TV Spots

Christopher Nolan's time inverting spy film that follows a protagonist fighting for the survival of the entire world.
speedy117 wrote:
May 28th, 2020, 10:31 am
AhmadAli95 wrote:
May 28th, 2020, 10:01 am
^
Same.
Manufactured in the future! How is that not time travel?
Maybe it was manufactured in the future, and then they reversed time to put it in the past.
Yeah, I've posted a theory about it:
Those drawers exist in the future, someone puts an inverted gadget in them, and Poésy finds it in the "past".

quervo wrote:
May 28th, 2020, 10:18 am
They just don't like the definition, I think we can call this inversion thing a weird kind of time travel. In the movie's world a theoretical time travel would mean "time transportation", where you can jump to any point of time in a moment, which is not possible.
I’m sure we’ll get it explained to us in the film but still that’s travel. It doesn’t matter if you’re going back to a certain point in time or just unwinding second by second. You’re going back in time, you’ve traveling to the past lol.

I think the main thing about TENET is perspective. Typical time travel like Endgame for example shows character going bsck to a certain point while everything is going forward normally. While in TENET people going back are going against everyone else in that timeline. Two events literally the opposite of each other (inversion). So having a conversation with someone from the past might not be a bit of a challenge.

Law wrote:
May 28th, 2020, 9:58 am
I keep saying I’m not watching anymore and then I keep watching more
Yup.

quervo wrote:
May 28th, 2020, 8:55 am
DUNKIRKIE wrote:
May 28th, 2020, 8:50 am
Someone is manifacturing them in the future :shock:
I need this shit now!
That makes a lot more sens now.

quervo wrote:
May 28th, 2020, 10:34 am
speedy117 wrote:
May 28th, 2020, 10:31 am
AhmadAli95 wrote:
^
Same.
Maybe it was manufactured in the future, and then they reversed time to put it in the past.
Yeah, I've posted a theory about it:
Those drawers exist in the future, someone puts an inverted gadget in them, and Poésy finds it in the "past".
Seems like many of us got this right. :clap: :clap:

Still trying to wrap my brain around the reversing bullets concept.
Literally the only benefit is that it leaves no trace, bullet and casing back in the gun unfired. But what if, instead of the bullet getting lodged in the side of an Opera seat, it stays in the victim and doesn't exit? When does the bullet appear? Does it just form inside that person's body the moment the trigger is pulled? Is that person living with a bullet inside them their entire lives?

They go out on jobs with empty clips, catch all the bullets, then go back to the base and have to place all the bullets in those drawers, so they can be placed there in the future after being created. :shock: Seems like a lot of effort to avoid some forensics team.

AhmadAli95 wrote:
^
Same.
I think there's two universe moving opposite direction in time. And there's a way to move betweeen these those universe. Those inverted object are 'leaks' during the transportation between the two universe.

dragon_phoenix wrote:
May 28th, 2020, 2:37 pm
AhmadAli95 wrote:
^
Same.
I think there's two universe moving opposite direction in time. And there's a way to move betweeen these those universe. Those inverted object are 'leaks' during the transportation between the two universe.
that's very interesting

The Special One wrote:
May 28th, 2020, 2:52 pm
dragon_phoenix wrote:
May 28th, 2020, 2:37 pm
AhmadAli95 wrote:
^
Same.
that's very interesting
Regardless of what is the actual plot, I think this movie is going to require multiple viewings to catch everything. Hopefully, the first viewing is not that confusing such that we can't grasp the overarching message and emotional journey of the show.

The trailers and especially the Prologue required multiple viewings to catch everything you can imagine the film itself !