TV Spots

Christopher Nolan's time inverting spy film that follows a protagonist fighting for the survival of the entire world.
And I just realized that the TV Spot showed those door frame type things

All of a sudden, people seem shocked when popular music is featured in a summer blockbuster?

I’m not too big of a fan of randomly inserting music into films (just ends up dating them) but they can do a lot worse than getting Travis Scott out there to promote this film to a younger audience, might not be everyone’s cup of tea but his Astroworld album was excellent.

I digress, even if it was studio mandated, it seems to be more than just a mindless music tie in and seems to be made with actual intent to incorporate aspects of the film in it...we’ll see.

Sharkboy wrote:
August 19th, 2020, 3:44 am
All of a sudden, people seem shocked when popular music is featured in a summer blockbuster?

I’m not too big of a fan of randomly inserting music into films (just ends up dating them) but they can do a lot worse than getting Travis Scott out there to promote this film to a younger audience, might not be everyone’s cup of tea but his Astroworld album was excellent.

I digress, even if it was studio mandated, it seems to be more than just a mindless music tie in and seems to be made with actual intent to incorporate aspects of the film in it...we’ll see.
I mean, I look at Cameron's use of Dion for Titanic or Kubrick's use of Chris Isaacs in Eyes Wide Shut, Django Unchained having John Legend do a song, and I'm pretty stocked for Nolan + Travis Scott. This is a cinematic tradition! Since this is the only time (I can think of) that Nolan has done it, I don't think it is a gimmick or an after thought.

Not to mention James Bond - surely the thought behind going for this in the first place given the inspiration behind Tenet

antovolk wrote:
August 19th, 2020, 4:51 am
Not to mention James Bond - surely the thought behind going for this in the first place given the inspiration behind Tenet
I do wonder/wish if we could get a trippy opening credits; something like Fincher's Girl with the dragon tattoo...a Nolanized Bondesque title sequence. (He has avoided opening credits sequences...possibly, if I where to make an assumption, it's because it would take the audiance of the movie/emersion.)

Uno
Small 6s Spot of JDW going crazy.

Uno wrote:
August 19th, 2020, 9:07 am
You do not want to fuck with him...noted

This miniature is awesome! Also very meme'esqe.

Uno wrote:
August 19th, 2020, 9:07 am
:clap:

KEM
Damn JDW went in on that dude lol