family in russia with a mission to get close to Kenneth Branagh?

User avatar
Posts: 3196
Joined: April 2010
Location: We can't stop here, this is Bat Country!
What's the vibe here?

IMO,The trailer was terrible.

first part feels like a repetition of the first trailer. You have the absolute cringe Nolan movie banners (should be selling the film not the director, no need to show actual footage from the guy's previous films ffs), the music for most of the video is generic trailer crap, then we find out Branagh is playing the same (evil Russian) villain from that awful Jack Ryan film that everyone forgot existed.

Also, just bad editing, almost unintelligible lines, nothing captivating and impressive. I think they were trying to show something imposing with the plane at the end, which I imagine will be impressive at the theaters, but here you just don't get anything because of the dull editing.

I liked the part when you see the bullet case go in reverse though, reminded me of Memento.

User avatar
Posts: 2158
Joined: December 2016
ninenin wrote:
May 21st, 2020, 10:47 pm
Did anyone else notice that the score in the trailer is a slowed down, more orchestral version of the prologue sizzle-reel score?
Quite the opposite actually it’s sped up. Like the chords that make up the main theme are played faster but maybe with relatively slower synth arpeggios. It’s truly awesome. Zimmer composed a couple of trailers with Nolan. Mainly the teasers but one of the TDKR trailers were composed by him, so I wonder if this is Ludwig’s work or just the trailer house using his themes and sounds.

Posts: 135
Joined: May 2010
Location: Taiwan
Good trailer, lots of new footage; reignites my excitement.

I'm happy with the trailer not being jaw-droppingly awesome because I know the film will be. I'm just happy with new contents.

Posts: 142
Joined: December 2019
Samuel R. Jankis wrote:
May 21st, 2020, 10:40 pm
gropercity wrote:
May 21st, 2020, 10:23 pm
Silfan wrote:
May 21st, 2020, 9:51 pm


So generic..this doesn't fit nolan.
You're joking right? Nolan has some of the worst and cheesy dialogue in this history of movies.

MURPH: Why'd you name me Murph?

COOPER: Murphy's law!

That whole exchange was totally cringe. And let's not forget, this is the director who brought us one of the worst, if not the worst, death scenes in movie history. You can't say this line or that line doesn't fit because it's generic when Nolan is the master of generic.
You really haven't seen a lot of movies if you think Nolan has one or the worst and cheesy dialogue in movie history.
yeah exactly. i was gonna say. dude especially in an action movie genre it's hard enough. the whole reason why I'm such a Nolan fan is that he puts meaning behind action movies. i really haven't seen a good action/thriller movie in a while without all the cliche nonsense in terms of plot structure and dialogue, but i strongly believe that tenet is going to save the genre bc Nolan is clearly eliminating all of the cliche bs that Hollywood has become lately in regard to movies like this one.

User avatar
Posts: 362
Joined: May 2010
OVERMAN wrote:
May 21st, 2020, 10:48 pm
What's the vibe here?

IMO,The trailer was terrible.

first part feels like a repetition of the first trailer. You have the absolute cringe Nolan movie banners (should be selling the film not the director, no need to show actual footage from the guy's previous films ffs), the music for most of the video is generic trailer crap, then we find out Branagh is playing the same (evil Russian) villain from that awful Jack Ryan film that everyone forgot existed.

Also, just bad editing, almost unintelligible lines, nothing captivating and impressive. I think they were trying to show something imposing with the plane at the end, which I imagine will be impressive at the theaters, but here you just don't get anything because of the dull editing.

I liked the part when you see the bullet case go in reverse though, reminded me of Memento.
I’ve never disagreed more on anything on here than this take before.

User avatar
Posts: 420
Joined: November 2018
OVERMAN wrote:
May 21st, 2020, 10:48 pm
What's the vibe here?

IMO,The trailer was terrible.

first part feels like a repetition of the first trailer. You have the absolute cringe Nolan movie banners (should be selling the film not the director, no need to show actual footage from the guy's previous films ffs), the music for most of the video is generic trailer crap, then we find out Branagh is playing the same (evil Russian) villain from that awful Jack Ryan film that everyone forgot existed.

Also, just bad editing, almost unintelligible lines, nothing captivating and impressive. I think they were trying to show something imposing with the plane at the end, which I imagine will be impressive at the theaters, but here you just don't get anything because of the dull editing.

I liked the part when you see the bullet case go in reverse though, reminded me of Memento.
aside from the fact that i disagree with everything you said, the nolan banners are absolutley Warner`s idea, the fact is, the only things that really sells today, are franchises, the only real way to compete is turning Nolan into the franchise, and it has been a success.
now you can resume your yelling at the clouds, friendo.

Posts: 142
Joined: December 2019
Nicolaslabra wrote:
May 21st, 2020, 11:12 pm
OVERMAN wrote:
May 21st, 2020, 10:48 pm
What's the vibe here?

IMO,The trailer was terrible.

first part feels like a repetition of the first trailer. You have the absolute cringe Nolan movie banners (should be selling the film not the director, no need to show actual footage from the guy's previous films ffs), the music for most of the video is generic trailer crap, then we find out Branagh is playing the same (evil Russian) villain from that awful Jack Ryan film that everyone forgot existed.

Also, just bad editing, almost unintelligible lines, nothing captivating and impressive. I think they were trying to show something imposing with the plane at the end, which I imagine will be impressive at the theaters, but here you just don't get anything because of the dull editing.

I liked the part when you see the bullet case go in reverse though, reminded me of Memento.
aside from the fact that i disagree with everything you said, the nolan banners are absolutley Warner`s idea, the fact is, the only things that really sells today, are franchises, the only real way to compete is turning Nolan into the franchise, and it has been a success.
now you can resume your yelling at the clouds, friendo.
hahaha what is up with all the hate. from a psychological perspective, I can kinda understand why people are hating on it...bc they aren't familiar with it yet. I'll be honest, the very first time i watched the trailer I thought it was subpar, BUT after the second time through, I picked up smaller details and really appreciated it. this trailer is brilliant. name a better trailer than this...Wonder woman? no way. NTTD? cringe and cliche.

Post Reply