Trailer #3

Christopher Nolan's time inverting spy film that follows a protagonist fighting for the survival of the entire world.
As of a few hours ago, I never would’ve expected these threads to turn into a public bashing of Fortnite. It’s a good game and the in-game events they’re pulling off are actually pretty amazing.

Sanchez wrote:
May 21st, 2020, 7:00 pm
Have my doubts it will be online at the exact same time. Like someone else already said, that would kind of defeat the purpose.
It doesn't defeat the purpose if people playing the game are forced to watch it, like an advertisement. I don't know how it works though.

It defeats the purpose of the huge deal between WB and Fortnite. This wasn't free.

Michaelf2225 wrote:
May 21st, 2020, 7:01 pm
lol at some of you being this mad 😂😂😂
I know!!

Michaelf2225 wrote:
I mean I personally don't like seeing Nolan collaborate with people/companies that are anti-consumer and backstabbing to content creators.

Sanchez wrote:
May 21st, 2020, 6:52 pm
Well I had to come back for this...
Nolanfan93 wrote:
May 21st, 2020, 4:18 pm
Fortnite is one of the worst BR games ever and seems quite weird to premiere the trailer on it. It's a cartoonish crap, aimed at 12-year olds.
I tried Fortnite once and instantly uninstalled it because I really disliked it. So don't think I'm a huge fan of that game. But this has to be the dumbest comment in this entire thread.

Fortnite is the biggest game in the world right now, with over 250 millon registered players, and 80 million monthly actice players. Last month they had 12 millon online at once for a huge event with Travis Scott. Whether you like the game or not is completely irrelevant, Epic Games are doing something right. And that's an understatement.

Even if 60% of their playerbase of 80M were kids, that still makes 30M that aren't. This is an absolutely brilliant move.
I wonder if they will have more promotional material in Fortnite. Like you mentioned, they had a Travis Scott concert which was apparently crazy. What if they do an event for Tenet and there's a bunch of shit reversing or whatever.

Bacon wrote:
May 21st, 2020, 7:05 pm
Michaelf2225 wrote:
I mean I personally don't like seeing Nolan collaborate with people/companies that are anti-consumer and backstabbing to content creators.
I mean he already works and collaborates with WB

I think, seeing the trailer for the first time inside a video game projected on a large screen with people from all over the globe during a pandemic is really wholesome.

Sanchez wrote:
It defeats the purpose of the huge deal between WB and Fortnite. This wasn't free.
I honestly don't know anything about it. I just figured the ads on YouTube must cost something, and they're still very useful even if you can go watch the full trailer somewhere else or can choose to skip it. Those ads have introduced me to plenty of movies that I would otherwise never have even chosen to watch the trailer for.

Bacon wrote:
Michaelf2225 wrote:
100% on point. I mean the thing I hate about Epic is their exclusivity issue. For instance this trailer can very well be debuted inside their game, however it also should drop online at the same time for non-children to see it/or perhaps just people who aren't gamers. No one should impose you to download the game or see a live streaming in-game again to see it...